Requests for changes to CC Ark Servers

Stranded alone in your skivvies, surrounded by dinosaurs, now survive! DL: Grizz Gallant
DynamiteTiger
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: DynamiteTiger
Origin Profile: DynamiteTiger
UPlay Player: DynamiteTiger

Requests for changes to CC Ark Servers

Post by DynamiteTiger » March 22nd, 2018, 8:34 pm

Several players on players on Ragnarok and those who play on Aberration have spoken with me about several recommendations for changes to the servers to improve gameplay. Below are a few requests. If anyone has anything they would like to add, or comment on, please post below.

Since Aberration is coming to a close, some of us would like to tame all the creatures in order to bring them back to Ragnarok. With that in mind, can we please get TameXL and Awesome teleporters on Ab?

Many of the items you craft in Aberration such as glide suits require Aberrant items such as fungal wood or gems. Once Aberration is gone we won't have access to those items any longer. With that in mind, can we increase the harvest rates of all the items on Ab to 25? Or as an alternative, in the future, when we require those items to craft things on Ragnarok an admin spawn could spawn them in.

We have eliminated the harvesting lag from Rag with the new harvest multiplier codes. Now, the lag that people are feeling is because of the server saves every 15 minutes. Can we extend that time between saves to at least 30 mins?

Part of the reason the server lags a fair bit with each server save is because of the amount of players and bases on the map. There are many, many abandoned bases on Rag. Can we make some kind of rule or policy that determines when abandoned bases can be destroyed? Maybe with the move to the new server host there can be a clean up of old bases?

Many are still wanting to see damage numbers added to the servers.
In GameUserSettings.ini:
ShowFloatingDamageText=True

Since the Rag server is essentially a PvE server, there is no need to worry about interfering with PvP raiding etc. With that in mind many are asking that the S+ Nanny's imprinting ability be re-enabled. Might as well make things one step easier and add it to Ab as well.

Having the ability to use gamma on Rag being turned off is probably still a good thing so events and adventures still have some kind of difficulty. However nights on Rag are really, really dark. A few people are requesting that nights be shorted. Nights should be 1/3 of the day.

While doing mass breeding the time it takes for eggs to mature takes a fair bit of time. We can put them in the S+ Hatchery but the time for maturation inside the hatchery hasn't been changed from default which is balanced for vanilla settings. Default is 4. Can we up this to 10?
Under S+ settings:
HatcheryIncubationMultiplier=10

Can we also change the time it takes for dinos to breed again? Only a small increase. Waiting 4+ hours between breeds means breeding dinos takes a very long time. Not sure what our settings are now but if it's default 1, then can we increase it to 4. That would mean dinos could breed approximately once every hour as opposed to every 4 now.
In Game.ini:
MatingIntervalMultiplier=4.0

A while back we changed the foundation support limit from 2 to 3. While this does help in some situations when building, it is so minimal that it doesn't allow the ability for complex builds. Can we increase the S+ foundations support extension from 1 to 10. This will allow foundations to support up to 12 ceilings in total instead of 3 now.
Under S+ settings:
AdditionalSupportDistanceInFoundations=10

That's all I can think of at the moment that has been discussed among players in the last couple weeks. If anyone else has anything to add or comment on, please post below.
Last edited by DynamiteTiger on March 23rd, 2018, 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 631
* For whosoever will save his life shall lose it, and whosoever
will lose his life for My sake shall find it. Matthew 16:25 *

Dagradon
Ark: SE Division Leader
Steam Profile: dagradon74

Re: Requests for changes to CC Ark Servers

Post by Dagradon » March 22nd, 2018, 8:43 pm

I have to say I agree with everything here and I was one of the ones that really was unsupportive of no foundation on build but I have changed my view and would be in support of no foundation requirement if it was supported by others.
word count: 46

Zick

Post by Zick » March 23rd, 2018, 6:32 am

Trying to move our beginner base to the next step and was looking around and there was no place to go. I notice a lot of bases were abandoned. A clean up would helpful many ways. I support the list of changes and agree.
word count: 44
Jesus will find those who are willing to pick up there mat and walk.
John 5:8 NIV
Then Jesus said to him, "Get up! Pick up your mat and walk."

"When love is in the house
The house is packed" Toby Mac

GingerAvenger
Council Advisor
Council Advisor
Steam Profile: ccGingerAvenger
Origin Profile: ccGingerAvenger
Battle.net Profile: GingerAvenge#1819

Post by GingerAvenger » March 23rd, 2018, 9:30 am

*cough* CLASSIC FLYERS *cough*
word count: 4

Haytred

Post by Haytred » March 23rd, 2018, 9:36 pm

yes please to all!!! (except classic flyers, im kinda on the fence about that one really makes ground mounts feel useless besides boss arenas, also CF can cause major issues with other mods)
word count: 33

GingerAvenger
Council Advisor
Council Advisor

Post by GingerAvenger » March 23rd, 2018, 11:22 pm

I adore argys and want them to not be slow as Christmas. lol
word count: 13

DynamiteTiger
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: DynamiteTiger
Origin Profile: DynamiteTiger
UPlay Player: DynamiteTiger

Post by DynamiteTiger » March 23rd, 2018, 11:32 pm

GingerAvenger wrote:I adore argys and want them to not be slow as Christmas. lol
Problem there is, Argys just got the TLC patch and thus are in a vanilla state with Classic Flyers until they release the DevKit for TLC #2. That could be quite some time from now.

Personally there are some things that I really really like about Classic Flyers. Mainly the ability to walk backwards and regain stamina in the air with quetz's. But I've never been a fan of having birds that can fly across the map in seconds. There are configs with it though so we could possibly try and make everyone happy by limiting how fast they can get.
word count: 118
* For whosoever will save his life shall lose it, and whosoever
will lose his life for My sake shall find it. Matthew 16:25 *

Grizz Gallant
Steam Profile: †<CC>< Grizz Gallant
Origin Profile: GrizzGallant
Battle.net Profile: GrizzGallant#1761

Post by Grizz Gallant » March 24th, 2018, 10:27 am

Hey all,

Some of this will be very easy to do once the move happens. Assuming I will still have access to things, which I assume I will. I am not opposed to much of this, but I am going to hold off on final decisions for now. I just got back from chaperoning middle schoolers on an extended overnight filed to trip to the State Science Fair, and have not had a good night's sleep for 3 days. I have a strict policy of not making decisions when exhausted. But let’s talk more after the Dodo death battle tonight.
word count: 102

GingerAvenger
Council Advisor
Council Advisor

Post by GingerAvenger » March 24th, 2018, 7:42 pm

i believe the move happens on the 31st. Am I correct? Like 7 days away or so?... Also, I vote (and always will) to drop eco mods like a hot rock. I realize I'm in the minority but I'm saying it anyway because I can. ;)
word count: 47

Grizz Gallant
Steam Profile: †<CC>< Grizz Gallant
Origin Profile: GrizzGallant
Battle.net Profile: GrizzGallant#1761

Post by Grizz Gallant » March 24th, 2018, 9:18 pm

I have moved my house to the normal RedWoods so it is possible without breaking my house. . . .
word count: 17