Abberation Map Mod Set, and Rules for Starters

Stranded alone in your skivvies, surrounded by dinosaurs, now survive! DL: Grizz Gallant
Grizz Gallant
Ark: SE Division Leader
Steam Profile: †<CC>< Grizz Gallant
Origin Profile: GrizzGallant
Battle.net Profile: GrizzGallant#1761

Abberation Map Mod Set, and Rules for Starters

Postby Grizz Gallant » November 22nd, 2017, 3:23 am

So I am thinking we will want to keep flyers out since that is kind of the point of the map. If we have flyers we won't need the gliders.

Likewise we should have no transportation mods.

We will need to pick a stacking mod post release based on which ones support it.

I would also prefer to keep the rule set the same for the two servers.

Is there anything I am missing or should consider pre-launch?

Bjorn44
Steam Profile: TheWatcher44
Battle.net Profile: TheWatcher44

Re: Abberation Map Mod Set, and Rules for Starters

Postby Bjorn44 » November 22nd, 2017, 1:42 pm

Why have any mods at all? It's a new map, new stuff to do and see without mods. Personally I wouldn't mind turning down the current rates for this server so it's not super quick and we would need the tribe to tame stuff, and we could take our time leveling etc. With new things to check out. Since there isnt any other PvP tribes id like an actual challenge on the server.
Bjorn Thorsson, Valdrheim.

DynamiteTiger
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: DynamiteTiger
Origin Profile: DynamiteTiger
UPlay Player: DynamiteTiger

Postby DynamiteTiger » November 22nd, 2017, 4:29 pm

Because there's some mods we just can't live without. While I agree a challenge it should be, we can't forget that people don't have hours upon hours to play and even the little things like prime being able to stack above 1 is really important when it comes to that time balance.
* For whosoever will save his life shall lose it, and whosoever
will lose his life for My sake shall find it. Matthew 16:25 *

DynamiteTiger
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: DynamiteTiger
Origin Profile: DynamiteTiger
UPlay Player: DynamiteTiger

Postby DynamiteTiger » November 23rd, 2017, 12:05 am

Here are my suggestions for a mod list for Abberation. There is a total of only 11 which include the 2 admin mods, Mod Version Checker and ACM. Total size of all mods combined is only 628 MB. This is more than half the size of our current mod collection for Rag which is only 1557 MB, which is a quarter of what the Crystal Isles server collection was at 6811 MB.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... 1208556942

• Structures + - A must have mod to fix vanilla building mechanics
  • Platforms Plus - with the new wall platforms coming with Abb. these structures will be used more often
  • Eco Garden Decor - subtle lighting, multiple fence options, and other decor
  • Eco In Wonderland - includes colourful mushrooms, crystals, and more which will fit the theme of Abb.
  • StackMeMore (The NEW version) - from my research, still the best stacking mod out there
  • TameXL - cause nobody wants to wait half an hour plus for a creature to get hungry
  • Re-usable grappling hook - cause always carrying a stack of grappling hooks with you is a waste of weight
  • Re-usable parachute - cause always carrying a stack of parachutes with you is a waste of weight
  • Fisters All Fog Remover - I imagine the fog effects on this map will be even more severe. Because most people don't have a beast of a computer, Ark fog doesn't add ambiance as intended, but a thick white haze that you cannot see through at all.
  • Mod Checker - to keep the server updated as quickly as possible
  • ACM - For easier Administration
* For whosoever will save his life shall lose it, and whosoever
will lose his life for My sake shall find it. Matthew 16:25 *

GingerAvenger
Council Member
Council Member
Steam Profile: ccGingerAvenger
Origin Profile: ccGingerAvenger
Battle.net Profile: GingerAvenge#1819

Postby GingerAvenger » November 23rd, 2017, 5:30 pm

I say stacking mod and nothing else. Let this be the challenge they intended. Imagine the load times!

Broman
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: broman4097

Postby Broman » November 23rd, 2017, 8:50 pm

Stack is a must. TameXL makes sense too... still have to explore and interact with map, but you don't have a long wait for a tame.

Bjorn44
Steam Profile: TheWatcher44
Battle.net Profile: TheWatcher44

Postby Bjorn44 » November 24th, 2017, 2:54 am

I agree with ginger, stack mod, maybe reusable grapples, nothing else. It's supposed to be a challenge we have had it easy with the current rates etc. Tame XL would make taming too easy like it is now, if also suggest having the taming rate tuned downed so that when we habe to do passive taming on dinos, like the chest bursters it takes more than 1 to do so that we have a challenge. Yeah we all have lives, but gearing up for a new and fun tame and then doing it doesn't need to be done in the same day
Bjorn Thorsson, Valdrheim.

XzorlicX
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: XzorlicX

Postby XzorlicX » November 24th, 2017, 9:19 am

I think Stackmemore is always a must, the current way stacking is in vanilla is absurd. Structures + and Platforms + should also be considered just because of how much easier they make building. Other than that I don't think any mods need to be used, having the re-usable grappling hooks and parachutes defeats the purpose of having no fliers, thus needing to get a gliding suit. I get not wanting to wait on tames, but with a high tame rate already in place waiting for a dino to starve down a few hundred isn't that bad, for me it actually keeps the game a little more fun since I don't immediately have every single dino I need.

Allovore
Steam Profile: AlloClaw

Postby Allovore » November 24th, 2017, 3:15 pm

I think any mod that fixes the mechanics of the vanilla game like StackMeMore(New One) and Structures+ would be fine for Abberation. I also think this is meant to be purely PVE. But I think the friendly fire setting should be on for breeding purposes assuming the new creatures are breedable of course just to make things easier for actually killing unclaimed dinos and baby dinos.

Grizz Gallant
Steam Profile: †<CC>< Grizz Gallant
Origin Profile: GrizzGallant
Battle.net Profile: GrizzGallant#1761

Postby Grizz Gallant » November 24th, 2017, 8:48 pm

I agree with the idea of this being a more challanging map and we can always add more in later if need be. If we really want to go without S+ we may want to do the bore water kit just beacse chains of pipe are not fun to clean up. Unless they have fixed that.

I think Bjorn has a good thought for this map. Keep in mind that S+ setting are much easier to change than other mods. Why I don't know but it is. I can put stuff in and it just works. So I could always remove as much stuff as we want from that mod if you like. Course we could always start without it and see how that goes.

So no flyers, very minimal mods. Do you have a number in mind for settings? Should we cluster it at all? If we do what limitations should be placed on transfers?

Return to “Ark: Survival Evolved”