Going on the offensive against the Thargoids (again)

Discuss Elite: Dangerous here.
Ongurth
Council Advisor
Council Advisor
Steam Profile: ongurth
Location: doing fun and exciting things, such as praying, writing, shooting, or Krav Maga

Going on the offensive against the Thargoids (again)

Post by Ongurth » January 11th, 2018, 1:08 pm

https://community.elitedangerous.com/en/communitygoals
In a move that has come as a surprise to many, the Empire and Federation have announced a joint initiative to counter Thargoid activity in the HIP 17692 system.

The two-pronged operation will seek to reduce the Thargoid presence in the region, and to recover personal effects, data and people from Thargoid attack sites in HIP 17692.

The Merope Expeditionary Fleet has been authorised to oversee the combat operation, while The Pleiades Resource Enterprise has been charged with coordinating the rescue initiative. Pilots who support these campaigns will be eligible for substantial rewards.

Following the announcement, Admiral Denton Patreus released the following statement:

“Starports throughout the Pleiades have been attacked. Thousands of lives have been lost. And we have failed to deliver an effective response. That changes now.”

“This is your chance to deliver a message to our enemies – to tell them that we will not yield and we will not break. We will fight!”

The campaign begins on the 11th of January 3304 and will run for one week. If the final target is met earlier than planned, the campaign will end immediately.
Let's do this! A CC wing has already killed one Thargoid, this weekend, we kill more. I will be around Friday evening and Sunday evening if anyone wants to wing up and go bug hunting again. Let's get some payback for The Oracle and Hundson Observatory. There have been reports of Thargoids entering the bubble as well. That ends this weekend.

For those who haven't done this before, the big danger is the little thargons (suicide drones). The best tactic against them currently is to fly backwards and shoot them with your flack cannon. Other than that, just hit the thargoid with AX missiles until the heart is exposed, then shoot the heart. The first heart is pretty easy, but then the alien freaks out. The next two hears are super tough, and it starts to slow down a bit after that.

ALWAYS DEAL WITH THE THARGONS FIRST. If you ignore them, they WILL kill you in one swarm.
word count: 353

Maverick
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: STEAM_1:1:15648643
Origin Profile: CCMaverick
Battle.net Profile: Maverick#12160
Formerly Known As: AppleJacks

Re: Going on the offensive against the Thargoids (again)

Post by Maverick » January 11th, 2018, 3:33 pm

Count me in!
word count: 3

Maverick
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: STEAM_1:1:15648643
Origin Profile: CCMaverick
Battle.net Profile: Maverick#12160
Formerly Known As: AppleJacks

Post by Maverick » January 14th, 2018, 1:36 pm

What time do we want to meet up? Last time we did 7pm CT. Does this work for people. Let me know. My anaconda is ready!
word count: 26

Ongurth
Council Advisor
Council Advisor
Steam Profile: ongurth
Location: doing fun and exciting things, such as praying, writing, shooting, or Krav Maga

Post by Ongurth » January 14th, 2018, 2:32 pm

8pm cst works for me. (7pm is book study). I’m already in Merope. :)
word count: 14

Seraphim
CC Member
CC Member

Post by Seraphim » May 18th, 2018, 5:11 pm

Its time to try this offensive again. I have OP hacks this time. Bring your 'goid slayers and I can keep you healed with healing beams (not sarcasm). SDC was using healing 2 Fer de Lances and a station was not able to kill them. Running down to get my 2 huge 6km long range beams the healing mod.
word count: 59