Discuss Insurgency here. DL: ?
Robzor The Walrus
ACC Member
ACC Member
Steam Profile: iamrobzor
Battle.net Profile: IAmRobzor

Controller Support

Post by Robzor The Walrus » February 12th, 2015, 8:12 pm

Do any of you use a controller (such as a 360 controller) and have a config file? I'm working on setting one up, but I'm having to test what each setting does so it's been taking a while.

I'll probably post my config file when I finish it for anyone else to use if they want, maybe I'll end up saving somebody a bit of time.
word count: 71

DeadlierD
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: deadlierd

Re: Controller Support

Post by DeadlierD » February 12th, 2015, 11:08 pm

Since it's a Source engine game, the controls are probably similar to CS. Have you tried using a CS config file as a base?
word count: 25

Robzor The Walrus
ACC Member
ACC Member

Post by Robzor The Walrus » February 15th, 2015, 10:01 pm

I haven't really bothered with that. It has partial controller support, but it's not all that great. I've been trying to just use the default controller.cfg file. For the most part, I have everything mapped how I want, but the sensitivity of the thumbsticks are the problem. The issue with getting it to work is the time it's taking me to test the changes I make.
DeadlierD wrote:Since it's a Source engine game, the controls are probably similar to CS. Have you tried using a CS config file as a base?
word count: 98

Imagine Wagons
Steam Profile: STEAM_0:1:32234823

Post by Imagine Wagons » February 18th, 2015, 3:55 pm

Did you try to change the sensitivity on the config file if it has one? I helped out one of my friends which we used to mod together, in fact we were working on a source engine racer at the time, but the project kinda got nowhere as we were both busy with college.
word count: 54

Robzor The Walrus
ACC Member
ACC Member

Post by Robzor The Walrus » February 18th, 2015, 10:33 pm

cappiman wrote:Did you try to change the sensitivity on the config file if it has one? I helped out one of my friends which we used to mod together, in fact we were working on a source engine racer at the time, but the project kinda got nowhere as we were both busy with college.

That's pretty much the only issue at this point. I've got all the important keys mapped; I just can't get the sensitivity right. I've been trying to tune the sensitivity, but I haven't had that much time to test it and play, there's a big project in history to finish. I'll probably be using in in combination with a keypad for a few things that aren't quite as important to quick gameplay.

I also found a work around for a few things by using a program assigning keys to my controller.
word count: 155

Imagine Wagons
Steam Profile: STEAM_0:1:32234823

Post by Imagine Wagons » February 21st, 2015, 8:46 pm

Robzor The Walrus wrote:That's pretty much the only issue at this point. I've got all the important keys mapped; I just can't get the sensitivity right. I've been trying to tune the sensitivity, but I haven't had that much time to test it and play, there's a big project in history to finish. I'll probably be using in in combination with a keypad for a few things that aren't quite as important to quick gameplay.

I also found a work around for a few things by using a program assigning keys to my controller.

What controller are you using? If it happens to be a ps3 controller then yes it is easy to do so, however the lean configuration wouldn't be able to be mapped if I am correct because of the button space.
word count: 144