Kurushii's Bible Verse of the Week #17

Post discussions or questions regarding Christianity here.
Kurushii Drive
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: Kurushii Drive

Kurushii's Bible Verse of the Week #17

Postby Kurushii Drive » May 16th, 2017, 3:32 pm

Verse:
"[9] Don’t you know that the unrighteous will not inherit God’s kingdom? Do not be deceived: No sexually immoral people, idolaters, adulterers, or anyone practicing homosexuality, [10] no thieves, greedy people, drunkards, verbally abusive people, or swindlers will inherit God’s kingdom. [11] And some of you used to be like this. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God."
-1 Corinthians 6:9-11 HCSB

Thoughts on the Verse:
All of us who have been graciously rescued and redeemed under the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ are sealed in this sanctification by the Holy Spirit and are guaranteed a child of God in the kingdom (Eph 1:13). However, we must understand that should we repeatedly sin against God as idolaters, adulterers, homosexuals, etc., then we will not receive the inheritance of God's kingdom as one who does good works in the Lord should. In fact, our works themselves, separate yet still flowing from our salvation, will undergo a test of fire from God (see 1 Corinthians 3:5-17). If they were properly laid on God's foundation, our reward (i.e., inheritance) will be received. However, failure to do so is an insult to God's amazing grace and spiritual washing of our bodies time after time, sin after sin. So let's hold each other accountable when we fall into sin so that we won't be subject to the torment of the Devil. Thankfully, we are assured to never lose our salvation, yet we must walk the good walk of faith until the end in order to receive the inheritance in God's kingdom. Not only will His name be glorified, but also a true heart's legacy will spread to all for corners of the earth, letting them know of the true salvation of God.

Prayer:
God, forgive me for my frail heart by which I am lured into intentional sin sometimes. Please strengthen me in my weakness so that I can follow Your will, Your word, and Your truth, and that my faith will be seen by good works for You. Thank You for Your salvation, and continue to keep me from evil, in Your name. Amen.

Written by Kurushii Drive on 16 May 2017. Glory to God.

Return to “About Christianity”