Hello all you graphic designers

Noctis
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: ccNoctis

Hello all you graphic designers

Post by Noctis » January 20th, 2016, 5:41 pm

I would love a good avatar/sig for my profile. I am a photographer in my "real" life and have enjoyed the work of local designers in my area who've helped me establish my brand. I'd love to treat my CC profile/gaming tags as an extension of my faith/gaming brand as well. I don't know how this thread works, so how do we go about requesting/working on new sigs/avatars?
word count: 76
"As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend."
Proverbs 27:17 NLT

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Re: Hello all you graphic designers

Post by NeoJabez » January 20th, 2016, 5:44 pm

Basically you just request the basic idea of what you're looking for...

Do you want a character sig? What game/movie/television/anime, superhero? What are your preferred colors?

Or would you prefer a design sig, that showcases artistic sensibilities rather than character ones?

Someone will let you know if they're working on it, and when they are finished. :)

What camera if you don't mind me asking?

I have a Canon T1i.
word count: 75
If serving is below you, leadership is beyond you. - Anonymous

Coram Deo, Soli Deo Gloria

Noctis
CC Member
CC Member

Post by Noctis » January 20th, 2016, 5:50 pm

NeoJabez wrote:Basically you just request the basic idea of what you're looking for...

Do you want a character sig? What game/movie/television/anime, superhero? What are your preferred colors?

Or would you prefer a design sig, that showcases artistic sensibilities rather than character ones?

Someone will let you know if they're working on it, and when they are finished. :)

What camera if you don't mind me asking?

I have a Canon T1i.

Currently using the Canon 5d Mk II. Used one in the past. Moved to Olympus OMD. Back to Canon now, lol.

As far as sigs: Design would suit me more. I'll leave a link to my website in case anyone would like to see my current designer's work. I prefer a cleaner, minimalist/masculine aesthetic. The Gotham/Ostrich Sans fonts have been favorites of mine. I'm not big into swirls or trendy designs (prefer the timeless look). If someone wants to include game/movie influences, I'd have to say: Zelda, Batman, Last of Us would describe me currently. Colors: I've preferred black since I was a kid. Gold and Blue are my accent colors for my photography brand, if that helps any, but again, I prefer simple and clean. My blog has a post regarding the branding process my designer and I went through, if anyone cares to use that as any sort of starting point.

I'm not an expert in this, so I apologize for such a vague starting point.
Last edited by Noctis on February 9th, 2017, 1:31 pm, edited 2 times in total. word count: 254

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Post by NeoJabez » January 20th, 2016, 6:07 pm

Sounds good to me.

I'll check it all out, and if I can't find inspiration for some reason (I hardly expect that to be a problem), I'll either make you one or throw out some great thoughts for others.

More than likely I can do it, just give me a few days to ruminate and test ideas. :)
word count: 60

Noctis
CC Member
CC Member

Post by Noctis » January 20th, 2016, 6:09 pm

NeoJabez wrote:Sounds good to me.

I'll check it all out, and if I can't find inspiration for some reason (I hardly expect that to be a problem), I'll either make you one or throw out some great thoughts for others.

More than likely I can do it, just give me a few days to ruminate and test idea. :)

No problem, thanks!
word count: 65

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Post by NeoJabez » January 21st, 2016, 11:50 pm

I'm working on something so minimalist, it might not be a sig or avatar, but more of a logo extension. heh

I'll try and pretty it up with a sig-like shape or something...Anyway, point is...I am actively working on something for you.
word count: 46

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Post by NeoJabez » January 22nd, 2016, 12:44 am

Spoiler! :

Signature:
Spoiler! :

Signature: (First Draft)
Spoiler! :

Still minimalist, still not on a 'signature background', but I thought you might like this...If you prefer the first draft style, with just the white, I could avatar that up, just giving you choices. I changed the first draft because I had the KW logo in the lens, and thought it might play better right about where the EOS logo goes instead. heh

Or tell me to go in a whole different direction, up to you. I even had one variation where there was a lens flare right where a flash would be on the camera shape. I had variations where suns, flares, and light leaks were behind and inside the letters, (clipping masks, if you're familiar with them), and so on. So, what I'm saying is, I had so many ideas, I stopped to see if you even like the direction I was going. LOL
word count: 156

Noctis
CC Member
CC Member

Post by Noctis » January 22nd, 2016, 1:36 pm

NeoJabez wrote:Avatar:So, what I'm saying is, I had so many ideas, I stopped to see if you even like the direction I was going. LOL

I am loving the direction you are going! You came up with some ideas I wouldn't have considered. I really appreciate how you've tied in my photography to my gamer tag. My current favorite is the last image, but I wouldn't hesitate to see more. This is a great start!
word count: 80

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Post by NeoJabez » January 22nd, 2016, 4:34 pm

I'll see if I can't do some more here shortly, but I've had repeated problems with my Adobe software lately, we'll see if I can get it running again soon. (I'm getting really tired of reinstalling and deleting preference files, and on and on.)
word count: 49

Noctis
CC Member
CC Member

Post by Noctis » January 22nd, 2016, 7:44 pm

NeoJabez wrote:I'll see if I can't do some more here shortly, but I've had repeated problems with my Adobe software lately, we'll see if I can get it running again soon. (I'm getting really tired of reinstalling and deleting preference files, and on and on.)

Which version are you using and on what hardware?
word count: 60