Thoughts on "What a Beautiful Name"

Post discussions or questions regarding Christianity here.
Kurushii Drive
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: Kurushii Drive

Thoughts on "What a Beautiful Name"

Post by Kurushii Drive » June 8th, 2017, 5:44 pm

https://faithfulstewardshipblog.com/201 ... g-worship/

Very good blog post on Hillsong's latest hit, exposing the controversies having to do with Hillsong in general concerning their theology and their emotional manipulation. Feel free to share your thoughts on this song (that is, discuss!).
word count: 44

DynamiteTiger
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: DynamiteTiger
Origin Profile: DynamiteTiger
UPlay Player: DynamiteTiger

Re: Thoughts on "What a Beautiful Name"

Post by DynamiteTiger » June 23rd, 2017, 12:36 pm

I think it's an over complication of a good song. It's obvious the author has some issues with Hillsongs doctrines or theology but tearing down a song line for line to argue how it doesn't align with scripture seems to me like just a soapbox rant. There's a definite need for us to have a measure of God's presence in our lives on a regular basis. And yes, we live to share the gospel, but in sharing our testimony we do "glorify God in this day." If we need to be that careful on what we sing in our songs, then we may as well just sing straight scripture.

I lead worship on a regular basis and I can tell you from experience, God can move through this song. It has everything to do with the heart of the worshiper. Don't get me wrong, there are definitely songs out there that are romanticized and don't set your focus on the right things but this is not one of them. Those are the songs that have no mention of God in any form and don't at all align with scripture but have lyrics such as "I love you, I can't go on without you, I need you... you you you." No mention of Jesus or who you're singing to.
word count: 228
* For whosoever will save his life shall lose it, and whosoever
will lose his life for My sake shall find it. Matthew 16:25 *