Serious and MATURE conversations about Christianity
NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Some interesting old posts...

Post by NeoJabez » February 8th, 2012, 3:21 pm

Some words from the past that might be very prevalent now:

by NeoJabez » 2006-09-27, 04:13:20

If you have forgotten why we are here, why this community exists, why we should all take a deep breath and forgive each other....We are here, blessed with choice and free will, with love and guidance and glory from our Savior, for fellowship, learning and witnessing as the Bible itself commands us. There has been LITTLE of this contained in the antagonistic and slanderous words of our recent debates, and it's time they stopped.

Whenever you reduce or diminish your Brothers in Christ, through sarcasm, misplaced humor, or negativity, you are like the Roman Centurions lashing out, inflicting fresh wounds upon He who saved you.

1 John 4:11 Dear friends, since God loved us as much as that, we surely ought to love each other too. (TLB)

Please, as your Brother in Christ, hear what I say....Let the Holy Spirit convict all of us, despite our "side" or our learned, experienced "opinion", if we are hurting each other or our Savior with our thoughts and words. We have already damaged each other with these debates, let us not continue in this sin of pride. It must end, Good may come of some debate, but this time, we have seen none. I have seen only resignation and despair, and more pride. Please don't let that be YOUR example to Christ, he has seen it already.

by NeoJabez » 2007-09-09, 15:46:33

Ask yourself, in light of how cold and cruel the world can be, all by itself....

How can you be so petty?

How can you believe in a God of love, a God of forgiveness, and a God of Mighty Grace, and still attack, ensnare, or destroy those you are supposed to love?

Do you not realize that every dishonoring word you say, and every dishonoring thing you do to any Brother or Sister, is the same as doing it to Jesus Himself?

I now throw forth a challenge....

If you joined this community, because your friends are here, or you joined because you wish to have admin powers, or you joined because you seek a pleasant atmostphere, empty of any truth....If you judge those around you with God's Law but refuse to obey it yourself....

LEAVE.

If you joined this community because you have God in your Heart, in your Soul, and in your Every Day, if you joined because you know that together, in a group, we can bring the power of prayer, instruction, and hope and faith and throw them upon all that is wrong, and all that is evil in this world like a laser beam, if you joined because you seek to distance yourself from the depraved evil which is an integral part of your nature....

STAY.

Don't just stay though....Offer yourself, in humility rather than anger. Offer yourself in respect, rather than in vehement debate. Offer your skill or your talent, or your very spirit to enlarging the Glory of God here.

This is the challenge then....

To step back and confess, even if only to yourself and God, that you are petty, sinful, and that you do not wish to be these things.

Do not bring your trials, your stresses, and your anger down upon anyone else here, because it is YOU who must get right with God. You cannot judge a man whom you do not truly know, because he has said one "mean" word to you. You cannot judge a man who you do not truly know, when you have no idea what part of God's Plan he is performing, even in his own suffering, or his own pain.

Look in the Bible, God's Mirror. Hold YOURSELF to God's Law, and NO ONE ELSE.

If you can take this challenge, start ACTING LIKE IT.

If you mistake my words for meanness, frustration, or anger, go back to step 1, and LEAVE.

If you see how we must follow God, Jesus, The Apostles, and those who lead us in love, to fulfill God's Glory, then choose Step 2, and STAY.

1John 4:11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.

That is all.
word count: 719
If serving is below you, leadership is beyond you. - Anonymous

Coram Deo, Soli Deo Gloria

Mickey Mouse
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: Quiten

Re: Some interesting old posts...

Post by Mickey Mouse » February 8th, 2012, 4:09 pm

hmmmmm I remember reading these somewhere else.... oh wait 4 years ago :P

great posts. I think they will always apply. thanks for re posting neo
word count: 25

MJCaboose

Post by MJCaboose » February 8th, 2012, 4:13 pm

A pity these posts have to keep being brought up...
word count: 10
US > China. NEVER forget Pearl Harbor. Today is the 100th year anniversary of the day china nuked pearl harbor. Never forget. RIP.

Clarence
Council Advisor
Council Advisor

Post by Clarence » February 9th, 2012, 4:20 am

MJCaboose wrote:A pity these posts have to keep being brought up...

We need these timely reminders that we are just human and God created us, to be perfect but we went our own way. Even though we have accepted Jesus as our Lord and saviour we still try to do things our own way.

Paul summed it up very nicely in Romans 7: 21 - 25

21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

That is why I made this a sticky; to serve as a reminder. Thanks for reviving this topic Neo
word count: 180

Ladyhawke
Steam Profile: STEAM_0:1:16754293

Post by Ladyhawke » October 24th, 2013, 10:09 am

bump......is it ok to laugh and cry at the same time?
word count: 12
Love isn't what you say. Love is what you do.

ThE_RevelationS
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: Fred56789

Post by ThE_RevelationS » October 30th, 2013, 12:45 pm

...no do them separately but in very quick successions
word count: 9
--
For I wrote you out of great distress and anguish of heart and with many tears, not to grieve you but to let you know the depth of my love for you.
2 Corinthians 2:4

ThE_RevelationS
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: Fred56789

Post by ThE_RevelationS » October 30th, 2013, 12:52 pm

MJCaboose wrote:A pity these posts have to keep being brought up...

It seams the nature of gaming in a way...unfortunately its not a game to many it its a competition where they want to be the better of many. With that comes smack talk, self pride, and jealousy.
word count: 50
--
For I wrote you out of great distress and anguish of heart and with many tears, not to grieve you but to let you know the depth of my love for you.
2 Corinthians 2:4