Prayer for strength and rest

Share your prayer requests, praise reports, or your testimonies here!
DynamiteTiger
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: DynamiteTiger
Origin Profile: DynamiteTiger
UPlay Player: DynamiteTiger

Prayer for strength and rest

Post by DynamiteTiger » June 7th, 2018, 4:17 pm

Sorry to all for being a little absent as of late. A colleague of mine has sustained an injury and I've been working twice as many hours as I normally do. On top of that, I'm working on a paid commission, corporate branding project that is taking up all my spare time. I've had very little time to just chill and play.

I hope to be back to normal at least for a week, starting new week. Just depends if my colleague gets back to work. He's scheduled for holidays the last 2 weeks of the month and I already agreed to work those for him before this injury occurred. So I might be stuck working 60 hour weeks on top of other responsibilities until the end of the month.

Meanwhile the bill collectors are calling several times a day and my wife has been out of work for about 8 months now. I'm grateful for the extra hours at work and the paid art work on the side but the stress doesn't subside. I'm doing my best to keep my eyes on Jesus and put my trust in Him. Please keep me in prayer for strength and good rest when I can get it.
word count: 212
* For whosoever will save his life shall lose it, and whosoever
will lose his life for My sake shall find it. Matthew 16:25 *

AlloTalon
Steam Profile: AlloTalon

Re: Prayer for strength and rest

Post by AlloTalon » June 8th, 2018, 2:22 am

God has got your back! Your priorities come first. You've had a great impact on this community for over a year now and still growing strong. I recommend Gratitude breathing when your stressed. This is a technique I recently learned a few weeks back. When doing this technique I find that it greatly reduces stress.

1. Quickly take several deep breaths and forcefully blow out the air releasing any tension in your body.

2. Then slowly take a deep breath for a count of six.

3. As you breathe, focus on your heart in the center of your chest and imagine that your heart is taking in the oxygen. Actually feel your heart expanding as you take in the deep breathe for a count of six.

4. As you take the breath into your heart, think of someone or something you're grateful for. In your mind, say "I am grateful for [Insert what it is you're thankful for here]."

5. Holding the gratitude thought in your mind, breathe out for a count of six, and as you do, imagine the gratitude flowing out from your heart into your whole body.

Gratitude breathe until you've calmed down.

Hope this can help you DT, I'll be praying for you. :)
word count: 212

Proverbs 12:10 "Whoever is righteous has regard for the life of his beast, but the mercy of the wicked is cruel."

Grizz Gallant
Ark: SE Division Leader
Ark: SE Division Leader
Steam Profile: †<CC>< Grizz Gallant
Origin Profile: GrizzGallant
Battle.net Profile: GrizzGallant#1761

Re: Prayer for strength and rest

Post by Grizz Gallant » June 8th, 2018, 7:40 am

No reasonable person would hold anything against you because you had to prioritize real life over the guild. So don’t worry about that. I will pray for you.
word count: 29