Pre-Meeting Discussion 12/9/17

For Christian Crew Event postings
NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Pre-Meeting Discussion 12/9/17

Postby NeoJabez » December 1st, 2017, 7:43 pm

There will be a Community Meeting in TeamSpeak on Saturday, December the 9th at 7:00pm Eastern, 6:00pm Central, 5:00pm Mountain, and 4:00pm Pacific. Post here if you want to bring something up during the meeting. Can't make it? Be sure to post enough info so everyone will understand your thoughts or concerns. Is it something of a more sensitive nature? PM a Council member so they can look it over during the closed part of the meeting.
CC Meetings

The Council is more than willing to hear from its members and those who keep our community alive. As such, the Council holds regular Community Meetings every two weeks. These meetings are intended to be a time where the CC Council can address any questions, concerns, suggestions, complaints, or comments the community may have. Council Meetings consists of both an open session and a closed session. The community, both tagged membership and non, is encouraged to attend the open session so that they can voice their opinion to help make community-wide decisions. The closed session is for Council and Staff only to discuss private matters.

Special Announcement: This is the ONLY meeting we will have this December, and we still won't have everyone in attendance. Because of this, this will be more of a 'discuss stuff, share ideas' type of meeting, rather than a 'make decisions, vote on stuff' meeting. We likely won't have enough members or leaders for a full meeting. We're going to play it by ear. Either way, full meetings will resume most likely on January 6, 2018. In the meantime, enjoy Christmas Party Fridays!

Please post your topics here.
If serving is below you, leadership is beyond you. - Anonymous

Coram Deo, Soli Deo Gloria

mandrakenk
CC Member
CC Member

Re: Pre-Meeting Discussion 12/9/17

Postby mandrakenk » December 2nd, 2017, 10:37 am

What type of out reach does ccgaming have when inviting people into joining the community besides events?
http://isschristian.org/live
Gaming https://www.twitch.tv/mandrakenk
Luke 2:52 "And Jesus grow in stature and favor with God and Man"

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Postby NeoJabez » December 6th, 2017, 6:49 pm

Should we cancel?

Grizz Gallant
Ark: SE Division Leader
Ark: SE Division Leader
Steam Profile: †<CC>< Grizz Gallant
Origin Profile: GrizzGallant
Battle.net Profile: GrizzGallant#1761

Postby Grizz Gallant » December 6th, 2017, 6:52 pm

I intend to be there.

mandrakenk
CC Member
CC Member

Postby mandrakenk » December 10th, 2017, 4:14 am

was there a recording of the meeting?
http://isschristian.org/live
Gaming https://www.twitch.tv/mandrakenk
Luke 2:52 "And Jesus grow in stature and favor with God and Man"

DynamiteTiger
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: DynamiteTiger
Origin Profile: DynamiteTiger
UPlay Player: DynamiteTiger

Postby DynamiteTiger » December 10th, 2017, 6:10 am

There was and it's on Ffootballls YT as usual. I'll leave it up to leadership to link that.

I like to make it out to every meeting, but had a migraine today so missed out. But I did listen to the recording in it's entirety. There's a few things I'd like to say about the lengthy conversation on CC leadership, the standards, how leaders are chosen, and my experience and perspective on these things.

In a community run by a select appointed few, you can't just choose leaders because someone says they want to lead. This just complicates things and you end up with leaders who have a title and an opinion but no role in the community. Just like many other things in the community, this process has to occur naturally. Most of the time, a leader is chosen based on their involvement and how they "step into" roles or based on their wisdom and experience. Just being around for a time, and helping with any thing from events to various forms of administration and/or site management, it will eventually be clear to those around you that you are a natural leader in the community. That's not to say that members who "step up" will become leaders. The Council will just be spinning tires if they choose to appoint everyone who volunteers their help. When the time is right, and there is a need for that leadership, it will be obvious to those involved in the community, who should be elevated to a leadership position. As Neo's signature, says, "If serving is below you, leadership is beyond you." In the past I've said it a little differently, "The community will never be what you want it to be, unless you do your part in making it so."

More so on the internet than IRL leaders must be diplomatic and great communicators. Judging someones character in this aspect takes time. Usually a long time when in comes to the net and a community as large as this one. Christianity aside, a person who is argumentative, or doesn't take criticism well, won't last long as an online community leader. So add to that Christian character and that person's ability to be an example of the community they represent, and you have a complicated process. There won't be anything that the Council will be able to put to paper on what they're looking for, how that person will be chosen, or how long it will take. This is just something that needs to be accepted as fact and when someone is chosen, it needs to be the belief of the community at large that the Council only has the community's best interest at heart when making those, and any other decision.

I don't know some of the history that was referenced, but I'm confident that each leader, when appointed, was judged on their abilities to fulfill the role based on some of the points I mentioned above. Because of the sensitive nature of most conflicts, the community needs to trust that the leadership is holding each other accountable without having knowledge of what exactly has transpired behind closed doors. The standards they should be held to, as far as the community is concerned, should be simply based on activity and basic conduct as a member of CCG. If there is any doubt, direct communication with that leader needs to happen. If not directly, then with another CM. Without it, rumours and indignation grow. As mentioned in the meeting, a level of forgiveness and grace is needed by all. As far as activity, from what I've seen, most community leaders are very aware of their involvement in the community and are open to stepping down when RL starts to take more precedent over time with the community. As a leader, something that they need to think about all the time is: "Am I spending enough time with/on the community to justify my title and role? Do I still have the knowledge and wisdom to continue being a benefit to the community? Or is there someone else who would better fill this position?"

With that in mind, as a leader in RL and online, it should be a goal to always be training. Nobody should be indispensable. God forbid, if the worst should happen and a leader is no longer able to be there at all, there should be someone who has already been "groomed" to fill that position. That doesn't need to be, and really shouldn't be, an official title but will just occur naturally over time. What's important is that weekly conversations among CMs should be recognizing members of the community who have shown themselves as potential future leaders, as I'm sure they do. But to make a trainee an official role comes with an expectation that the training will end in a position when that won't always be the case. One of my most favorite truth sayings is: "Anger comes from unmet expectations." This is true of all things in life. To prevent any future conflict or drama, it's in the best interest of the Council and community that this doesn't become an official process or expectation.
* For whosoever will save his life shall lose it, and whosoever
will lose his life for My sake shall find it. Matthew 16:25 *

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Postby NeoJabez » December 10th, 2017, 4:13 pm

Very well said, Mr. Tiger.

If a person wants to lead, they have every opportunity to do just that. You don't have to be an Event Coordinator to throw an event together. We encourage anyone to do so, and will help you promote it.

This is a FANTASTIC way to show off your coordination or leadership skills to everyone.

A true leader is someone who finds a way to be involved, without needing anyone else's initiative but their own.

Return to “Events”