GW2 guild planning thread

Discuss Guild Wars 2 here.
Verasol

Re: GW2 guild planning thread

Post by Verasol » August 15th, 2012, 6:24 am

Hello everyone!
I'm Verasol, or just Veras, from the guild Saints 3G! It seems we may be playing on the same server in Guild Wars 2 (as Stc has pointed out), and just wanted to drop in and say, well, hi! And if you guys do end up on SoR, it'll be fun playing alongside a strong christian community. And if not, more power to you, other players can experience swinging swords with believers!

EDIT: Also, as my overlords demand, our Event Leader would like to be able to communicate with a CC planner/leader if at all possible, for possible future cooperation and fun happenings all around. Feel free to PM me or email me at veradigm@hotmail.com. Thanks! :D
word count: 123

twinlights7
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: twinlights7

Post by twinlights7 » August 15th, 2012, 11:56 am

Applicable members please vote here once. You can vote multiple times, but that defeats the purpose and is generally not useful.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/emb ... djZ6a1E6MQ

Thanks.
word count: 28
†<CC>< Risk

Micah 7:7 - But as for me, I watch in hope for the LORD, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me.

Stormsworder
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: stormsworder59

Post by Stormsworder » August 15th, 2012, 12:22 pm

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game ... going.html

Warning for language of course.

After having THIS thread found, my alliance is going to be talking very carefully on Friday about what server we're going to now. I think we've made ourselves a prime target for trolls because of this now. So, I'll let you know what my whole alliance decides before I vote. Honestly, if we're going to have people going after us already on that server as trolls? We'd have to choose carefully.
Last edited by Stormsworder on August 15th, 2012, 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 89

Nacho Cheese
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: NachoCheese

Post by Nacho Cheese » August 15th, 2012, 12:40 pm

My coworkers are going to be on Sorrow's Furnace. That's where my vote is. Plus, oh dear, why would oxbaker make that post. Unless he's a troll trying to target us. Whatever.

SF.
word count: 36

Stormsworder
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: stormsworder59

Post by Stormsworder » August 15th, 2012, 12:45 pm

Sorrow's Furnace is likely going to be too full to even get into since it's one of those huge servers. The group also needs a backup plan for that VERY LIKELY occurance.
word count: 34

Kunkali
CC Member
CC Member

Post by Kunkali » August 15th, 2012, 1:31 pm

who is oxbaker?
word count: 3
“Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.” - Francis Chan, Crazy Love

Kunkali
CC Member
CC Member

Post by Kunkali » August 15th, 2012, 1:41 pm

trolls are going to come regardless of which server you choose...i say choose the server you want to be on regardless as it really won't matter in the end once people find out what the "christian server" is. It's just apart of the whole mmorpg thing. Can't be avoided.
word count: 53
“Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.” - Francis Chan, Crazy Love

Stc95

Post by Stc95 » August 15th, 2012, 6:56 pm

Aye, as Kunkali said, trolls will be trolls. No matter if you're here or there. And while the subject has actually come up very little during my talks with all the guilds, I had originally thought of that. Like most players, Christian or otherwise, I do not want to play a game to get harassed, and announcing that we'll be on Rall is much like an invitation to just that. However, as Christians we've been told that we're going to have it rough.

2 Timothy 3:12 - In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted..

But does that mean we should let fear dictate our actions? I, when I was making the decision to attempt to get all the Christian guilds together, refused to let fear influence my decision making. If we, as Christians, are afraid, and refuse to do things because of fear, are playing into the hands of the Enemy. While we've been guaranteed persecution, we've also been guaranteed blessings and protection.

Deuteronomy 30:7 - The LORD your God will put all these curses on your enemies who hate and persecute you.
2 Corinthians 4:9 - ...persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.

Furthermore, there is strength in numbers. Throughout the Bible we have always been commanded to gather and fellowship. Adam had Eve. Israel had her tribes. Jesus had His Apostles. Jesus commanded the Apostles to go out in pairs. We have each other. We are promised good things when we gather.

Matthew 18:20 - For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.

I can't make your decision for you, and I know there's a lot to consider, but I ask that you not make your decision out of fear. I can tell you that already we have seen the fruits of our labor. We have been a talking with the Sanctum of Rall community on Facebook and the SoR website and have been welcomed with open arms and plenty of encouragement. I've played against them in WvW and got easily thrashed. And we already have a rough estimate of over 150+ Christians together on that server, and we'll all very much looking forward to seeing you guys there as well.

With many blessings
-Stc
word count: 394

PunT
Steam Profile: puntftw

Post by PunT » August 15th, 2012, 7:19 pm

Kunkali wrote:who is oxbaker?

Lamer.

Sorrows Furnace.. is my first choice.Or where ever we seem to drift to.. whatever.
word count: 21
Lucifer was so beautiful, I wonder what really happened that day! You corrupted your wisdom for the sake of your splendor, All to have it stripped away!

YOU ARE THE GOD OF NOTHING!

AttolloDeus
Steam Profile: AttolloDeus

Post by AttolloDeus » August 17th, 2012, 12:36 am

Sorrow's Furnace is where I'm leaning as most of the people I know are leaning there as well. It might end up filling up so I'm open to alternatives. Sounds like most people will be guesting and alt-guilding anyway so a lot of this is trivial.

FYI - There is not going to be a "CC Sponsored Guild" in this game unless it's more of a secondary guild for listing players and keeping in touch if needed... but there are friends lists for that. There are so many different guild and server preferences in the community that there will probably be a strong presence between Sanctum and Sorrow, but there is no CC-ordained special-guild for members-only :)

FYI (2) - For those of you with the Google Docs spreadsheet, that is not for a specific guild. Also, the guild Romans is doing is not the "official CC" guild, although some CC members are joining up.
word count: 160