Kurushii's Bible Verse of the Week #15

Post discussions or questions regarding Christianity here.
Kurushii Drive
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: Kurushii Drive

Kurushii's Bible Verse of the Week #15

Postby Kurushii Drive » February 14th, 2017, 3:45 pm

Verse:
"For we walk by faith, not by sight."
-2 Corinthians 5:7 HCSB

Thoughts on the Verse:
Countless times in this life, our faith and allegiance to Christ will be put to the test by false prophets, trials, temptations, and the like. Those hardships, however, are not intended to take us down, but rather are for strengthening our relationship and fellowship with God. Looking at the way things are when they are tough is easy and one becomes susceptible to stumbling when they do this. However, as I have always said, and the Bible explicates: fixing your eyes on the storm makes it seem difficult and impossible; but fixing your eyes on the cross and the love of our great God and Saviour, Christ Jesus, says that you believe that what He has done is enough, and you trust in Him to keep you safe. To close this iteration of KBVW:
2 Corinthians 4:8-9 HCSB wrote:8 We are pressured in every way but not crushed; we are perplexed but not in despair; 9 we are persecuted but not abandoned; we are struck down but not destroyed.

With this in mind, let's walk by faith and not by sight----always.

Prayer:
Lord God, thank You for always protecting me in Your arms from wherever there is trouble and temptation. The doubt and the struggle inside of me now is to an indescribable degree, and it's hard for me to continue to have faith in Your Son's work and Your promises. Help me to keep my eyes on You, and stay focused on what You have done so that I will remain in You. Please, help my unbelief in these struggles, and hold tightly to my arm. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Written by Kurushii Drive on 14 February 2017. Glory to God.

Return to “About Christianity”