This is all I have to say:
word count: 7

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Re: Custom Bleached Hoodies

Post by NeoJabez » January 27th, 2015, 8:29 pm

Following with what Arctos said...

Is there a possibility you could give us some steps to how this is done correctly? When you make the stencils, how you make them into duct tape...etc. I'd really love to try this, but perhaps on a shirt rather than a hoodie.

:thup:
word count: 50
If serving is below you, leadership is beyond you. - Anonymous

Coram Deo, Soli Deo Gloria

DeadlierD
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: deadlierd

Post by DeadlierD » January 27th, 2015, 10:59 pm

I am extremely impressed. Very nice work.
word count: 7

Saeteryn
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: SwegDurgon

Post by Saeteryn » January 28th, 2015, 10:16 am

NeoJabez wrote:Following with what Arctos said...

Is there a possibility you could give us some steps to how this is done correctly? When you make the stencils, how you make them into duct tape...etc. I'd really love to try this, but perhaps on a shirt rather than a hoodie.

:thup:

So, your essentailly going to need these:

1.) Photoediting software (gimp works, but anything you can comfortably work with is fine)
2.) A strong brand of duct tape (I prefer duckbrand), if it is weak the bleach will seep under the edges and ruin the design
3.) A large cutting board
4.) An exacto knife (Mine is small, about the size of a pen with a narrow tip blade)
5.) A spray bottle with 50/50 solution of bleach and water (certain types of bleach yield different colors, I use Clorox)

To start off, find some designs you like and open them in photoshop. I would recommend making them completely 2 color (black subject, white background) and make sure i is still distinguishable as the thing you want it to be. A good place to find good bleaching art is by google imaging "[subject] minimilist." Then, in photoshop, size your design up to the dimensions you want. If it requires being printed on several pieces of paper in order to be big enough, make a huge file the dimensions of 4 sheets of paper, place your design in the center, and then divide it up into the 4 individual and print them all off.

Now the time consuming part, take the tape, and lay it out flat on a cutting board making a sheet by overlapping strips on each other.
Spoiler! :
You want to do this sticky side down, stuck to the cutting board. Then, take your printed off design, place it above the sheet of tape, and fasten it down on its corners with some tape. Now, you simply just "trace" it out with the knife, so that you cut the design out of your sheet of tape. Carefully remove it, and place it on the shirt where you want to prevent bleach form spraying.

Now, take it outside or to a place you don't mind spraying bleach, and use the spray bottle with 50/50 solution to carefully cover all over. Be careful not to put full droplets of this solution near the edge of the tape, or it will bleed under, to prevent this, spray from a distance. You want to do this in steps, as it can take some time for the bleach to show how much it has dyed the clothing. so, do a light spray, wait 10-15 min, come back and add more as desired. usually, I mist the entire shirt, to have a light sprinkle of bleach everywhere, and then go over spraying a stronger stream to make the larger dots where I want them.

Let this completely dry for a couple of hours, remove the tape, and then throw it in the washing machine by itself.

here is a tutorial to do the reverse of this, leaving the shirt uncovered and the stencil where bleach dyes the shirt.
Last edited by Saeteryn on January 28th, 2015, 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 528

GingerAvenger
Council Member
Council Member
Steam Profile: ccGingerAvenger
Origin Profile: ccGingerAvenger
Battle.net Profile: GingerAvenge#1819

Post by GingerAvenger » January 28th, 2015, 10:34 am

I'm with cappiman!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
word count: 8

roastbeefbandit
Steam Profile: roastbeefbandit
Formerly Known As: Lord of Akron

Post by roastbeefbandit » January 28th, 2015, 1:02 pm

Nice work! I really like the texture on the back of the hunger games hoodie.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
word count: 19
"Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another." 1 John 4:11

Image <--If you do too, add this to your signature!

Aaronander
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: Aaronander
Origin Profile: Aaronanders
Battle.net Profile: Aaronander

Post by Aaronander » January 29th, 2015, 11:15 pm

A <CC>< hoodie would be awesome!
these are great, man!
word count: 10
"Smuggler is such a small word. I'm more of a...galactic entrepreneur." Lando Calrissian

ShaddaShk
Event Coordinator
Event Coordinator
Steam Profile: ShaddaShk

Post by ShaddaShk » January 31st, 2015, 4:21 pm

Saeteryn wrote:of times what people want done cannot be accomplished exactly the way they envision it, so they want an even lower price.
Lots of people really don't appreciate hands on work. :rolleyes: Dude, those are very cool especially given the work you put into them. I'd say keep doing them cause you like to do em, not for $$$.
word count: 61
"We've just put a hit on the man that just got married." ~Winged
"Get a Sunder and run people over. That always makes you happy." ~Kes

Mizzkryzz
CC Member
CC Member

Post by Mizzkryzz » January 31st, 2015, 6:12 pm

Wow those are awesome! I am especially a fan of the hunger games one :biggrin:
word count: 14