S+ Hatchery Slot Limit

Stranded alone in your skivvies, surrounded by dinosaurs, now survive! DL: Grizz Gallant
Allovore
Steam Profile: AlloClaw

S+ Hatchery Slot Limit

Postby Allovore » January 6th, 2018, 8:37 pm

As a breeder in Ark, I would like to recommend the S+ Hatchery slot setting be increased. As you know the limit for the Hatchery is limited to 50 slots. For someone like me who breeds creatures and gets mutations, 50 slots isn't enough. Everytime I log on, I find my breeding facility overflown with unclaimed dinos that are fully grown and stuck on all my pens and it's extremely annoying and a waste of perfectly good eggs that could've been good mutations. Increasing the slot limit would help both servers because if a base is overflown with unclaimed dinos, It causes lag for people loading into a base with that issue. It would also prevent clutter as well.
What do you think?

Here's the config setting for it:

[StructuresPlus]
HatcherySlotCount=(Insert number here)

Proverbs 12:10 "Whoever is righteous has regard for the life of his beast, but the mercy of the wicked is cruel."

DynamiteTiger
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: DynamiteTiger
Origin Profile: DynamiteTiger
UPlay Player: DynamiteTiger

Re: S+ Hatchery Slot Limit

Postby DynamiteTiger » January 9th, 2018, 4:01 pm

I agree with this. A 50 slot limit is really small. Especially considering how much the hatchery costs to make and fuel. It should be at least 200 if not more.
* For whosoever will save his life shall lose it, and whosoever
will lose his life for My sake shall find it. Matthew 16:25 *

Sabalanor
CC Member
CC Member
Battle.net Profile: Sabalanor#1527

Postby Sabalanor » January 10th, 2018, 1:36 pm

It doesn't matter to me one way or another. I do know that if your base isn't rendered it does keep accepting eggs. At least our hatchery on Rag does...I've come in with it full of 200+ eggs/50. We just have to empty it for it to start collecting again.

Allovore
Steam Profile: AlloClaw

Postby Allovore » January 12th, 2018, 3:53 pm

And this is what happens when the Hatchery slot is 50 by default. When you're mass breeding like me and breed for mutations and leave your dinos on wander without having to check so often, you get this.
Attachments
20180112122647_1.jpg
20180112122647_1.jpg (301.18 KiB) Viewed 289 times

Proverbs 12:10 "Whoever is righteous has regard for the life of his beast, but the mercy of the wicked is cruel."

Return to “Ark: Survival Evolved”