[Fishsticks] Update Thread & Changelog Reference

Programming, Servers, Hardware, Software, Tech Talk!
SkyeRangerDelta
Council Member
Council Member
Steam Profile: pldynEOL
Origin Profile: SkyeRangerDelta
UPlay Player: SkyeRangerDelta
Battle.net Profile: SkyeRanger#1967
Formerly Known As: End of Line

[Fishsticks] Update Thread & Changelog Reference

Post by SkyeRangerDelta » April 15th, 2018, 11:36 pm

Hi there,
So those of you that are in here will likely get more interest out of it than anyone else so here is where I put it. This is going to be where I post the statistics and informational bits on updates, changelogs, crash reports, and other things related to Fishsticks, the official CC Discord bot.

Real quick links:
Fishsticks GitHub
Fishsticks Project Trello (Available to members on invite only)

General info:
This thread will start with Fishsticks' most recent version, which at the time of posting this is V1.7.3.1. All updates and whatnot will be posted here whenever a new change is made. The thread is locked so that user posts dont interfere with the reading style of the updates and changelogs. It's a reference, not a discussion thread.

Updates/Reports will be made as posts to this thread.

Questions/Concerns, please relay them to me via Steam Message, Discord DM, or a forum message here.

V1.7.3.1
  • Report System Patch: deleting report messages for Staff review instead of deleting the confirmation message that the report was submitted.
word count: 186
"Shoot him! Now please!"

SkyeRangerDelta
Council Member
Council Member

Re: [Fishsticks] Update Thread & Changelog Reference

Post by SkyeRangerDelta » August 10th, 2018, 2:12 am

Greetings all,

CCG Community members will be pleased to know that Fishsticks has been updated today with two updates. V1.14.14 is the biggest and spouts some most requested features. V1.14.21 adds in some features that were requested by staff and an aesthetics overhaul on top of the previous update.

V1.14.14

Music Player Changes
Playlist Compatibility: YouTube playlist links can be used in place of normal video links. Fishsticks will recursively add each playlist video into the queue and then display that the entire playlist was added.
YouTube search functionality: The play command parameter requirement for a link has been lifted and now no longer needs to be a link at all. If not a link, Fishsticks will search for the phrase/terms entered on YouTube and display a list of results. The user can select from a list of 5 to play. Selected song will be pushed to the queue.
Audio stream quality changed from API preset to YouTube itag to host better sound (less lag).

V1.14.21

Aesthetic Changes (Music Player)
Most music log console output is now contained within a rich embed (fancy box with colors)
Skip
Queue: Also no longer indents on first line
New song added
New playlist added
Aesthetic Changes (Rules)
New passive command for staff use will display a non-temporary embed of CCG mission statement, rules, and helpful links to both CCG main resources and Fishsticks/Discord guides.
Newcomer DMs
Upon a new user joining the server, Fishsticks will not only assign the Newcomer role, but will also dispatch a DM to the user containing CCG rules, who staff are, and what Fishsticks is.
word count: 278
"Shoot him! Now please!"

SkyeRangerDelta
Council Member
Council Member

Post by SkyeRangerDelta » August 16th, 2018, 11:13 pm

Greetings,

Real quick updates to Fishsticks.

V1.14.22

Reconstructed play command permissions to check whether or not user is attached to CC. If user is in CC, carry out normal permissions checks. If not, check if user is “FS Authorized.” If so, run normally; if not, do nothing.
Fixed an error where search functions would still continue if the timer ran out and show extra reports. If timer runs out, simply stops the command from continuing.

V1.14.23

Added ENGM checks to CC guild permissions checks. If ENGM, stop for normal members issuers but override for staff members. Non-CC users disregard check due to selective authorization.
word count: 109
"Shoot him! Now please!"

SkyeRangerDelta
Council Member
Council Member

Post by SkyeRangerDelta » August 26th, 2018, 1:45 pm

V1.14.25

Afternoon,

Not a big update here, just a quick one to fix some bugs.

~Edited !echo a bit
~Fixed seconds length bug when determining video length in player
~Added a couple of checks to make sure the song info is valid
~Fixed a player embed
~Fixed ACC Members not being able to use !play
word count: 57
"Shoot him! Now please!"

SkyeRangerDelta
Council Member
Council Member

Post by SkyeRangerDelta » October 2nd, 2018, 11:46 pm

Greetings all,

It’s been a while since the last update so I figured I’d drop some info on the recent activity and planned systems upgrades. So, real quick, there’s been a few bug patches and passive command updates to the core code (Updates General Kenobi, Sub-Patches 1 – 5, and Smol Update.) that have added the wildly requested “hello there” passive command, and some formatting fixes for the upcoming systems upgrade.

Planned Update 15 Features:

Description: Essentially, the object of this upgrade is to give Fishsticks the power and systems to monitor itself and record session statistics. At the same time, Fishsticks will be given modular control over it’s numerous subroutines. THese subroutines control each aspect of Fishsticks from the meager ENGM system to as powerful as the entire Active command handler. On top of all of this, numerous systems will undergo optimizations to attempt to add onto Fishstick’s crash prevention routines.

Modular subroutine control
New command: !subroutine [enable/disable] [routineName] — enables or disabled a certain routine. ENGM can be toggled this way just like !engm does.
In the event that the active command subroutine is disabled, a rework has been implemented to allow certain roles (bot, TS, CM) to run an “Alpha Level Command” that has authority to re-enable the routine.

System-wide session statistics and efficiency checks
Fishsticks now calculates it’s efficiency based on the number of enabled subroutines.
The !status command reruns this diagnostic every time the command is run.
Overhauling the !status embed to show all statistics neatly.
Command statistics will be tracked to, such as the number of successful, attempted, and failed active commands and passive commands.

Systems optimizations – crash prevention routines
Essentially going to rework some of the code in a way that should stop Fishsticks from killing himself sometimes. Typically when running the music player.
Each update always comes with interesting passive command additions
We’ll see what I come up with to throw in there.
This may lead to Fishsticks becoming much more interactive.

Stay tuned for this update. No ETA at this time.

--> https://cf.pldyn.net/index.php/2018/10/ ... -15-plans/
word count: 359
"Shoot him! Now please!"

SkyeRangerDelta
Council Member
Council Member

Post by SkyeRangerDelta » October 25th, 2018, 7:44 pm

This is a long one.

Greetings all,

The last post I dropped contained the initial plans for Fishsticks' 15th update. In this post, I hope to cover some other plans that have dropped up and perhaps shed more insight on some of the other plans from the previous post.

So if you don't know what's going on so far with update 15, this update is intended to optimize and fix a lot of systems inside Fishsticks. Crash prevention stuffs were already a thing beforehand such as when the music player subroutine was introduced, but this update will try and expound upon those systems with special attention given to the music subroutine. On top of these optimizations, plans are to modularize the subroutines within Fishsticks, from simple stuff like Engineering Mode to the entire active command handler. Only staff and above have access to this system (and that may be revised) and it requires a second step in order to run anything. The goal of it is simply to make changing stuff around easier without users poking buttons that will require extra work later - plus, when future systems are added, they'll likely start off disabled and we'll simply activate them when needed.

Other plans are to compose new passive command responses and add on to those that already exist, such as the "eyup" response. The last patch release introduced "hello there" which has become quite popular and I hope to build onto this with new passive commands, some silly, some serious, whatever.

Now, with some intro out of the way, let's look at the previously discussed plans and discuss what I wish to work on.
  • Modular Subroutine Control
    • Addition of the subroutine command.
      • Syntax: !subroutine [enable/disable] [routine]
      • Function: To disable internal systems such that certain global variables are not tinkered with during maintenance. Also will allow staff to control capabilities during events.
    • The active command handler can be disabled this way; command access is restricted and also requires a second step in the event someone is tinkering around.
  • System-wide Session Statistics and Efficiency
    • Revamp of the status command.
      • Syntax: !status
      • Function: Displays menu of Fishsticks variables and statistics from commands to errors and more. Now displays system efficiency based on number of subroutines running.
    • Status will rerun the evaluation of efficiency every time the command is run. Session efficiency is gauged on the number of subroutines running. ENGM is left out of the base efficiency calculation (when off and everything else is on, returns 100%). This may be added onto by removing the MATB subroutine as well.
  • Systems Optimizations & Reworks
    • Subroutines checks for subroutine enabled. If not, commands are not executed.
    • Internal code reworks to the music player. Numerous systems in here are cluttered including the entirety of the MATB routine. Channels and permissions checks will also be reworked. Copyright systems have been neglected since the inclusion of the search function for YouTube. Here's a synopsis thus far of the planned changes:
      • Fix for Fishsticks disconnecting from a music channel immediately after joining.
        • Believed to be a copyright issue. Unsure, code cleaning should reveal.
      • Fix the copyright message return. Fishsticks suddenly stopped issuing copyright messages on certain unplayable videos.
      • MATB check reworks, users shouldn't need to disable MATB in order to play a song with the word "you" in it.
      • Console logs will now be outputted to the #fishsticks-system-log channel (includes the exclusion of message checking there.)
      • Global variable integration, status will report logged variables such as commands attempted, music player catches logged, songs played, etc.
      • File read/write system optimization, export to separate import for utilization for future subroutine states.
      • *More on this to come*
  • Addition of Vouch
    • Members can execute !vouch [userTag] to add a vote to a user. Once the user being vouched for has 2 (or whatever is decided) votes, the member has the Recognized role attached and the Newcomer role removed.
  • New Passive Commands (inputs accepted in any case)
    • fire phasers will be reworked to accept fire phasers or fire torpedoes with a respective GIF.
    • i have the high ground - GIF
    • engage – GIF and response
    • troll – Football.
    • fly you fools - GIF
    • the meaning of life – 42 and IMG
    • the meaning of the universe – 42 and IMG
    • 42 – Response and IMG
    • the meaning of everything – Response and IMG
    • holy hand grenade – quote response and IMG (Or GIF)
    • inconceivable - GIF
    • ni - GIF
    • grenade - GIF
    • flesh wound - GIF
    • clearance - Response
    • surely – I am serious, and don’t call my Shirley.
    • Shwarz – may dah shwartz be wid you.
    • dark helmet – I am your fathers brothers nephews cousins former roommate.
    • ludicrous speed – GIF
  • Planned foundation for a !bible [book] [chapter] [verse] (version) where the command will search an online resource for the specified bible verse and display it in the channel where the command was executed.
    • This is something I wish to implement. Sometime.
  • Polling System. This one has been in the works for a while.
    • !poll [numberOfOptions] [pollOption1] …
    • Wherein
      • numberOfOptions is the number of poll responses to allow up to 9
      • And each consecutive statement ending with; is a response.
    • Reponses will be posted via emoji response. System should be complex enough to tabulate if a user voted more than once.
  • Soundcloud integration. JUST DO IT. It’s been in the request thread for a while. Might as well do something amazing.
    • I have no idea how I’m going to do this, but as an intelligent being, I shall figure it out.
That should be everything. I guess we'll see if we can get everything in. The last 3 systems may not make it in, but then again, I never set deadlines on development projects so that I don't have pressure to get something done if I don't feel it's right.

That's all for this post.

--> https://cf.pldyn.net/index.php/2018/10/ ... -plans-ii/
word count: 983
"Shoot him! Now please!"

SkyeRangerDelta
Council Member
Council Member

Post by SkyeRangerDelta » December 2nd, 2018, 5:35 pm

--NOTE: This is going to look really, like, really bad, but I'm not retyping all this - at least right now. You want the fancy version? Click the link at the bottom of the page - it's the development blog post that this came from.

Ah, the long awaited Update 15.

Going to be frank here, Update 15 wasn't supposed to be out this soon, but I moved to halt and push some planned changes to the next update - either as a patch or potentially as a part of Update 16. I'm going to jump straight into it and look at what I pushed back.

!bible. This command was being looked forward to - I know. The way the API I'm working with is handled, JavaScript has made this fairly difficult. Setting up a range of verses to print out has become a bit of an unscratchable itch in the back of my mind. The update plans did say foundation - which has actually been finished, it's there.
!play. This one was supposed to receive a giant amount of optimization and logic changes. That...I wont go into it right now...just gonna say it's been pushed.
MATB "You" bug. This technically hasn't been fixed. The whole filter is meant to stop a targeted artist from playing. The change here that was made was that the subroutine will start disabled instead of enabled. This will reduce the amount of needing it turned off significantly.
Global variable logging: Most of these made it in, stuff like song history, and number played have been skipped.
Soundcloud Integration: Yeah, that's probably going to be most of Update 16 alongside the finalization of !bible.

Now, onward to the actual changelog; what did I actually get finished. I'm going to take this straight off the GitHub commit description and then compare it to the Update 15 plans from the previous post. This should give you a good idea of what got done and what other changes occurred.

Update 1.15.00

Global system logging: the entire bot will now display all available console output to a console channel in Discord. This is all console output except those I may have forgotten and any that cannot be logged due to pre-initialization of the Discord interface. System logging is handled by inter-command functions that make use of a "level" system. Each console output ranges from 1-4 in severity/importance.
All commands that print to console have been updated with the system logging feature.
Innumerable changes have been made across the bot concerning load optimization and efficiency. This is comprised of removed unused package loads, removed unused code, and various logic changes.
The !rocketleague command has been removed.
Due to the removal of the Rocket League role from Discord, all pertaining commands that make references to it have been updated: !divisions, !echo, !roles, !help (more below), and !channels.
The !help command has been modularized in terms of embeds. Now instead of one giant embed of information, the command sections have been broken into their own embed which is printed in the same stack order as the original command. This also includes the addition of a music player command list.
Removed the !musicplayerhelp command.
Updated !play, !volume, !queue, !skip, and !stop to use a new configuration file.
Changed all command requirements made to the channels configuration to work with a new optimized configuration.
Added new commands:
!vouch [@user]: Allows permitted users to vouch for a user with no roles. Once two vouches are accrued, the vouched for user is automatically granted the Recognized role.
@user: a mention of the user to vouch for.
!subroutine [state] [routine]: Allows staff and up to configure the state of a subroutine to on or off. This allows the complete disablement of various Fishsticks functions such as the Twitch screen all the way to active commands entirely.
state: either enable or disable
routine: one of the Fishsticks subroutine IDs
!poll [-Question] [-Answer] [-Answer] <..>: Allows (A)CC Members to post an in-channel poll using emojis as responses. The system keeps a record of responders so that no person can vote more than once. Keep note of the use of hyphens before the parameters; this command is unique in that manner because parameters differentiated between by spaces are kind of hard when a question is composed of multiple words.
-Question: The question used for the poll.
-Answer: An answer to the poll. Command requires at least 2 answers up to a maximum of nine.
!bible <bookNum> [book] [chapter] [startingVerse] <endingVerse>: Allows users to print an embed to the issued channel containing a passage of RSV scripture. Disabled until finished.
bookNum: Optional - defines either the first or second book (i.e. 1 Samuel)
book: the biblical book (i.e. Genesis)
chapter: the book chapter
startingVerse: the chapter verse you wish to start at
endingVerse: Optional - the chapter verse to end the range with
Changed !status to appear more aesthetic. The window now includes global variable record of subroutines and command statistics. Subroutines are shown as either Online or Offline and includes a system efficiency calculation: based off of how many subroutines are running and enabled.
Changed the passive command good music and great music to upload the original sepWays.mp3 as Journey - Separate Ways.mp3 instead.
Added 23 new passive commands (punctuation sensitive):
the meaning of life
the meaning of the universe
the meaning of everything
the meaning of life, the universe, and everything
clearance
engage
grenade
inconceivable
ni
schwartz
surely
troll
i have the high ground
fly you fools
holy hand grenade
hand grenade
flesh wound
just a flesh wound
dark helmet
ludicrous speed
you're the worst
the duchess approves
plaid
Added all new GIFs for their respective passive commands.
Removed channels.json from the system as it's embed was no longer required.
Disabled info until optimizations are finished.
Changed !mattybmode so that it sets the new state to the subroutine master list.
Session change has moved from 588 startups to 1067.
New log.js - external script that handles the leveling of the system logging system.

Now, let's compare to what the plans actually were.

Modular Subroutine Control: Done
System-wide Session Statistics and Efficiency: Partially
Subroutine efficiency report: Done
Targeted Subroutine status: Skipped
Systems Optimizations and Reworks
Command/System Subroutine checks: Done
Music Player Optimizations:
Fix for sudden disconnections: Skipped
Copyright Message: Skipped
MATB "You" bug: Sort of...Fishsticks now starts with MATB disabled but the bug itself was not fixed.
Console Logs printed to Discord Channel: Done
Global Variable Logging: Partially
Command statistics: Done
Song history: Skipped
Songs Played: Skipped
File I/O: Done
Addition of Vouch: Done
New Passive Commands: all Done
Bible command foundation: Done
Polling System: Done
Soundcloud Integration: Skipped - Cannot be done: Looked into it and the API is locked to new applications as this time.

Now, I'd call that a success.

That's all for this update. Next updates will be for LCARS47. He needs some love. Alright, I'm gonna go take a break now.

--
https://cf.pldyn.net/index.php/2018/12/ ... -v1-15-00/
word count: 1193
"Shoot him! Now please!"