Pondering a New Study

Post discussions or questions regarding Christianity here.
SkyeRangerDelta
Council Member
Council Member
Steam Profile: pldynEOL
Origin Profile: SkyeRangerDelta
UPlay Player: SkyeRangerDelta
Battle.net Profile: SkyeRanger#1967
Formerly Known As: End of Line

Pondering a New Study

Post by SkyeRangerDelta » September 20th, 2018, 9:20 pm

Greetings all,

Some of you know that I have been engaged in collegiate studies under one of the nations most profound professors in regards to the Dead Sea Scrolls (DSS) and the New Testament. My father also studied under him during his time at UNCC (where I go) and actually ended up changing his major over into religious studies (RELS) because of it.

Well, since my dad took the course (and many others, compounded only by his post-collegiate self studies), he expects nothing less than a solid A in the gradebook, even to the extent of questioning the ability to teach a study on the DSS. I'd like to begin the study in CC, and then if all goes well, take it to my church and teach the Sunday school class there as a study, wherein my dad will be in attendance (the ultimate test, heh).

Of course, this plan is only to see if it's something that can be done. About an hours worth of material will be discussed each session, including the Qumran settlement, the caves, the scrolls themselves, the Jewish sect that are believed to be associated with them, and more. Begin with the Community Rule (1QS) and carry on through each cave with pertaining scrolls such as the War Scroll, the Thanksgiving Hymn, the Copper Scroll, and more.

This is just a feeler. Obviously the course will need to be completed before I begin complete focus on the study. Please, drop your comments, opinions, and thoughts below.
word count: 254
"Shoot him! Now please!"

Kesarahk
Council Member
Council Member

Re: Pondering a New Study

Post by Kesarahk » September 20th, 2018, 9:30 pm

I defer to the study leads. If they're in favor, so am I, but I'll back their decision either way.
That said, it sounds like an awesome subject.
word count: 30

SkyeRangerDelta
Council Member
Council Member
Steam Profile: pldynEOL
Origin Profile: SkyeRangerDelta
UPlay Player: SkyeRangerDelta
Battle.net Profile: SkyeRanger#1967
Formerly Known As: End of Line

Re: Pondering a New Study

Post by SkyeRangerDelta » September 20th, 2018, 9:51 pm

Hmm, indeed. Scribe used the word "Ambitious" when he saw the thread. I think nothing less of it. However the big thing here is that I want to pitch the study to CC. Not as if CC is a "test subject" (#forscience) you see, but so that if it goes well, then I'll feel confident about throwing it at my church's Sunday school class. Being able to lead a study on the DSS would blow my dad's mind.
word count: 81
"Shoot him! Now please!"