Dragon's Design Work!

DragonStar Gaming
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: DragonStarGaming

Dragon's Design Work!

Post by DragonStar Gaming » November 26th, 2016, 8:08 pm

This is my thread for posting all my design work! Enjoy!
If you would like to contact me to design something for you, please PM me or email me!

Here's some work to start off with:

Rocket Cars Movie Mashup:
Spoiler! :

Rocket Cars Logo:
Spoiler! :

Current DragonStar Gaming Logo:
Spoiler! :

Previous DragonStar Gaming Logo:
Spoiler! :

Halloween DragonStar Logo:
Spoiler! :

YouTube Banner/Outro for NeatMike:
Spoiler! :

Logo for ZikkityZak:
Spoiler! :

"The Friendship of Fonts" (Typography artwork?):
Spoiler! :

More to come!
word count: 80

Michael Fedora
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: MikeFed
Origin Profile: MichaelFedorai
UPlay Player: MichaelFedora
Battle.net Profile: MikeFed#1151

Re: Dragon's Design Work!

Post by Michael Fedora » November 26th, 2016, 8:57 pm

Nice! Top one in "friendship of the fonts" is really hard to read, but otherwise you're pretty good :D Keep up the good work
word count: 24
[quote="Arca Jeth (SW Legends)"]"The enemy has found me, Ulic, but the enemy knows only darkness. I know something that enemy does not… I know the Light."[/quote]
On the Kingdom

"I didn't even know we had an army!" ~ Hunter, UK

DragonStar Gaming
CC Member
CC Member

Post by DragonStar Gaming » November 26th, 2016, 10:36 pm

Michael Fedora wrote:Nice! Top one in "friendship of the fonts" is really hard to read, but otherwise you're pretty good :D Keep up the good work

Yeah, I know. It looks better when it's printed out, which is all that matters. Thanks for the compliment, tho!
word count: 47

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Post by NeoJabez » November 27th, 2016, 12:42 am

DragonStar, would you say you spend more time in Photoshop or Illustrator, or about equal time?

I ask because I can do all sorts of awesome stuff in Photoshop, but have never really used Illustrator much, don't know why. (I use After Effects and Premiere almost constantly like Photoshop, but I guess having to learn a whole new drawing program throws me off?)

Anyway...I like your logos sort of minimalist mixed with shiny Web 2.0 sort of feel. I don't know if you've ever gotten into streaming, but since you're a video guy...I'll go ahead and ask...Have you ever recorded yourself making something like the Rocket Cars graphics? And then sped the recording up to like 1500 to 2000% for YouTube? Those kinds of 'speed work' videos are fun to watch, so...just wondering!

An example from when I made a CC Twitch Overlay:

By the way, my personal youtube is a shambles...I got one copyright strike for music in a promo I did for someone, and so I had to remove all the coolest stuff that I had in there. (It all had commercial music that nobody every complained about, because I never tried to monetize...but I got rid of any video that had copyrighted music JUST TO BE SAFE). As a result, this might be the coolest video I have left in there, lol. My best remaining stuff is probably on the CC YouTube...(You can find playlists in the Resource Section of this website.)

If you *DO* use Illustrator pretty well, would you consider making a newbie tutorial?
word count: 272
If serving is below you, leadership is beyond you. - Anonymous

Coram Deo, Soli Deo Gloria

DragonStar Gaming
CC Member
CC Member

Post by DragonStar Gaming » November 27th, 2016, 11:27 am

NeoJabez wrote:DragonStar, would you say you spend more time in Photoshop or Illustrator, or about equal time?

I ask because I can do all sorts of awesome stuff in Photoshop, but have never really used Illustrator much, don't know why. (I use After Effects and Premiere almost constantly like Photoshop, but I guess having to learn a whole new drawing program throws me off?)

I spend most of my time in Illustrator. Photoshop is great for doing a lot of effects and photo touch up, but when making logos, 2D YouTube banners, or anything that is going to be simple or illustrated (hence then name of the program), Illustrator is the way to go. Illustrator is also handy since it works with vector images whereas Photoshop deals with raster images (Raster vs. Vector).

NeoJabez wrote:Anyway...I like your logos sort of minimalist mixed with shiny Web 2.0 sort of feel. I don't know if you've ever gotten into streaming, but since you're a video guy...I'll go ahead and ask...Have you ever recorded yourself making something like the Rocket Cars graphics? And then sped the recording up to like 1500 to 2000% for YouTube? Those kinds of 'speed work' videos are fun to watch, so...just wondering!

Unfortunately, the programs I use are on school computers (cause I can't pay $50 a month), so it would be a little difficult to record tutorials and speed arts. I can see if the Macs at school have a screen recorder, but as for recording tutorials... I might be able to do that with my school laptop at home, but the frame rate wouldn't be good. I'll be sure to start making videos when I have the equipment to do so, though.

NeoJabez wrote:By the way, my personal youtube is a shambles...I got one copyright strike for music in a promo I did for someone, and so I had to remove all the coolest stuff that I had in there.

I recommend this channel for you: NoCopyrightSounds

Thanks for the questions, Neo! Hope to hear back from you!
word count: 358

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Post by NeoJabez » November 27th, 2016, 6:09 pm

Oh, I'm well aware of the differences between rastor and vector, etc...I guess the reasons I've never actually gotten into Illustrator are:

1. I'd actually have to draw.
  2. I'd have to learn a mostly entirely new set of tools.
  3. I make pretty much everything, including logotyping, inside Photoshop. (I just make it HUUUUGE.)

As far as YouTube, yeah...I don't need no copyright stuff now because I'm far enough up the Creator ladder, I can use their free sounds, too...

But most of my early stuff was for some local clients I had that really liked certain music, and I must have had those videos there for at least a few years. (In some cases more than five years.) when one of them was finally given a copyright strike. (By the people who manage the song, not the record company, not the band, but the people who manage the song.) Anyway, most of those videos were created in such a way that they synced to the music, so replacing the music would destroy half the video's purpose. I might re-record a few of them with different music in the future, we'll have to see.

I guess I had better start up Illustrator and get past that "I have no idea what I'm doing" phase just like I went through with AE, Premiere, and PS. heh
word count: 235

Cal-Hobbes
Steam Profile: Cal-Hobbes
Battle.net Profile: CalHobbes#1941

Post by Cal-Hobbes » November 28th, 2016, 10:36 am

I got a good laugh out of the "Rocket Cars" one :biggrin:

Nice work man!
word count: 14

DragonStar Gaming
CC Member
CC Member

Post by DragonStar Gaming » November 28th, 2016, 11:27 am

Cal-Hobbes wrote:I got a good laugh out of the "Rocket Cars" one :biggrin:

Nice work man!

Thanks! I spent a lot of time working on that one! Turned out pretty good. Now if only Psyonix would turn it into a real movie... Lol
word count: 44

DragonStar Gaming
CC Member
CC Member

Post by DragonStar Gaming » December 5th, 2016, 6:15 pm

NeoJabez wrote:Have you ever recorded yourself making something like the Rocket Cars graphics? And then sped the recording up to like 1500 to 2000% for YouTube? Those kinds of 'speed work' videos are fun to watch, so...just wondering!

Found a way to record my screen on the Mac at school! Speedart vids coming soon!
word count: 56

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Post by NeoJabez » December 6th, 2016, 12:16 am

Excellent! Can't wait to see one!
word count: 7