S+ Mutator

Stranded alone in your skivvies, surrounded by dinosaurs, now survive!
Bjorn44
Steam Profile: TheWatcher44
Battle.net Profile: TheWatcher44

S+ Mutator

Post by Bjorn44 » November 23rd, 2018, 1:18 am

I was thinking about the Tek grams we will unlock on the 26th, from the Boss even and I realized that the Mutator would be unlocked too. Im curious what everyones opinions are about Removing or substantially increasing the cost of using/crafting it.

My thoughts about it, is that it should be increased it will make Extinction even Easier. we will be able to do any drops/Bosses with dinos that shouldnt be able to do them. Im having a fun time challenging the Purple drops/Titans with dinos and we havent even been able to get passed wave 7, or Fight the King Titan yet. i think adding the Mutator will make it so easy that we could mutate any dino and solo everything with that dino, and people will be able to bypass "Progression" points and go straight to end game with it.

Thoughts?
word count: 147
Bjorn Thorsson, Space Force!.

Grizz Gallant
Steam Profile: †<CC>< Grizz Gallant
Origin Profile: GrizzGallant
Battle.net Profile: GrizzGallant#1761

Re: S+ Mutator

Post by Grizz Gallant » November 24th, 2018, 12:08 pm

I agree that we should do somthing about it. Did you have any numbers in mind?
word count: 16

Grizz Gallant
Steam Profile: †<CC>< Grizz Gallant
Origin Profile: GrizzGallant
Battle.net Profile: GrizzGallant#1761

Post by Grizz Gallant » November 25th, 2018, 3:30 pm

From Bjorn:

Hey I forgot my password for the forums but my opinion for the mutater is decreasing the mutations too 2 down from 20
word count: 25

Xiafu
Battle.net Profile: Xiafu

Post by Xiafu » November 26th, 2018, 9:51 am

If it costs element to use my vote would be to make it extremely expensive to use if that's an option. Make it 5 or even 10 thousand element so veins are worth doing after the first few since they give so much element. If that's not an option then I would be fine reducing it to 2 or maybe 5 uses per dino.
word count: 66

Bjorn44
Steam Profile: TheWatcher44
Battle.net Profile: TheWatcher44

Post by Bjorn44 » November 26th, 2018, 10:26 am

Got my password figured out :P :P
For options on the Mutator, you can Increase Cost per pulse, and you can "Cap" the Stack count of Mutations.

[StructuresPlus] -- (Bottom of the gameusersettings.ini)
MutatorPulseCost=X
MutatorBuffMaxStackCount=X

These are the configs, i think that having the pulse at 200, and the Stack count at 2 would be Ideal in my opinion. That way it would make Element a cost that is worth using to get a mutation that is Twice as strong as a Natural mutation and it wouldnt be too OP for the server, sure people can put in a lot of work and super mutate dinos but it will still take a lot of time and a big pile of element to do so. Basically with this it would take 400 Element for +4 stat mutation.
word count: 136
Bjorn Thorsson, Space Force!.

Xiafu
Battle.net Profile: Xiafu

Post by Xiafu » November 26th, 2018, 2:00 pm

Bjorn44 wrote:
November 26th, 2018, 10:26 am
Got my password figured out :P :P
For options on the Mutator, you can Increase Cost per pulse, and you can "Cap" the Stack count of Mutations.

[StructuresPlus] -- (Bottom of the gameusersettings.ini)
MutatorPulseCost=X
MutatorBuffMaxStackCount=X

These are the configs, i think that having the pulse at 200, and the Stack count at 2 would be Ideal in my opinion. That way it would make Element a cost that is worth using to get a mutation that is Twice as strong as a Natural mutation and it wouldnt be too OP for the server, sure people can put in a lot of work and super mutate dinos but it will still take a lot of time and a big pile of element to do so. Basically with this it would take 400 Element for +4 stat mutation.
I would vote higher, since you get around 1,600 element from a 25k health element vein. 4 mutations per medium vein may be appropriate though since it's random, I hadn't thought of that.
word count: 180