Pre-Meeting Discussion AND Notes 01/26/19

For Christian Crew Event postings
NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Pre-Meeting Discussion AND Notes 01/26/19

Post by NeoJabez » January 18th, 2019, 10:53 pm

There will be a Community Meeting in Discord on Saturday, January the 26th at 7:00pm Eastern, 6:00pm Central, 5:00pm Mountain, and 4:00pm Pacific. Post here if you want to bring something up during the meeting. Can't make it? Be sure to post enough info so everyone will understand your thoughts or concerns. Is it something of a more sensitive nature? PM a Council member so they can look it over during the closed part of the meeting.
CC Meetings

The Council is more than willing to hear from its members and those who keep our community alive. As such, the Council holds regular Community Meetings every two weeks. These meetings are intended to be a time where the CC Council can address any questions, concerns, suggestions, complaints, or comments the community may have. Council Meetings consists of both an open session and a closed session. The community, both tagged membership and non, is encouraged to attend the open session so that they can voice their opinion to help make community-wide decisions. The closed session is for Council and Staff only to discuss private matters.

Please post your topics here.
word count: 194
If serving is below you, leadership is beyond you. - Anonymous

Coram Deo, Soli Deo Gloria

Kesarahk
Council Member
Council Member

Re: Pre-Meeting Discussion AND Notes 01/26/19

Post by Kesarahk » January 22nd, 2019, 6:58 pm

Skye updated the channels, which included the addition of a voice/text art channel set (hall of aptitude) open to Recognizeds and above. Add !creative to your roles and join us in cramming it! ^^
word count: 34

Kesarahk
Council Member
Council Member

Re: Pre-Meeting Discussion AND Notes 01/26/19

Post by Kesarahk » January 26th, 2019, 9:23 pm

26 Jan '19, Sat meeting notes

SUMMARY: There's a poll up to feel out how the community feels about divisions, game roles, and combinations thereof. Go click, fine people!

Actionable items: Request for a general "Ministry" channel set, wherein personal growth and questions can be discussed. (Not debates/controversies.) General response was favorable.

A question about alternate meeting days/times garnered little response, and enough people showed up that it may be a moot point?

END SUMMARY.

Below are the more complete notes, with relevant text copied from #meetinghall.

Prayer requests:

-Skye's job application
-Cal's exam studies
-praise that Neo didn't post 5 announcements

*Hall of Aptitude channels: Recognized+ accessible. Creative stuffs go here. Post away!

*New server users: What's your experience been?

*Does the current meeting time/day work for your schedule, or would another day make it easier for you to attend?

*Cal's question: tags for games that people play -- why don't we have them?
*mention of genres vs. divisions

Gamers: What multiplayer games do you play, that you see many other people playing frequently, that you would like to ping/be pinged about for group play?

-Overwatch
-PUBG
-GW2
-Dead by Daylight
-Heroes of the Storm
-Terraria
-Stardew Valley
-Elder Scrolls Online
-Warframe
-War Thunder
X-Dota 2 this one declared dead
-Starbound
-Minecraft
-Space Engineers
-Quiplash
-Duck Game
-Drawpile
-Hearthstone
-CCEF (Elite Dangerous)
-Civilization 5
-Quiplash

What should the maximum number of game roles? initial poll:
5-10: five votes
11-15: three votes
16-25: four votes

SilverHoudiniToday at 4:50 PM
As a new person who was coming in, it was a bit... dismaying to only see two divisions. At first, I was unsure if I'd be welcome because I don't play Overwatch or Battle Royale. So maybe another way to think about the roles is about welcoming newbies in?
Maybe pick the top XX number of games and make roles?

FutronBobToday at 4:40 PM
:raised_hand: I highly disagree with Radier's idea of adding hidden voice channels for only members of their respective roles. If we do that, new joins or anyone who is not in the role will have no idea what's popular, who's playing what, etc. CC will constantly appear empty unless you're in all the roles.

BenToday at 4:41 PM
:raised_hand: I used to be in a discord that would allow you to do what we're talking about, but you would join a subdivision by clicking on a reaction emoji on a post in an announcements channel.

NeoJ™Today at 4:55 PM
It was mentioned above by Silver that they saw two divisions when they joined and they were a little stymied until the saw how we really work.

SilverHoudiniToday at 4:56 PM
@NeoJ™ My point was more in support of adding a few more rather than doing away with them. Because like I said, if I played those games, I'd feel differently.

Grizz (when asked): It's hard to get a division going, don't know if there's anything to do about that or if there's a better system.

SilverHoudiniToday at 4:59 PM
What if I only play one of those?
Example: I like open-world/sandbox, but I don't like minecraft, so I'd rather not be pinged for it.

MegsToday at 5:01 PM
I agree
divisions not pingable, but the games are

Winged ScribeToday at 5:02 PM
Division identifies what's either popular or trendy in the game world among our members. The game roles would be for communication among fellow players and the specifying of games within a genre (or division).

-The great soda war happened while Ben was typing his question.

-BenToday at 5:09 PM
Lets have more channels for talking about God's word and what he's been doing lately in our lives. Maybe we don't want to make a prayer request or talk about something related to Bible study. Maybe we just want to talk about how God has been revealing himself in our lives or what he has taught us in meditation/prayer.

I think there should be at least 1 or more text channels for discussing what God has been doing in our lives. At least one voice channel too. God doesn't work on a schedule between prayer time and Bible study!

MegsToday at 5:11 PM
I would say that I prefer talking in discord, as forums feel very tense
discord is more personal imo
I think it's like email vs text
with emails I feel the need to perfect it
exactly
I have a lot of questions but don't feel comfortable posting them on the forums and feel kind of strange putting them in general chat here
MegsToday at 5:16 PM
Yeah but Neo I don't feel comfortable with websites

-general ministry channel request; favorable response.

Final poll, currently active:

1. Divisions should be a pingable blanket role, and game roles (Overwatch, Fortnite, etc.) should also be pingable.

2. Divisions should just be a community culture construct, not a role; and game roles should be pingable.

3. We shouldn't even have Divisions, only game roles.

4. We shouldn't have game roles, RESTORE THE GREATNESS OF DIVISIONS!

5. We shouldn't have any of this mess, just let people do what they want.
word count: 905