Why can't I get them together?

Discuss Diablo III or request to join our in-game clan here.
Final Asgard
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: FinalAsgard

Why can't I get them together?

Post by Final Asgard » June 11th, 2015, 11:42 am

So, I have been spending my shards trying to get the rest of the FireBird set for my non-season wizard. All week I have been spending thousands of shards trying to get the shoulder piece. Nothing.

Then last night, I jump on my new Season 3 wizard, and first try at shoulders, what do I get? The FireBird set piece.... Dang. So now to decide what to do on my non-season, keep trying for shoulder or something else? :P
word count: 80
Ravi Zacharias wrote:The biggest battle you will face in life is your daily appointment with God. Keep it or every other battle will get bigger
Eternal Truth Ministry
Xbox=EternalVerita

Thorfinn
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: Thorfinn

Re: Why can't I get them together?

Post by Thorfinn » June 12th, 2015, 9:12 am

i had the hardest time with the shoulders for my wastes set on my barbarian. Kadala is the worst person ever, she hardly gives anything good. just keep trying man, you will get it eventually.
word count: 35

ScooterJoh
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: STEAM_0:0:8810265

Post by ScooterJoh » June 12th, 2015, 9:22 am

Yeah it's frustrating. At one point I need the Focus/Restraint ring set. I got a billion focus.... but no restraint. On my other characters I have lots, but not on my season guy!

Just seems some people have better luck getting a certain item. I find it usually cooresponds to how much they need/want it. For example, last season a friend of mine just got the RoS expansion. So me and a few others helped him get through Act 5 so he could get into Adventure Mode. We helped him do the bounties for the first time in Act 1. I had done like a billion bounties already and had not yet gotten ANY RoRG.... so on his FIRST set of bounties.... he pops a RoRG... and I was like... WOW!!!! He was like... oh... is that any good????

So..... if you REALLY want/need something.... be prepared to have the game read your mind and laugh at you, while it purposefully refuses to give you want you are looking for!

Another example... last season I REALLY wanted an Ancient Furnace for my wizzy build. I got a few regular ones, which helped, but by the time the season ended I did not have one and I could only solo up to Torment 4 or 5.

This season.... I don't need a furnace at all. It's not part of the build I was working toward... so one day a RG goes down and out pops a 2 handed hammer... I was like... oh look, a furnace.... ID it... BOOM ANCIENT FURNACE... I was like... REALLY???? When I don't need this at all it drops.... Just wow.....

:-) That's "RNG" as they say... I think "RNG" is really just code for... ha ha we found a way to write software so it reads your mind and tortures you for countless hours.
word count: 316

Final Asgard
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: FinalAsgard

Post by Final Asgard » June 12th, 2015, 10:43 am

ScooterJoh wrote::-) That's "RNG" as they say... I think "RNG" is really just code for... ha ha we found a way to write software so it reads your mind and tortures you for countless hours.

I think we're on to something. Time to start coming up with a hypothesis and start gathering data. :D

The Tal Rasha set, which I don't use for my build at all, I have almost every piece. All sitting in my stash. :P But Firebird... that set is taking forever to gather.

I'm going to throw my TR set on my new wizard once Season 3 ends.
word count: 104
Ravi Zacharias wrote:The biggest battle you will face in life is your daily appointment with God. Keep it or every other battle will get bigger
Eternal Truth Ministry
Xbox=EternalVerita