Create a Logo?

Eliter
CC Member
CC Member

Create a Logo?

Post by Eliter » July 9th, 2017, 8:25 pm

I am not sure if this is the correct topic to put this in. Would someone mind moving this to a more appropriate area if it has another place it would fit better?

So, I was wondering if someone were willing to create a logo for ImagineCrafting.com in SVG format? It doesn't have to be crazy, it's just that I don't really know how to make words in Inkscape (a vector art thingy) yet. I need something other than the word "Absolution" to be on my forum, and right now it'd be easiest to swap out the default logo file with another one, so I don't have to go in and change HTML/CSS etc..

I'm not looking for anything crazy at all. Just something simple, readable, and in SVG format. Preferably, the logo not have ".com" in it. I can't really pay anyone to do it, but I'd be very thankful of it! I could post an announcement (on my site) to give credit if you would like. Also, I would need to assume that I have legal rights to use, display, and modify the image if I need to.

Thank you so much!
word count: 204
~Eliter
Jesus wrote:father forgive them they know not what they do.

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Re: Create a Logo?

Post by NeoJabez » July 9th, 2017, 9:11 pm

Honestly, I'm not sure it has to be SVG, Eliter.

That's phpbb. What version? Are you stuck on using that theme you have? Or are you willing to try different ones?

[Moved to Art & Graphics Request Section.]

I've seen forums that use gifs, pngs, you name it. You just need to know where to change the CSS files or the "overall_header" files in order to point to your new file. Your image doesn't even have to have the same dimensions as the existing one. Unless that style/theme is written in such a way that you have no choice but to have one.
word count: 108
If serving is below you, leadership is beyond you. - Anonymous

Coram Deo, Soli Deo Gloria

Eliter
CC Member
CC Member

Post by Eliter » July 10th, 2017, 2:06 am

I have looked into creating my own style (or editting the default one from Prosilver), however there is a syntax that I am concerned about. It looks like this:

[quote=overall_header.html]
<!-- IF S_CONTENT_DIRECTION eq 'rtl' -->
<!-- ENDIF -->
[/quote]

So, I'm concerned that I would break something by tampering with the syntax. The creating/modifying your own style guide provided by phpBB suggested that I read the whole guide before doing anything. I am going to read it later, I was hoping to just swap the logo files. I prefer SVG because it uses math instead of pixels, which require more data to transfer over wire than some equations for an image. Also it's easier to modify.

Any particular style that you suggest or like? I kinda like the black style of my site so far. I chose to go with blue and green for the two colors to make certain things out stand (like links).

My phpBB version: 3.2.0
My php version: 7.0.18

No, I am not bound to keeping with the current style that I am using.

Thanks!
word count: 188
~Eliter
Jesus wrote:father forgive them they know not what they do.

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Post by NeoJabez » July 10th, 2017, 10:43 am

That code you listed is just talking about the content direction of the header being read right to left.

It only uses that statement if you are using a right to left language like Hebrew, I'm pretty sure.

What we could actually do is go into the ACTUAL overall_header.html file and change a line. But oftentimes, your graphic could be 'declared' in your CSS file, too.

Point is, we can go ahead and talk about the logo you'd like...Just keep in mind that the file DOESN"T have to be an SVG, and that optimized web graphics like PNG are more prevalent everywhere now.

By the way, you can create SVG files by going into Google Docs and drawing there...(And you can insert text), just be sure to save as SVG. https://docs.google.com

The main thing right now is....what do you want your svg design to look like? Try making something in Google Docs with text as an example maybe. Or leaving a description here of what you're looking for exactly.
word count: 181
If serving is below you, leadership is beyond you. - Anonymous

Coram Deo, Soli Deo Gloria