GW2 guild planning thread

Discuss Guild Wars 2 here.
KustomElvis

Re: GW2 guild planning thread

Post by KustomElvis » August 7th, 2012, 8:27 pm

When I say set in stone, I mean the leaders and what kind of things they want to accomplish. I do not mean worlds and pvp and the like. When I say not getting things done, it means when you are a stranger in a guild and have zero friends there, then they either expect you to be at a certain level or may turn out to be rude.

When I was playing GW1 it was too organized to the point where if you were not at their understanding, then they wanted nothing to do with you or go play with a lower level guild. All I am saying is that it is about a comfort level to go at a pace that is not rampant and they MUST be at a pro level or get out. Being really organized has ups and downs and when friends are not there to help you along, then it is more down than up and that is what I mean by things not getting done.

It is a game and whether they are Christians or not does not matter since people still get heated at the moment and over time will demand that you at least not look like a new player. I am not saying that a CC guild or Christian guilds are a bad idea or that no one should join them here, but for ME it feels more comfortable being around friends since it is not intimidating and no one is down my throat for not understanding all the details so perfectly.
word count: 262

Kunkali
CC Member
CC Member

Post by Kunkali » August 7th, 2012, 8:51 pm

Hopefully cliques dont form though

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
word count: 9
“Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.” - Francis Chan, Crazy Love

TheRomans

Post by TheRomans » August 8th, 2012, 10:14 am

word count: 0

twinlights7
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: twinlights7

Post by twinlights7 » August 8th, 2012, 2:59 pm

So, ignoring Romans' post and getting back the discussion: I'll bring it up with the other GW2 guild leaders.
word count: 20
†<CC>< Risk

Micah 7:7 - But as for me, I watch in hope for the LORD, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me.

Kunkali
CC Member
CC Member

Post by Kunkali » August 8th, 2012, 3:01 pm

Stress test tommorrow:

We will be conducting a stress test on Thursday, August 9 from 12:00 Noon PACIFIC Time to 4:00 PM PACIFIC Time.

The stress test is open to anyone who has pre-purchased Guild Wars 2.

We will be actively working on the game during the event, so you might experience connectivity problems or discover features that are not working as designed. Any issues you experience are a result of the rigorous conditions of the stress test, and are in no way representative of the state of the game at launch. By participating in this stress test, you’re helping us make Guild Wars 2 a better game. Thanks for your cooperation—we’ll see you in-game! ~RB2

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
word count: 127
“Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.” - Francis Chan, Crazy Love

Stc95

Post by Stc95 » August 8th, 2012, 4:48 pm

As a resource for your discussions, this website is the de-facto official site for where guilds will be. http://www.gw2guilds.org/

http://www.gw2guilds.org/guilds/us/sanctum-of-rall This is the Sanctum of Rall server, and as you can see, already Legacy of Elijah, Saint's of Lions Arch, and Signet of the [LION] have declared for this server.
word count: 63

twinlights7
CC Member
CC Member

Post by twinlights7 » August 10th, 2012, 1:57 am

Alright thanks Stc95. I also got a chance to read up a bit on the CGA forums so I'll see if there is a consensus.
word count: 26
†<CC>< Risk

Micah 7:7 - But as for me, I watch in hope for the LORD, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me.

Stc95

Post by Stc95 » August 10th, 2012, 1:20 pm

Not intending to badger or strong arm you guys, but I did want to update you that Saints 3G has officially joined us on Sanctum of Rall. We now have LoE, LION, SOLA, and now SAVD all on one Rall.
word count: 40

TheRomans

Post by TheRomans » August 10th, 2012, 3:18 pm

is rall world v world server?
word count: 6

twinlights7
CC Member
CC Member

Post by twinlights7 » August 10th, 2012, 3:29 pm

TheRomans wrote:is rall world v world server?

Find me tonight on TS and hopefully AD is on too then.

Edit: Gangnam Style.
Last edited by twinlights7 on August 10th, 2012, 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 23
†<CC>< Risk