Beginner Photoshop Tutorials, What would you want to learn?

GingerAvenger
Council Advisor
Council Advisor
Steam Profile: ccGingerAvenger
Origin Profile: ccGingerAvenger
Battle.net Profile: GingerAvenge#1819

Re: Beginner Photoshop Tutorials, What would you want to learn?

Post by GingerAvenger » January 17th, 2017, 7:22 pm

*bows*

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
word count: 8

NightKnight
Steam Profile: STEAM_0:1:28508200

Post by NightKnight » February 15th, 2017, 9:48 pm

what is the time frame for when the tutorials begin?
word count: 10
Faith is the assurance of things hoped for and the conviction of things not seen

NightKnight

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Post by NeoJabez » February 15th, 2017, 9:56 pm

Actually. here you go:

viewtopic.php?f=119&t=22251

First video tutorial is on Layers.
word count: 16
If serving is below you, leadership is beyond you. - Anonymous

Coram Deo, Soli Deo Gloria

NightKnight

Post by NightKnight » February 18th, 2017, 10:23 am

Great tutorial...I'm just learning Photoshop CC. Its a bit overwhelming software to use....it also confirmed... its time for me to upgrade my PC
word count: 26
Faith is the assurance of things hoped for and the conviction of things not seen

NightKnight

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Post by NeoJabez » February 18th, 2017, 2:39 pm

If you have ANY specific questions, please let me know, I will address them in a tutorial if you like!

I got my computer back from the shop last night, so I can pump out tutorials again now. If I don't get any requests, I'll probably continue on the same path and continue talking about layers.

Was the tut clear? As a beginner, was I leaving you in the dust, or were you able to follow, even if you had to press pause for minute and find a tool or something like that?

I want these tuts to slowly take a beginner into an intermediate user, if possible, so I want to make sure I'm not glossing over something really fast, or forgetting that beginners don't know about a certain tool, step, or concept.

Glad you liked the first one!
word count: 144

NightKnight

Post by NightKnight » February 18th, 2017, 3:05 pm

NeoJabez wrote: Was the tut clear? As a beginner, was I leaving you in the dust, or were you able to follow, even if you had to press pause for minute and find a tool or something like that?

Glad you liked the first one!
It was very clear, since I was able to follow along, though I do need to upgrade my computer, but that neither here nor there, as far as the tutorial it was a great start. Keep going and absolutely I'll be sending questions and topics along the way. As a beginner I dont know what I should be "asking". Thanks for putting the time into this.
word count: 112

NightKnight

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Post by NeoJabez » February 18th, 2017, 4:13 pm

Absolutely! I've always been a little more technical and a little less artistic when it comes to things like Photoshop, so I 'figure' things out because I'll come up with some idea I haven't seen other people do, every once in a while.

That, and actually MAKING tutorials taught me a lot. Every time I've ever made a tutorial, it forced me to really look at what tools can do, (not just what I already knew they could do), and I learn a lot just from that.

I'm trying to decide what to do next, because there are more things you can do with layers, and all that, and I can talk more about isolating or rendering subjects from the background, tools like the content-aware fills, and so on, but honestly, I'm not sure yet what it should be about.
word count: 147

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Post by NeoJabez » February 20th, 2017, 3:33 am

It looks more and more likely I'll discuss cutting or 'rendering' people and objects from backgrounds, something I touched on in the first tutorial, using the color range selections and the Magic Background Eraser.

Also, I'm thinking I might do a little more with layers, maybe go more and more advanced with them, since there's so many functions that layers serve, and many great uses besides what I showed in the first one.

Knight, are you thinking of upgrading your video card most? I just wonder what your main physical bottleneck for Photoshop is right now...CPU? RAM? Video?
word count: 102

NightKnight

Post by NightKnight » February 22nd, 2017, 6:33 pm

NeoJabez wrote:I

Knight, are you thinking of upgrading your video card most? I just wonder what your main physical bottleneck for Photoshop is right now...CPU? RAM? Video?
Well it will be a new build all together. I have updated the video card 2 times, however the rest of the build is older than 6 years. So either way I need to upgrade to a new rig, not just for Photoshop but for the games that require upper high end processors. I truly believe the ram and cpu are contributiing to the hangups. So maybe its time to just build another PC.
word count: 103

NightKnight