Season 3 Builds!

Discuss Diablo III or request to join our in-game clan here.
ScooterJoh
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: STEAM_0:0:8810265

Season 3 Builds!

Post by ScooterJoh » April 20th, 2015, 9:58 am

Hey all! What build are you using? Post your builds here. If you're following a specific build, link a guide or video, or if you're going your own way, post your skills, gears etc!

Would love to see people's ideas and thoughts on different classes and builds etc.
word count: 51

ScooterJoh
CC Member
CC Member

Monk Build

Post by ScooterJoh » April 20th, 2015, 10:03 am

So for me, I'm planning on trying out this build:(WARNING: Some language)

It's been dubbed the "god" monk. It's a crazy speed monk.

Once I get that down for a while I'll probably play a few different setups and builds, but I REALLY want to try this out if I can get the gear and setup etc!

If I can get it up and running, I'd love to use to to help speed level people and what not.

My personal gameplay thought at present is in each season I want to focus on a class I haven't played before (yes I haven't played them all believe it or not). Starting WAY back during the D3 closed Beta (man were those days different and gameplay SO different than now) I started playing a Witch Doctor. I played that up through Season 1. Although did also have a Barb, I didn't play him too much.

Season 2 I did Wizard and loved it. I wish the season would have been longer.

So monk for season 3 and not sure what I'll do next!
word count: 191

bluefire579
Steam Profile: bluefire579

Re: Season 3 Builds!

Post by bluefire579 » May 1st, 2015, 11:18 pm

Did DH last season and completed the Marauder's Set. Working on a Witch Doctor this season. Currently trying to crack a lvl 30 rift.
word count: 25

Slyweasle777
CC Member
CC Member

Post by Slyweasle777 » May 5th, 2015, 5:16 pm

Hi Scooter , as you know I been working on Wiz for S3 and DH but recently to dump some dex gear off I created a Monk and really like the character . In the video you posted about the "godly speed monk" with incredible speed I watched it for a few minutes and since I'm deaf was wondering if you could go in a little bit of detail as to what gear , set-pieces , gems, skills, weapons ,etc this person used to create that character for me please? Now I know Kadala has been fussy lately with shard to set-gear ratio and it seems without a clan gathering party of 4 on a T6 run it's more harder to get set-gear in S3 (well gear related to your character) than in S2 (imho) . I know we all would like Ancient gear with all-powerful Int-Dex-Vit-Resists-Crits, etc and a Weapon that strikes fear into even Uber Diablo to make the game easy as pie but Blizzard has other ideas about that :D So how far were you able to get on your Uber Speed Monk ? and thanks so much for having me on CC !!
word count: 199

ScooterJoh
CC Member
CC Member

Post by ScooterJoh » May 5th, 2015, 5:52 pm

Quin69 is good about posting his builds and keeping them updated on DiabloFans.

Here's the Link:

godMonk: http://www.diablofans.com/builds/53902- ... 6-god-monk

He also has the Dashing Strike monk, which is similar, but a bit different. This build will get you to higher Greater Rifts:
http://www.diablofans.com/builds/53770- ... trike-monk
word count: 57

ScooterJoh
CC Member
CC Member

Post by ScooterJoh » May 7th, 2015, 7:48 am

Well, I got the last piece of the Raiment set and swapped over... Didn't go well.

Apparently I need to better optimize my gear for Critical hit Damage, need some max Emeralds for my weapons, better bracers etc.

Need to push my crit damage up as high as I can and then give it ago again.

Also I Need restraint from the Focus/Restraint set... that'll push the damage higher. Once I do that I think it'll fly, but for now I believe I need to keep up with the Inna/Sunwuko build that uses Exploding Palm. At least I can run in T6 with that.

Guess I'm still looking! :-)
word count: 114