CI Raise Dino Cap?

Stranded alone in your skivvies, surrounded by dinosaurs, now survive!
Zick

CI Raise Dino Cap?

Post by Zick » September 29th, 2018, 6:36 am

Hello Everyone I wanted to propose sense CI server has only 3 to 4 Tribes raising dinos for Boss fights that I'm aware of. It seems the population of the server is low , was wondering if we could raise the cap from 250 to 300. Was wondering what everyone thought.
word count: 51
Jesus will find those who are willing to pick up there mat and walk.
John 5:8 NIV
Then Jesus said to him, "Get up! Pick up your mat and walk."

"When love is in the house
The house is packed" Toby Mac

AlloTalon
Steam Profile: AlloTalon

Re: CI Raise Dino Cap?

Post by AlloTalon » September 29th, 2018, 1:48 pm

I agree. I'm very close to hitting the Dino Cap. I'm about 219 out of 250 and That's cause I'm breeding for mutations. I know that limiting the number of dinos per tribe prevents lots of lag but come on! I can't help but have lots of Dinos. It's in my DNA.
word count: 58

Proverbs 12:10 "Whoever is righteous has regard for the life of his beast, but the mercy of the wicked is cruel."

Sabalanor
CC Member
CC Member
Battle.net Profile: Sabalanor#1527

Post by Sabalanor » September 29th, 2018, 11:09 pm

Honestly, we have mutated like 8 lines of dinos with no problem on the dino cap. I'm sort of against raising it.
word count: 23

Dagradon
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: dagradon74

Post by Dagradon » September 30th, 2018, 7:27 am

I am on the fence on this one. I understand what you are saying but there are ways to keep your dino count good.
1) Kill dinos no longer needed. i.e. once you mutate kill the old dino.
2) Once you finish mutations of a dino Kill all but but However many mutations you need.
3) Use the s+ Vivarium. It holds 50 dinos on crystal isles and any dino in there dose not count against your dino count. So while mutating if you want extra dinos because you just like that dino use the vivarium as a storage facility and pull them out when you use them.
word count: 109

Grizz Gallant
Steam Profile: †<CC>< Grizz Gallant
Origin Profile: GrizzGallant
Battle.net Profile: GrizzGallant#1761

Post by Grizz Gallant » September 30th, 2018, 8:08 am

I am open to the idea, but leaning against it. Life on ISO already has become lag filled. Plus the cap was raised once from 200 to 250 already. Now a few weeks later folks want to raise it from 250 to 300. People are always going to want more. At some point we just need to stop moving the line.
word count: 61

Zick

Post by Zick » September 30th, 2018, 2:05 pm

It started at 250 this was posted July 16th with no updates on the post. viewtopic.php?f=148&t=24814

Well I understand when comes to breeding for boss mobs and I already do kill off the ones i dont need but the others in my tribe that dont raid and they play to play so they keep there dinos as ones that they want to keep , and i'm sure they dont want to go pull a dino everytime they want to play when they do log in. I'm running atm 195 to 205 atm not saying im going max out at 250 or 300 dinos just wanted a bit wiggle room it was just a idea. As for lag maybe we need to shorten some tamed dinos of those tribes that havent log in for 6 weeks and there dinos are still alive. Is there anyway to shorten the time on those tamed dinos that been abandon. I mean i know of a few tribes they have dinos still around with a base thats all gone , would that help on lowering the lag?

Grizz Gallant wrote:
July 16th, 2018, 11:16 am
General Rules
1. You agree to follow all of CCG’s rules.
https://www.ccgaming.com/about/
2. Be respectful of others in all ways. This includes not engaging in trolling, spamming, theft, cutting in line for a drop, using others as your personal shield, or stealing a tame.
3. Thou shall not steal the kill and/or loot of another.

PVP Rules
1. PvP is by mutual tribe agreement or event only.
2. No activated open air turrets or aggressive dinos outside of scheduled events.
3. Offline raiding is not permitted.

Do your share to prevent lag and glitches.
1. Don’t leave creatures unattended in the wild. Use the Dino Tracker to find
them and bring them safely home. The destroytribedinos command is a possibility.
2. All unused structures must be removed by you. Inactivity for a period of six weeks or more, or excessive littering, may result in the destroytribestructures command being used. This server will auto-destroy structures after six weeks, but litter may be taken care of well before that. This includes taming pens.
3. Always eat unwanted wyvern eggs. Dropping them glitches things.
4. Always take everything, even wood, from a beaver dam so they will respawn.
5. Tribes may only have up to 250 tames each. This is a per tribe, not per person limit.

Base Rules
1. No more than two bases per tribe.
2. Your base may be no longer than four brontos in any direction (about 80 foundations).
2. Do not block artifact caves, obelisks, ramps, or important resource spawns.
3. Do not leave your dinos at another person's base without their permission.
4. Do not build within render distance of another tribes base without their permission.

Event Rules (You are welcome to host your own events.)
1. If you are not an admin please host your event in the name of your tribe, not CCG, unless you have permission from an admin to do so.
2. All players are welcome to schedule and host any event that does not violate any of the rules or the spirit of CCG. Grizz Gallant will aid you in advertising your event upon request.

While we do our best to be gracious and forgiving to all players, CCG’s Admins can and will take any action they deem necessary against any individual or tribe who are being deliberately disruptive to the community in any way, including but not limited to breaking the rules above. Such actions can include destruction of property and tames or outright banning. Thank you for taking the time to read all of this and please enjoy your stay.
word count: 636
Jesus will find those who are willing to pick up there mat and walk.
John 5:8 NIV
Then Jesus said to him, "Get up! Pick up your mat and walk."

"When love is in the house
The house is packed" Toby Mac

Grizz Gallant
Steam Profile: †<CC>< Grizz Gallant
Origin Profile: GrizzGallant
Battle.net Profile: GrizzGallant#1761

Post by Grizz Gallant » October 1st, 2018, 2:43 pm

Yes, 250 is 50 more than the 200 limit the Extinction Core Server had, which is the rule set that was changed for Crystal Isles, and that change happened after launch by request. At any rate I am sorry if you feel I have personally attacked you in some way.

As for dino decay, it is a multiplier. I wish it was a literal time so we could more easily adjust it. Currently it is set to be the same as the building multiplayer. So in theory the dinos should stay around as long as a metal base should. Any idea what the base was made of that disappeared while the dinos are still around? It makes me nervous trying to play with that number, but more data could be helpful in that regard. In theory a metal base should stay around for about 10.5 weeks after the last login of any tribe member. However, I know that stone bases disappear in about 2-3 weeks.
word count: 167