DayZ - A Diary of Survival

Discuss DayZ (stand alone) here.
oxygencube

DayZ - A Diary of Survival

Post by oxygencube » January 13th, 2014, 1:21 pm

My buddy (Crosser) and I had high level gear. We normally play together but this weekend I HAD to play DayZ. I texted him telling him I was just gonna go to the next town an loot. I was on my way to a small town in the north east and saw a few warehouses in a field. I figured there wouldn't be anybody there so I headed over. I was cautiously exploring trying to find a pristine scope for my mosin. I came across one of those big red metal warehouses and figured I would climb up to take in a picturesque view. As I stopped half way up the ladder and the audio of my feet on the ladder continued to play. I thought to myself, "They gotta get this audio fixed!". I get to the top of the building and start walking forward, "There goes the audio again.." I then wonder, "Maybe there really is somebody behind me." I turn around to see two medium level guys with fire axes raised. My veins are flooded with adrenaline. The closest guy swings his ax and misses. Hands shaking, I swing around my mosin and fire a shot, "Surely I hit him". They both swing again and I am hit. Blood pours out of my side as I stumble to get another shot off. "They are too close, I need my ax!" I try to switch to my ax and get hit twice more. I then glitch off the rafters and fall to the first floor. As I am falling I know I am dead. I hit but don't die. I realize I can make a run for it! I take a few steps. "You are dead."
Dang. All these KOS players are ruining my hope in meeting any civilized DayZ players.

I love this game.
Last edited by oxygencube on January 15th, 2014, 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 309

DeadlierD
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: deadlierd

Re: My latest death in DayZ

Post by DeadlierD » January 13th, 2014, 3:06 pm

Sounds like a fun game! :P

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
word count: 9

roastbeefbandit
Steam Profile: roastbeefbandit
Formerly Known As: Lord of Akron

Post by roastbeefbandit » January 13th, 2014, 5:11 pm

I got axed last night. It went like this:

Spawned on the beach, started running north. I was looking for a friend, and thought they were running towards me, but it was a zombie: initiate evasive maneuvers.

Within 10 seconds, I ran directly into a second zombie. Skirted him and kept running. Seeing a large industrial area surrounded in a concrete fence with lots of little buildings and places to break line of sight, I ran in. Ran into two more zombies, that is. Now with four zombies in my direct vacinity, no weapons, water, or other resource, I spot a ladder and wonder in desperation if zombies can climb ladders. I decide it is my best (only) option, as I'm breathing heavily and have blurry vision. I climb the ladder. I turn around and see the zombies standing hopelessly on the ground below and am elated, I can rest. I turn back around and see another survivor is on the roof. But this survivor is armed, with an ax and a M4. I say hi, and hope that my friendliness and obvious lack of resources will ward off the attack I know is coming. He stands still for a moment, then draws his ax and rushes me. I strake left and dodge him, punching him in the side as he passes and run around a small structure in the middle of the roof. There is a ladder on the side he is on, but I ran straight around, as he follows, I dash back and go up, hoping he thinks I went down. I move to the far side of the second level and wait. After a while he realizes where I am and climbs the ladder. At first he just peeks over the ledge. There I am, like a deer in the headlights, staring at him, cornered. In desperation, I wonder if he can swing his ax while on the ladder, and reason that now is my best chance to strike back. He has ducked back down at this point and I rush to the edge just in time to see his little gher head peek up, right into my fists of fury. I hit him several time, and to my did!way, he strikes back with the ax. He hits me twice and I decide to run for it and jump down from the second story to the first, where the harbinger of death decends, with bloodlust in his eyes, and delivers the final blow as I scramble for the ledge, my lifeless corpse falling to the waiting zombies feet.

I'm hooked!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
word count: 441
"Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another." 1 John 4:11

Image <--If you do too, add this to your signature!

Crosser
Steam Profile: crosser222

Post by Crosser » January 13th, 2014, 5:35 pm

Great stories and both were well told! :)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
word count: 11
I look at the world from a different angle;
People change; even Satan used to be an angel..

Aaronander
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: Aaronander
Origin Profile: Aaronanders
Battle.net Profile: Aaronander

Post by Aaronander » January 13th, 2014, 6:17 pm

Thinking about picking this game up to play with my brother in law. I think I'm almost convinced.
word count: 19

AttolloDeus
Steam Profile: AttolloDeus

Post by AttolloDeus » January 14th, 2014, 1:27 am

It would be amazing to have a group of CC people playing this together! I'm not sure if I'll drop $30 for it, but I'll keep an eye out.
word count: 32

oxygencube

Post by oxygencube » January 14th, 2014, 10:27 am

A couple thoughts on DayZ.

I have never played a video game like this before. It is in a league of it's own. Most rpg/fps games give you one of these two types of game play. Either you respawn 20+ times an hour with all your gear like BF4 or you respawn with less gold, health and some random loot missing. In DayZ, when you are dead, you are dead. You respawn with nothing. This combined with the complete absence of a HUD, minimal GUI and beautifully large world map, make the pvp and pve encounters more realistic than any game I have played. Each life, lasting 5 min to 40 hrs is truly a unique and unforgettable story. What other game compels you to write a three paragraph story explaining your adventures and death?

This game is in alpha. There are many bugs, glitches, unbalanced loot spawns, and other problems but none of them keep this alpha from being amazing. They have released many patches and keep the community well informed. The devs have said that main mechanics and core gameplay are their focus right now and will add new content after stability and security are locked down. The road map laid out for this game includes, hunting, custom forts, vehicles, cooking and gardening along with many other gameplay elements. They might even include beard growth to show length of life! :)

Is this game just another quick two month fad? It might be. Will this game have staying power over the course of a year or two? Maybe not. Has this game introduced me to revolutionary gameplay and a wildy immersive world where you might meet a stranger loaded with military gear who gives your some rice and a bottle of water to start out and the next minute you get beat to death with a baseball bat by a new spawn who wants your gun holster? Yes.

This might be a fad you don't want to miss. :wub:

7:30 EST tonight Romans, Crossy, Risk and I will be playing. We are just north of Electro so try to meet there if you wanna group up.
Last edited by oxygencube on January 14th, 2014, 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 360

oxygencube

Post by oxygencube » January 14th, 2014, 10:33 am

roastbeefbandit wrote:I got axed last night. It went like this...

Nice story bro! I appreciate your courage and guts to come at that dude with fists. Keep 'em coming.
word count: 30

GameSofter
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: GameSofter

Post by GameSofter » January 14th, 2014, 11:35 am

oxygencube wrote:A couple thoughts on DayZ.

I have never played a video game like this before. It is in a league of it's own. Most rpg/fps games give you one of these two types of game play. Either you respawn 20+ times an hour with all your gear like BF4 or you respawn with less gold, health and some random loot missing. In DayZ, when you are dead, you are dead. You respawn with nothing. This combined with the complete absence of a HUD, minimal GUI and beautifully large world map, make the pvp and pve encounters more realistic than any game I have played. Each life, lasting 5 min to 40 hrs is truly a unique and unforgettable story. What other game compels you to write a three paragraph story explaining your adventures and death?

This game is in alpha. There are many bugs, glitches, unbalanced loot spawns, and other problems but none of them keep this alpha from being amazing. They have release many patches and keep the community well informed. The devs have said that main mechanics and core gameplay are their focus right now and will add new content after stability and security are locked down. The road map laid out for this game includes, hunting, custom forts, vehicles, cooking and gardening along with many other gameplay elements. They might even include beard growth to show length of life! :)

Is this game just another quick two month fad? It might be. Will this game have staying power over the course of a year or two? Maybe not. Has this game introduced me to revolutionary gameplay and a wildy immersive world where you might meet a stranger loaded with military gear who gives your some rice and a bottle of water to start you out and the next minute you get beat to death with a baseball bat by a new spawn who wants your gun holster.

This might be a fad you don't want to miss. :wub:

7:30 EST tonight Romans, Crossy, Risk and I will be playing. We are just north of Electro so try to meet there if you wanna group up.

You could review games for a living! That was awesome.
word count: 372
"When in doubt, read my post again with Sarcasm everywhere."

I Make Noises On My Computer: https://soundcloud.com/forwardnotion

I Make Videos Too: https://www.youtube.com/user/GameSofter

Troy
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: mastertruett
Formerly Known As: DeadlierD

Post by Troy » January 14th, 2014, 11:50 am

This makes me want to buy the game and join you guys.
word count: 12
Love God First, Love Others Second, and Love Elite Somewhere down the line.