Streaming questions/support

Have questions about streaming or video production? Want to discuss CC's Streams or YouTube videos? Here's where the magic happens!
Hiljaa_tulee
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: † <CC>< Ɛ(H__T)3
Battle.net Profile: Hiljaatulee#2525(NA)

Re: Streaming questions/support

Postby Hiljaa_tulee » April 23rd, 2017, 8:26 pm

As I was at my lowest time of my life I used to watch twitch streamers pretty much all day long, so I can tell from personal experience how important of a medium it can be to reach out to people as a viewer and try and socialize even in the worst time of your life. A nice conversation with a devoted streamer can be to some the only touch and conversation with another human, be that as it may be only through a text chat window.

To get in touch and see the emotions and facial expressions of the person you are talking to is important. So I enjoyed reading the fact, that even if you're not comfortable in front of the webcam it's a really important part of the whole deal of streaming imo.

Looking back at that time now I wish I would've found my way to a christian streamer, who also would've prayed for me, so the prayer part sounds really good as well.

Seems you've set up things pretty nice to start with. Some things now to consider are those watching on other than a computer for example; do you want to add the chat on the stream for them and those who enjoy watching full screen as well as making the archived broadcasts more enjoyable to follow when talking with people in chat. Obviously it of course takes time as you get an audience, so it's not the first thing to look into.

What I noticed when I was basically hooked to a few twitch role-playing -streams of Arma 3 RP was, that even the smallest streamer can pretty easily start to attract audience with what Neojabez called "niche". I liked the RP and it gave whole new depths to otherwise pretty bland Arma 3 life -mods at that time. The streamer I mostly watched daily gained at least 2000+ followers and easily an average 50-200 watching a stream from nothing in under half a year and was also very dedicated in making it his career. The name of the game then was consistency. He also did giveaways of newer and older games at least twice a month, but it's a bit questionable always what's the real goal behind doing them. To him it seemed to be to get his viewer numbers up to get the Subscribe -button approved by twitch (partnership), but he was always honest about it, as well as his life.

A nice community of regulars formed as well. Neither the stream nor the chat definitely wasn't the cleanest in content, but I also wasn't saved back then, so it served it's purpose at that time which I stated before. Eventually I even started to play every now and then with the streamer as well and gradually got out of a hole I had dug myself into IRL. So from text chatting I went to talking in VOIP and then even Skyping with another regular viewer. To this day I have gratitude especially to that one streamer, his main moderator and that other regular visitor to the extent, that I've donated every now and then to the streamer, even though I don't frequent his stream anymore.

TL:DR A streamer can be even more valuable to an individual viewer, than he realizes!

And the name, I really like the two ways of reading the name Krisishuman. Or is it just me? :D

"I'm more epic in my head than in real life." - Grid21, 2017

Noctis
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: ccNoctis
Origin Profile: CC_Noctis
UPlay Player: CC_Noctis
Battle.net Profile: Noctis#12879

Re: RE: Re: Streaming questions/support

Postby Noctis » April 23rd, 2017, 8:30 pm

Hiljaa_tulee wrote:As I was at my lowest time of my life I used to watch twitch streamers pretty much all day long, so I can tell from personal experience how important of a medium it can be to reach out to people as a viewer and try and socialize even in the worst time of your life. A nice conversation with a devoted streamer can be to some the only touch and conversation with another human, be that as it may be only through a text chat window.

To get in touch and see the emotions and facial expressions of the person you are talking to is important. So I enjoyed reading the fact, that even if you're not comfortable in front of the webcam it's a really important part of the whole deal of streaming imo.

Looking back at that time now I wish I would've found my way to a christian streamer, who also would've prayed for me, so the prayer part sounds really good as well.

Seems you've set up things pretty nice to start with. Some things now to consider are those watching on other than a computer for example; do you want to add the chat on the stream for them and those who enjoy watching full screen as well as making the archived broadcasts more enjoyable to follow when talking with people in chat. Obviously it of course takes time as you get an audience, so it's not the first thing to look into.

What I noticed when I was basically hooked to a few twitch role-playing -streams of Arma 3 RP was, that even the smallest streamer can pretty easily start to attract audience with what Neojabez called &quot;niche&quot;. I liked the RP and it gave whole new depths to otherwise pretty bland Arma 3 life -mods at that time. The streamer I mostly watched daily gained at least 2000+ followers and easily an average 50-200 watching a stream from nothing in under half a year and was also very dedicated in making it his career. The name of the game then was consistency. He also did giveaways of newer and older games at least twice a month, but it's a bit questionable always what's the real goal behind doing them. To him it seemed to be to get his viewer numbers up to get the Subscribe -button approved by twitch (partnership), but he was always honest about it, as well as his life.

A nice community of regulars formed as well. Neither the stream nor the chat definitely wasn't the cleanest in content, but I also wasn't saved back then, so it served it's purpose at that time which I stated before. Eventually I even started to play every now and then with the streamer as well and gradually got out of a hole I had dug myself into IRL. So from text chatting I went to talking in VOIP and then even Skyping with another regular viewer. To this day I have gratitude especially to that one streamer, his main moderator and that other regular visitor to the extent, that I've donated every now and then to the streamer, even though I don't frequent his stream anymore.

TL:DR A streamer can be even more valuable to an individual viewer, than he realizes!

And the name, I really like the two ways of reading the name Krisishuman. Or is it just me? :D

Thanks for the feedback. As for full screen chat, I do have scenes set up during breaks for the chat to show on screen, but I haven't decided yet whether I want to do so during gameplay, as I know I personally don't like it as a viewer. Depends on what future viewers may prefer.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Return to “Visual Media Discussion”