GW2 guild planning thread

Discuss Guild Wars 2 here.
Stormsworder
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: stormsworder59

Re: GW2 guild planning thread

Post by Stormsworder » August 6th, 2012, 10:35 pm

When I first joined CC, I tried finding an official CC guild and Titan pointed me to FSCF. I eventually became leader, tried to point people to the guild, but any CC who did join just ended up leaving.

Honestly, I could be a leader too for GW2. I spent seven years in GW1, at least MOST of my time in CC leading that guild. Just when I couldn't get CC members for it, I kinda stopped frequenting here as much. Know I've been away so long most people probably don't remember me.
word count: 96

AttolloDeus
Steam Profile: AttolloDeus

Post by AttolloDeus » August 6th, 2012, 11:13 pm

I picked up GW1 late into its lifespan. By the time I jumped in, the only time I really enjoyed playing was when I actually avoided most of the max levels and organized guilds. Everybody had their predetermined paths for what they wanted to play, most people were at endgame everything, and I was just trying to understand the storyline and appreciate the game.

People continually offered to power-level me and run me to Lion's Arch all the time, but that slowly ruined my GW1 experience. The most fun I had was when I was in teamspeak, actually communicating with people while I was playing. In fact, that's the only time I remember really enjoying GW1.

I never had any authority in GW1 guilds. I know I joined yours at one point Storm, but I wasn't gonna make a fuss about how I wanted to enjoy the game since I was new to the entire scene. Since you were in skype or in-game chat we didn't hang out as much, and I felt the guild was big enough that there was very little notice of the new people filtering in.

For those reasons, I am personally not leaning toward one unified guild on one central server for every Christian clan. I will group with anybody that has a good attitude and can be respectful, including non-clans, and I will probably multi-guild to stay in touch with groups, but I don't foresee a successful unified guild as GW1 didn't have a successful unified guild. We just have to make sure not to be separating for the purpose of "I want things done my way."

I have real-life friends that also want to play, and then which takes priority: Real-life friends on one server, or a more centralized guild on another?

~AD / Steve~
word count: 313

Stormsworder
CC Member
CC Member

Post by Stormsworder » August 6th, 2012, 11:21 pm

It wasn't really a big guild. Lot of members on roster, but just about no one played. Maybe... four or five very active people? And I'm not trying to say one huuuuge guild either. People will have their own guilds and stuff, but i'm mostly saying trying to organize what guilds get made among the CC crew and try to at least get everyone into the CC-affiliated guilds. Try not to have TOO many of them, or else it's going to be a pain to get enough influence to get guild hall stuff when maybe one or two people play.

The guesting system will allow for playing with people on different servers, but you wouldn't be able to participate in WvW on those other servers. Just the one you join on. If we can just figure out one to do, we could at least have a good group for WvW.

Right now, I'm pretty sure the original guild founders are going to split off and do their own thing with FSCF in GW2, because none of them are even communicating with me about it. So been trying to figure out how I'm even going to do things. With how my old alliance is doing, all the alliance members will be members of all the alliance guilds come GW2, since there isn't an actual alliance system.

GW2... I'm not sure how effectively that would work out. Maybe figure out what guilds will be represented and created on the chosen server so the leaders can coordinate and the members can join whichever ones they want... personally mine will be mostly PvE oriented, so specializations could likely work out for the guilds.
word count: 289

PunT
Steam Profile: puntftw

Post by PunT » August 7th, 2012, 10:45 am

I'm all for people wanting to stick and play together.. but big guilds that focus on being big guilds becomes a problem. I want to enjoy my time playing and just go through it. Of course I'll be pushing my way through the content with romans and risk. But I really want to play with the group as a whole in PvE and eventually PvP. While I love hanging with Christians and doing fellowship.. I don't want some of the drama that comes along with trying to play with "Christians and being Christian".

I'm all for people having a Christian guild.. but I'd much rather be here for the game, and while playing use my time to use it for Christ where ever and whenever possible. (easier said than done right?)
Too much focus is put on trying to make a Christian only group/guild or whatever and not enough time being Christ-like.

I'll be joining whatever guild Romans and Risk create.. but also will join into a few others as they contain other friends and RL friends. I want to just have fun and not spend time focusing on little things.
word count: 199
Lucifer was so beautiful, I wonder what really happened that day! You corrupted your wisdom for the sake of your splendor, All to have it stripped away!

YOU ARE THE GOD OF NOTHING!

Stormsworder
CC Member
CC Member

Post by Stormsworder » August 7th, 2012, 11:39 am

That's... not really what I'm trying to do. XD I'm trying to sorta at least get us on the same server and somewhat linked together. A huge guild would be impossible to organize and manage. It's not really trying to make a Christian only group in my plan. I'm just trying to get the old alliance that the CC guild was with on GW1 and this whole new GW2 group together. I put enough years into the GW1 guild that I don't want to just up and leave because I didn't come to the CC forums sooner to put a voice into organizing the GW2 guild. I had always thought not many people here were interested in GW.
word count: 125

PunT
Steam Profile: puntftw

Post by PunT » August 7th, 2012, 1:09 pm

The guild itself isn't a "CC" guild but rather just the ones that showed the interest of playing together when we saw GW2 was coming out and played during the original beta.
word count: 33
Lucifer was so beautiful, I wonder what really happened that day! You corrupted your wisdom for the sake of your splendor, All to have it stripped away!

YOU ARE THE GOD OF NOTHING!

Stc95

Post by Stc95 » August 7th, 2012, 1:15 pm

Just to clarify, what I had in mind isn't a super-mega guild of all the Christian GW2 guilds I could find. I just want us all to be in contact, supporting each other, and, in a perfect world, playing on the same server. I'm not trying to take any guild's sovereignty or force any rule or practice or ideology on them. I just want some collegiality between a largely fragmented society (Christians).
word count: 76

KustomElvis

Post by KustomElvis » August 7th, 2012, 1:32 pm

The thing is that Romans, punt, and "the gang" are not all CC members and what want to do is their own thing, so I guess I just do not see the issue here with that. The other thing is that they have been planning this for several months ahead of anyone really posting anything on the forums or in google docs or anything like that. I would say they pretty much have everything set in stone.

For me, personally, I would rather stick to close friends or friends that I have known for a while than jump into a guild that all of them are strangers and not much would get done, so for me I would rather be a part of romans' guild
word count: 125

Stormsworder
CC Member
CC Member

Post by Stormsworder » August 7th, 2012, 1:46 pm

I'm not sure why you'd say "not much would get done". We're organized, been in every beta, been in GW1 for years... we're a pretty well-organized and strong alliance. I just at least want to get on the same server so I can lead my guild and be part of this whole one going on. *shrug* But if I have to choose, I'll have to go with the original group that was said to me to be the CC guild and continue to advertise it as such.

And you can be in more than one guild, you know. That is their feature for it, though no longer is there an alliance of guilds feature like in GW1. which causes some organizational issues for large alliances in GW1.
word count: 133

twinlights7
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: twinlights7

Post by twinlights7 » August 7th, 2012, 2:32 pm

Not to be rude Elvis, but try not to use so many absolutes, haha. I know not everything set in stone, and as far as my vote carries I am not opposed to the idea of picking a different home world.

In regards to which guild is the official "CC" guild, I am under the impression that CC is still only a CS:S and TF2 guild/clan/group. For other games, a particular guild deemed "official" was just a guild where most of the CC members who played that game all joined up. That being said, it seems to me that quite a few CC members, at least any active ones, at headstart or at launch are planning to join this particular guild, whatever the final name may be, headed by Attollo and Romans. As far as I know, FSCF was the CC go-to guild in GW1 for a time, however I don't see how, with many people coming back in GW2 and joining this newly planned guild, the old alliance collab guild can be called the "CC" guild or advertised as such because it looks like at this time a majority of CC is headed here.

For clarification, I'm not saying that our is trying to be the official one or not. If someone comes on the forums or into teamspeak asking what server and what guild CC is in, we pointed them to the guild planning Google doc and let them know thats where a lot of us would be hanging out in GW2.

Forgive me if I'm interpreting some of the discussion wrong.
word count: 271
†<CC>< Risk

Micah 7:7 - But as for me, I watch in hope for the LORD, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me.