Now let us have a little talk with Jesus

What are some things you do on a daily basis that helps strengthen your walk?

I was never a very habitual praying person, but I’ve come to a point where I do it every single day, sometimes multiple times a day. When you make a point of bringing worries, thoughts, and more to God, I think it decreases the spiritual distance between you.

I’ve had things happen in my life that helped me to realize that ALL OF MY DAYS are gifts, and none of them are guaranteed me, so one of the things I always try to do in prayer is thank God for each and every day He has made, and gratitude for letting me live through it.

I’m not monetarily wealthy, but when I pray more, I begin to realize just how much I truly have, be it family and loved ones, food and a roof over my head, a caring church family, etc. I realize that by spiritual standards, I am a very rich man. I don’t think I would feel that way without an abundant prayer life, honestly. Too often, we allow ourselves to fall into thinking SO MUCH about our lives and our worries, and our plans, and our fears, that those very things become more tangible and more immediate to us.

When we step away from them, and breathe, and ask God for His Will to be done, rather than our own, that’s when great things happen, and help appears.

I could talk about other daily things that might strengthen my walk, but praying is possibly the absolute biggest and most important. You can never do it too much. :slight_smile:

2 Likes