Creature Mod Suggestions to replace Mythical Glitchy Creatures

Stranded alone in your skivvies, surrounded by dinosaurs, now survive!
AlloTalon
Steam Profile: AlloTalon

Creature Mod Suggestions to replace Mythical Glitchy Creatures

Post by AlloTalon » September 26th, 2018, 11:53 pm

The mythical creatures mod on crystal Isles is WAAAAY outdated and the creatures in the mod are just way too glitchy and they're all practically useless. And the Transformounts almost never spawn. So here's a list of mods I found that can spice up Crystal Isles Better than the ones mentioned above tried to do. And Yes I brought this up before but this time it's to replace the mods mentioned above.

Ark Additions: The Collection https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1522327484 (This is a collection of creatures that were separate mods but now they're in one mod)

Additional Creatures 2: Wild Ark https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1373744537
(This is my second favorite mod aside from S+. It adds new types of Dinosaurs that do all sorts of things and they look sooo cool)

Jurassic Park Expansion https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =972887420 (By Far my most favorite mod aside from S+. Although It might not be chosen due to the large amount of creaures in it)

Pyria Mythos Evolved https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... text=pyria (This mod was suggested before Crystal Isles started, It was down-voted due to suggestively clothed human creatures. If we do decide to go with this mod, I highly recommend disabling the spawns for those creatures mentioned.

Prometheus v5 https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... earchtext= (Dag talked to me about this mod but I have mixed feelings because it would be like Extinction Core or Annunaki Genesis)
word count: 244

Proverbs 12:10 "Whoever is righteous has regard for the life of his beast, but the mercy of the wicked is cruel."

Zick

Re: Creature Mod Suggestions to replace Mythical Glitchy Creatures

Post by Zick » September 27th, 2018, 12:12 pm

I didnt like first 4 mods but Prometheus v5 ... I Liked alot! If they decide to switch it out, that one would be my choice.
word count: 25
Jesus will find those who are willing to pick up there mat and walk.
John 5:8 NIV
Then Jesus said to him, "Get up! Pick up your mat and walk."

"When love is in the house
The house is packed" Toby Mac

Dagradon
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: dagradon74

Post by Dagradon » September 30th, 2018, 7:32 am

I would really like to see more opinions on this.
word count: 10

Sabalanor
CC Member
CC Member
Battle.net Profile: Sabalanor#1527

Post by Sabalanor » September 30th, 2018, 11:58 am

Prometheus looks really cool. Pyria was fun, but the humanoid creatures are dressed minimally to put it mildly, so should probably be removed. The only one I didn't tame on Chron's server was the mermaid, but I think she functions similiar to the Angler fish for pearl collection.

There others bad, as they offer different take on existing "normal" dinos. However, it would make me want to tame them any more than what we already have tamed. I'm more along the lines of wanting to tame "new, crazy looking dinos"...so my vote would be pyria or prometheus with it leaning towards prometheus since I haven't experienced that mod before.
word count: 114

AlloTalon
Steam Profile: AlloTalon

Post by AlloTalon » October 1st, 2018, 8:05 pm

Sabalanor wrote:
September 30th, 2018, 11:58 am
Prometheus looks really cool. Pyria was fun, but the humanoid creatures are dressed minimally to put it mildly, so should probably be removed. The only one I didn't tame on Chron's server was the mermaid, but I think she functions similiar to the Angler fish for pearl collection.

There others bad, as they offer different take on existing "normal" dinos. However, it would make me want to tame them any more than what we already have tamed. I'm more along the lines of wanting to tame "new, crazy looking dinos"...so my vote would be pyria or prometheus with it leaning towards prometheus since I haven't experienced that mod before.
Then the only option for adding a creature mod at this point would be to wipe Crystal Isles at some point in the future. At this point in late game, it wouldn't be a good idea to add creature mods that exceed the power of the current dinos we have Like you mentioned Sab.

But The Idea I wanted to come up with here is to have alternatives for people to go after while still having the availability to still use Vanilla Dinos if you want rather than go for the Overpowered creatures that make all the vanilla creatures and anything like them completely useless. I think any creature mod we have shouldn't be about getting the creatures that are "META." But rather have options for everyone to choose from and still be able to do things like boss battles with certain creatures that you'd like to use that you normally can't do with Core Mods like Extinction Core, Annunaki, Primal Fear or Pugnacia.
word count: 290

Proverbs 12:10 "Whoever is righteous has regard for the life of his beast, but the mercy of the wicked is cruel."

Sabalanor
CC Member
CC Member
Battle.net Profile: Sabalanor#1527

Post by Sabalanor » October 2nd, 2018, 10:44 am

Just realized there were some typos on my first response. It should have read the other mods are NOT bad. They just would NOT encourage me to go out and tame anything new.

I apologise for not catching these when I was posting. The original way it was written comes off a bit rude and that wasn't my intention at all.

Back to the topic of this thread, ultimately it comes down to if we want more vanilla type Dino's for new people or different/crazy Dino's for people who have breeding programs matured. This is just my opinion, but with the game being out for years, 'new' content usually brings people back into activity if it is compelling and offers variation.
word count: 125