Pre-Meeting Discussion 11/10/18

For Christian Crew Event postings
NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Pre-Meeting Discussion 11/10/18

Post by NeoJabez » October 31st, 2018, 11:51 am

There will be a Community Meeting in Discord on Saturday, November the 10th at 7:00pm Eastern, 6:00pm Central, 5:00pm Mountain, and 4:00pm Pacific. Post here if you want to bring something up during the meeting. Can't make it? Be sure to post enough info so everyone will understand your thoughts or concerns. Is it something of a more sensitive nature? PM a Council member so they can look it over during the closed part of the meeting.
CC Meetings

The Council is more than willing to hear from its members and those who keep our community alive. As such, the Council holds regular Community Meetings every two weeks. These meetings are intended to be a time where the CC Council can address any questions, concerns, suggestions, complaints, or comments the community may have. Council Meetings consists of both an open session and a closed session. The community, both tagged membership and non, is encouraged to attend the open session so that they can voice their opinion to help make community-wide decisions. The closed session is for Council and Staff only to discuss private matters.

We HIGHLY encourage everyone to list topic ideas in this thread before the meeting, we will be asking for 'spur of the moment' business less from now on.

Please post your topics here.

1) NeoJ - We have a new "Answer" to a great new Question in our Knowledgebase! Have a look here: Knowledge Base - Occult Video Games and Media - [Our Answer]

2) Kesa - A reminder for all of our Discord users. We have had a few trolls lately sending unwanted, very bad images and messages in Discord Direct Messages. We would like to encourage everyone to turn off this functionality. (Discord Friends are not affected by this change.)

Nifty Gif by SkyeRangerDelta (Edited by NeoJabez because it was 300mb+)

Our Discord is temporarily on a lockdown, and we are asking people to take these precautions as a few people have received rather graphic Direct Messages. If YOU are receiving these messages, please let a Council Member know, so we can combat the problem for you. If we don't know this is happening, we can't fix it.

3) Skye - Would like to get opinions on the optimal time to play Gravity Falls night.

4) Grizz - New Ark DLC "Extinction" should be up on our Ark servers.
word count: 396
If serving is below you, leadership is beyond you. - Anonymous

Coram Deo, Soli Deo Gloria

Kesarahk
Council Member
Council Member

Re: Pre-Meeting Discussion 11/10/18

Post by Kesarahk » October 31st, 2018, 7:24 pm

Reiterate that we encourage our userbase to turn off server-server DMs.
Edit: wanted to type more but niece started fussing. Explain the current situation, and that while we are working on ways of minimizing this happening, the only way we can GUARANTEE a bad DM doesn't get through is by our users turning on that setting. Include a link to the instructions gif in #meetinghall, and ask them to spread the word to those who don't make the meeting.

This might be worth hilighting at every meeting if there are people present who don't already know about the potential for being targeted and how to protect themselves and their minors. Even one of these hitting someone who can't deal with it is not good.
word count: 129

SkyeRangerDelta
Council Member
Council Member
Steam Profile: pldynEOL
Origin Profile: SkyeRangerDelta
UPlay Player: SkyeRangerDelta
Battle.net Profile: SkyeRanger#1967
Formerly Known As: End of Line

Post by SkyeRangerDelta » October 31st, 2018, 11:34 pm

I can assure you that update 15 will not be out by the next meeting unless by some freak of scheduling I get an insane amount of free time. So, in light of that, I will be making a mention on the security implementations Fishsticks will be hosting after the deliberation of council. Since Fishsticks is CC's community bot, I think that being open with his processes is something that should be done. Should be quick and snappy.

Also a note on Gravity Falls Night, give the community a chance to weigh in on optimal times.
word count: 97
"Shoot him! Now please!"

Kesarahk
Council Member
Council Member

Post by Kesarahk » October 31st, 2018, 11:36 pm

One more thing: has anyone been hit by these yuckbomb DMs that we don't know about? Please let Council know. We have absolutely no way of knowing about such DM activity unless people tell us. If the sender is still on the server we can fix that immediately; if they're not, the information still gives us an idea of the scope of such activity, which is important.

Edit: Note, that animating instruction gif goes too fast for me to follow. A slower gif and/or Football's stills for those of us who get killed a lot by game monsters we haven't spotted yet. <--me :biggrin:
word count: 108

SkyeRangerDelta
Council Member
Council Member
Steam Profile: pldynEOL
Origin Profile: SkyeRangerDelta
UPlay Player: SkyeRangerDelta
Battle.net Profile: SkyeRanger#1967
Formerly Known As: End of Line

Post by SkyeRangerDelta » November 1st, 2018, 7:29 am

Kesarahk wrote:
October 31st, 2018, 11:36 pm
Edit: Note, that animating instruction gif goes too fast for me to follow. A slower gif and/or Football's stills for those of us who get killed a lot by game monsters we haven't spotted yet. <--me :biggrin:

@Neo, what have you done to my beautiful GIF? MAKE IT SLOWER. The last thing we need are Football's images. Repulsive
word count: 69
"Shoot him! Now please!"

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Post by NeoJabez » November 1st, 2018, 12:06 pm

Your beautiful gif wouldn't share on the forums because it was 322mb. I literally just cut frames and sized it down. (I cut like 400 frames.) It may be quick, but it repeats over and over and over. :)
word count: 39

Kesarahk
Council Member
Council Member

Post by Kesarahk » November 1st, 2018, 5:46 pm

Hopefully the original can be hosted and linked for the meeting?
word count: 11

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Post by NeoJabez » November 1st, 2018, 11:24 pm

Well, the original is hosted on Skye's network...But it won't post to the forums, we'll have to throw people the direct link to it.
word count: 28

Kesarahk
Council Member
Council Member

Post by Kesarahk » November 2nd, 2018, 7:20 pm

The stills worked just fine for me. ;)
word count: 7

ShaddaShk
Council Member