Q and A

Have questions about streaming or video production? Want to discuss CC's Streams or YouTube videos? Here's where the magic happens!
Hudbus
Steam Profile: Hudbus101

Q and A

Post by Hudbus » April 19th, 2016, 6:55 pm

This post is functioning as a general Q and A for all of CC's streaming. If you have any questions, feel free to post them here!

To start off, the Youtube Channel. What is the plan for that?
Last edited by Hudbus on September 29th, 2016, 8:49 pm, edited 3 times in total. word count: 39
Be Excellent to Each Other

Check out my Blog: http://theikim.com/

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Re: April Q and A

Post by NeoJabez » May 5th, 2016, 3:02 am

Sorry, I didn't see this until today!

At the moment, the YouTube channel has quite a bit of stuff on it...Including old member slideshows, some bible studies and meetings, etc. But also some more recent stuff. (Someone had a lot of fun putting up TF2 stuff for a while.)

Lately, stuff that has been streamed in CC's Twitch is making it's way into our Youtube as well. I check what stuff is before exporting to youtube, because sometimes it's something that's 5 minutes long, and literally is just "broadcast about to begin" type stuff.

Lately we've had some Youtube exports that had Assassin's Creed Syndicate, Heroes of the Storm, Rocket League, and much more.

Other than that, there really is no 'set plan' for the youtube, other than:

a) It will feature a lot of streaming stuff from now on.
b) obviously it will still be available if CC Promos/Videos are made, or anything similar, or Christian videos our members make, etc.
c) it might be used soon for video tutorials and ACE stuff like that as well, ACE might do it's own channel, hard to say this early.

Anyway, CC's Youtube is a VERIFIED account, this means, among many other things, that we aren't limited to 15 minute videos. It also means we need to do everything in our power to remain a channel in good standing so we need to be careful to stay within the operating rules of youtube.

Other than that, I'm open to suggestions...is there some way we could be using it that we're currently missing? Any suggestions on other types of content we could be putting together for the channel?

The Twitch channel is SLOWLY seeing more use. I've been trying to use it almost nightly lately, but I've had some relatives in town and about to have my mom's birthday tomorrow, so it could be the weekend before I'm streaming again...

Let's keep this thing going...just because we will be revealing a new CC, a new branding, new colors, etc, is no excuse to not stream, or come up with things that will make the stream better.
word count: 375
If serving is below you, leadership is beyond you. - Anonymous

Coram Deo, Soli Deo Gloria