Dragon's Speedarts!

DragonStar Gaming
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: DragonStarGaming

Dragon's Speedarts!

Post by DragonStar Gaming » December 11th, 2016, 1:00 pm

Alright! Here it is! My first speedart! Hope you guys like it!

P.S. Neo, if you're watching it and have any questions about how I created the logo (since you're trying to learn the program) just ask away! :)

https://youtu.be/1svf-bITtrM
word count: 46

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Re: Dragon's Speedarts!

Post by NeoJabez » December 11th, 2016, 2:30 pm

Not too shabby!

It seems to make a bit more sense watching someone skilled do it, heh. And I like how Illustrator apparently lets you play with the proportions of things, like fluid pen tools almost, but I'm so stuck on Photoshop, I will definitely be stepping out of my comfort zone to use Illustrator.

I'll give it a shot, but I just designed a graphic myself last night and this morning, and its the kind of thing most people would probably do in Illustrator, and again, I did it in PS. I recorded it, so I'll have a speed video for you shortly.

Anyway, guess I should maybe look at some Illustrator tutorials and try it out. Are you comfortable with Photoshop at all, Dragonstar?
word count: 129
If serving is below you, leadership is beyond you. - Anonymous

Coram Deo, Soli Deo Gloria

DragonStar Gaming
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: DragonStarGaming

Re: Dragon's Speedarts!

Post by DragonStar Gaming » December 11th, 2016, 3:07 pm

NeoJabez wrote:Not too shabby!

It seems to make a bit more sense watching someone skilled do it, heh. And I like how Illustrator apparently lets you play with the proportions of things, like fluid pen tools almost, but I'm so stuck on Photoshop, I will definitely be stepping out of my comfort zone to use Illustrator.

I'll give it a shot, but I just designed a graphic myself last night and this morning, and its the kind of thing most people would probably do in Illustrator, and again, I did it in PS. I recorded it, so I'll have a speed video for you shortly.

Anyway, guess I should maybe look at some Illustrator tutorials and try it out. Are you comfortable with Photoshop at all, Dragonstar?

I would say I'm comfortable with it. I mostly use it to touch up photos and cut photos out. If you remember the Rocket Cars parody movie cover I made, that involved a TON of PS work. Also a lot of InDesign for the layout.

I don't make a whole lot of graphics from scratch in Photoshop though. Most of the graphics I design is possible through Illustrator. Although, I would like to get into digital art/electronic painting, and I know a lot of people use Photoshop for that. I'll probably teach myself that eventually.
word count: 230