Aaronander
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: Aaronander
Origin Profile: Aaronanders
Battle.net Profile: Aaronander

Re: DayZ - A Diary of Survival

Post by Aaronander » January 16th, 2014, 11:39 pm

So one of my coolest friends ever purchased this game for me as an early birthday present. You know who you are, and you are awesome.

Here's how my first life went.

I woke by the coast near a fresh water pond. I spent the next 15-20 mins trying to figure out how to drink water. I was not successful. I walked over to the town nearby to get my bearings and then decided to head off northwest to meet up with the group.
After walking for awhile I came on another town. By this point I was thirsty and hungry. Going through the houses, I found a motorcycle helmet and a a screwdriver. Geared up, I searched the other houses. Also found a "fresh kiwi" and proceeded to eat it. Bad idea. It was....not 'fresh'. I began to get sick.
I went from house to house to house trying to find anything I could eat or drink. All I found was a fire extinguisher. As I left the house I heard the groan of a zombie. I panicked and pulled up my extinguisher. After about 3 minutes I figured out the combat controls and beat the zombie with the extinguisher. Everything is now black and white. I helplessly search more houses only to find a wrench. I decide to take my chances and head for an open field. Maybe a pond...maybe food...maybe.....

POWER LINES. I run and follow and follow and follow. I climb up a small hill and there is a farm. I might make it. I start on my way down the hill and while holding a wrench and wearing a bike helmet...I took my last breath. Feet away from a farm and possible salvation.
word count: 294

oxygencube

Post by oxygencube » January 17th, 2014, 12:12 am

Sweet man. Sounds a lot like my first life.

Find fountains in towns for water. Hit 'F' to drink.

Never eat rotten food. Keep the screwdriver so you can open canned food. It's not as good as a can opener, cause you will spill some food, but it's better than nothing. Welcome to DayZ, happy surviving.
word count: 58

Aaronander
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: Aaronander
Origin Profile: Aaronanders
Battle.net Profile: Aaronander

Post by Aaronander » January 17th, 2014, 8:32 am

Yeah the "Fresh Kiwi" threw me off and I forgot to inspect it before eating.
word count: 15

roastbeefbandit
Steam Profile: roastbeefbandit
Formerly Known As: Lord of Akron

Post by roastbeefbandit » January 17th, 2014, 8:50 am

Last night I was looting a town and found a nice, but slightly smaller backpack. I wanted to see if you could put a bag in a bag and get some extra slots. Didn't work out so I kept looting. When I finished, I started heading north for the last waypoint I had for the location of Agent Orange. As I was running, I thought it would be a good time to check my inventory so I would know what I needed next time I stopped to loot. Much to my horror, I realized that I had accidently left my large pack with most of my supplies behind, almost an hour ago, in one of the dozens of buildings I had looted. The thought of loosing all of the things I had in that bag was as panacked as I've ever felt while playing a video game. Luckily, I found the bag after a brief search of the town, narrowly avoiding a disasterouse loss.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
word count: 170
"Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another." 1 John 4:11

Image <--If you do too, add this to your signature!

oxygencube

Post by oxygencube » January 17th, 2014, 1:38 pm

Yea, this game has a tendency to make you fear death and loss of gear like no other game.
I should try to leave updates as to where Agent Orange is at when we log off.

For those of you who don't know, we have formed a DayZ group called Agent Orange . As of now we don't have a focus, goal or vision other than being a group that sticks together for survival and friendship. We require you to wear an orange rain coat and add our tag to your name ( '@' eg. @oxy ) so that we can tell the difference between us and them. The last time we logged off we were here:

http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus#6.028.083

Just south of Pustoshka. There were 4 of us. If you'd like you can try to meet up with us.

Also, there is a patch upcoming that should be live next Friday. Check out the details over on the official DayZ forums but it includes berry picking, new shotgun, hacksaw, loot balancing, a new town and other features... See it here: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/165709-pending-changelog-experimental-branch-031114343/#entry1677908

Stay alive folks.
word count: 201

roastbeefbandit
Steam Profile: roastbeefbandit
Formerly Known As: Lord of Akron

Post by roastbeefbandit » January 17th, 2014, 2:43 pm

Hives!?!?! :ninja:

[ Post made via Android ] Image
word count: 5
"Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another." 1 John 4:11

Image <--If you do too, add this to your signature!

oxygencube

Post by oxygencube » January 18th, 2014, 6:01 pm

Ok, @getnt@range now has a steam group. Add me on steam and tell me you wanna be in our group and I will invite you so we will know who is playing. It will also allow us to have a forum/board where we can discuss plans and ideas. I think most of us are within 10 min of the NW airfield as of now. If you roll solo, make sure you stay alive until the next meet up.
word count: 80

foxrock66
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: ccpvolpe

Post by foxrock66 » January 20th, 2014, 7:02 pm

Aight. I'm hopefully going to have Windows up and running by next week then I'll try and hook up with you guys. The more I watch of this and Rust the more interested I get
word count: 37

GameSofter
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: GameSofter

Post by GameSofter » January 21st, 2014, 4:54 pm

I'll probably be hopping on with you guys next month(When I get payed again) So be on the lookout for the flash out of the corner of your eye...
word count: 31
"When in doubt, read my post again with Sarcasm everywhere."

I Make Noises On My Computer: https://soundcloud.com/forwardnotion

I Make Videos Too: https://www.youtube.com/user/GameSofter

oxygencube

Post by oxygencube » January 27th, 2014, 12:37 pm

My first video entry. Enjoy :)

[youtube]http://youtu.be/va3IUr0qc8s[/youtube]
word count: 11