Writing a story.

Zidane
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: Zidane
Battle.net Profile: Zidane

Writing a story.

Post by Zidane » August 13th, 2016, 9:39 pm

I would like for some help on my writing project. I'm trying to write about a teenage girl that goes through problems that we can face in the world. I told some people about it, but I really need a lot of help with my project, because I really want to write it. The problems she goes through are abortion, abusive, adoption, dating, death, depression, divorced parents, drinking, friendships, relationships, bullies, orphan, rape, suffering, suicide, pregnancy, and cancer. She goes through a lot of it. I can be able to tell you more on teamspeak so if you are interested in helping a drama/romance novel then help me. It be awesome if y'all really can.
word count: 118

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Re: Writing a story.

Post by NeoJabez » August 13th, 2016, 11:46 pm

How could someone help you write? I'm not quite understanding what you need.

Only you can really tell your story, so what kind of help do you need? Someone to edit it after you write it?

No one is going to write it for you.
word count: 46
If serving is below you, leadership is beyond you. - Anonymous

Coram Deo, Soli Deo Gloria

krinh
Steam Profile: krinh

Re: RE: Writing a story.

Post by krinh » August 14th, 2016, 1:30 am

Zidane wrote:I would like for some help on my writing project. I'm trying to write about a teenage girl that goes through problems that we can face in the world. I told some people about it, but I really need a lot of help with my project, because I really want to write it. The problems she goes through are abortion, abusive, adoption, dating, death, depression, divorced parents, drinking, friendships, relationships, bullies, orphan, rape, suffering, suicide, pregnancy, and cancer. She goes through a lot of it. I can be able to tell you more on teamspeak so if you are interested in helping a drama/romance novel then help me. It be awesome if y'all really can.

one of my favorite books [mostly cause I can relate to certain things the character goes through] is "Loose Girl: A Memoir of Promiscuity" might wanna check it out for research and insight?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk
word count: 161

krinh
Steam Profile: krinh

Re: RE: Re: Writing a story.

Post by krinh » August 14th, 2016, 1:34 am

NeoJabez wrote:How could someone help you write? I'm not quite understanding what you need.

Only you can really tell your story, so what kind of help do you need? Someone to edit it after you write it?

No one is going to write it for you.

it's always super helpful to get someone to discuss and bounce ideas off of. getting an outside second opinion is rly important when creating anything. cause they may see an obvious issue that u dont see, or give u an opinion/insight into something you are not familiar with, but it's in your project...
....-shrugs- least that's ma opinion XD I could b worng

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk
word count: 123

GingerAvenger
Council Advisor
Council Advisor
Steam Profile: ccGingerAvenger
Origin Profile: ccGingerAvenger
Battle.net Profile: GingerAvenge#1819

Post by GingerAvenger » August 14th, 2016, 7:52 am

Zidane,

While I love that you want to delve into your creativity and write - I have some heartfelt problems with your subject matter. I do not think you can adequately convey the emotional weight of this subject matter since you are neither female nor have you experienced these things as a female. I am also concerned at the hurt it would cause those who have experienced these things in our community and the potential animosity that could result when you profit from some of the worst pain a woman can endure (real or imagined character). Having experienced a few of these, I can tell you that does not make for a romance novel and will certainly hurt those in this community who have experienced this and more. Teenagers (and adults) in this community endure enough without you profiting from their real life hardships.

I do encourage you to write about a trials that perhaps a man may face or a male focused story that wouldn't necessarily lead to inappropriate material and hurt of the fabulous women around you. I am certain you can be creative without being hurtful. :)

Try an adventure or exploration story maybe? Those are great fun to read and have a much wider audience.
word count: 208

Zidane
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: Zidane
Battle.net Profile: Zidane

Post by Zidane » August 14th, 2016, 2:13 pm

I'm going to scratch out some ideas/problems that I listed, and make into a guy. Neo, I'm not trying to make anyone write this. I want someone to edit, and possible be a brainstorm buddy. Ginger, I don't want hurt anyone so I'm going to change it to a guy so it can be better. I still have ideas from the Destiny girl i want to write about to make into a male person, and goes through less problems.So if anyone interested, please come on teamspeak to talk. :)
word count: 94

tk3soj
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: 0:1:38195806

Post by tk3soj » September 6th, 2016, 10:47 pm

Things on my mind about this:
You have to be a reader to be a writer (or not), if only to get ideas.
I guess get an image of a complete character and then start trying to develop situations that lead him to become the final character...
Too many issues? Try a multiple books?
Just start writing...

Read pilgrim's progress. (guy wasn't a writer, but wrote a book) :)
word count: 70
<><

Coffee4Life

Post by Coffee4Life » September 20th, 2016, 6:23 pm

Okay, so I love to write and am working on a book of my own. Let me see if I can help :)

*Reads story ideas...*

:o So... You want to write about a teenage girl who has an abortion, gets bullied, feels suicidal, ends up having cancer, becomes pregnant, dies, gets raped, and is depressed? I feel like the order is a little messed up here... And now the pregnant girl is a dude?? ...Is this an autobiography?
word count: 77
If you ever want to feel intelligent just go online.

tk3soj
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: 0:1:38195806

Post by tk3soj » October 3rd, 2016, 8:55 pm

actually that summary is very accurate of current culture. :P
word count: 9
<><

MJCaboose

Post by MJCaboose » October 3rd, 2016, 9:04 pm

word count: 0
US > China. NEVER forget Pearl Harbor. Today is the 100th year anniversary of the day china nuked pearl harbor. Never forget. RIP.