Streaming Issue

Have questions about streaming or video production? Want to discuss CC's Streams or YouTube videos? Here's where the magic happens!
NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Streaming Issue

Post by NeoJabez » May 24th, 2016, 9:25 pm

So, I'll be streaming pretty well, at least an hour, no problems...

I'll decide I've had enough, and come out of game to find my OBS scene has switched to the "Loading Broadcast" scene from my game capture scene.

I don't have the scene switcher plugin turned on, nor hotkeys. So, I have no idea what to edit or change to keep OBS from doing this. I streamed an hour and two minutes tonight, the last twelve minutes were all loading screen, but with game sound effects still being recorded.

Any ideas/help?
word count: 97
If serving is below you, leadership is beyond you. - Anonymous

Coram Deo, Soli Deo Gloria

Hudbus
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: Hudbus101

Re: Streaming Issue

Post by Hudbus » May 26th, 2016, 12:08 pm

Yeah, I had this same issue while I was running a test stream with Samuraid.

Although, it was like that for nearly 20 minutes.
word count: 24
Be Excellent to Each Other

Check out my Blog: http://theikim.com/

Samuraid
CC Member
CC Member

Post by Samuraid » May 26th, 2016, 4:53 pm

Very strange. I've never had this issue before (and I've never used scene switcher either).

Hotkeys would be the first thing to check, although Neo, you already checked that, so I'm not sure.

Are you able to place OBS on a second screen and keep an eye out for when it switches?

Or better yet, if you can get the problem to happen with any regularity, maybe you can overlay a window capture of the OBS program on a test stream so you can watch the stream archives to see exactly when OBS switches scenes and try to determine exactly what circumstances cause the switch.
word count: 108
:ninja:

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Post by NeoJabez » May 26th, 2016, 5:23 pm

There's an idea. Honestly, if the CC channel really starts picking up, I might hook up a second screen, if for no other reason than to monitor that and chat. I'll miss chats when I'm playing stuff for a long time without checking. What I wish OBS would do is add something XSplit has...They have a chat overlay like Steam has...No matter what you're playing, XSplit can pop in and let you know when someone is chatting with you. It's program based, rather than channel based, and it's not with Broadcaster, but is in GameCaster, but still...
word count: 105
If serving is below you, leadership is beyond you. - Anonymous

Coram Deo, Soli Deo Gloria