A verse a day before you play

Serious and MATURE conversations about Christianity
Kunkali
CC Member
CC Member

Re: A verse a day before you play

Post by Kunkali » March 17th, 2012, 12:55 pm

Romans 5:17-18

For the sin of this one man, Adam, caused death to rule over many. But even greater is God’s wonderful grace and his gift of righteousness, for all who receive it will live in triumph over sin and death through this one man, Jesus Christ.
Yes, Adam’s one sin brings condemnation for everyone, but Christ’s one act of righteousness brings a right relationship with God and new life for everyone.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
word count: 80
“Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.” - Francis Chan, Crazy Love

Kunkali
CC Member
CC Member

Post by Kunkali » March 25th, 2012, 12:59 pm

Romans 12:2

Do not be conformed to this present world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may test and approve what is the will of God – what is good and well-pleasing and perfect.

word count: 44
“Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.” - Francis Chan, Crazy Love

Kunkali
CC Member
CC Member

Post by Kunkali » April 3rd, 2012, 8:09 am

‎"If we ever get it through our heads that the Gospel really is good news, we wouldn’t need classes or motivational seminars on witnessing...It’s a privilege! Talking about religion is a pain; but sharing the Gospel is pure joy...Daniel 12:3 says those who turn many to righteousness shall shine as the stars forever...If you feel kind of dull and burned-out, share the Gospel and shine once again!"

Daniel 12:3

3And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

~Jon Courson

word count: 110

Kunkali
CC Member
CC Member

Post by Kunkali » April 16th, 2012, 2:14 pm

2 thessalonians 3:13

As for the rest of you, dear brothers and sisters, never get tired of doing good.

word count: 23

AttolloDeus
Steam Profile: AttolloDeus

Post by AttolloDeus » April 16th, 2012, 9:50 pm

Romans 12:21

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
word count: 13

Kunkali
CC Member
CC Member

Post by Kunkali » April 28th, 2012, 12:23 pm

Keep your lives free from coveting and be content with what you have, because God has said,
   “Never will I leave you;
   never will I forsake you.”
Hebrews 13:5

word count: 34

Fa7h3r Mik3
CC Member
CC Member

Post by Fa7h3r Mik3 » May 20th, 2012, 12:31 pm

Colossians 1:15

The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation

The image of what God looks like has been painted in pictures on cathedral walls and sculpted into stone images since man knew how to use those talents that He gave us. But to see how God loves, reacts, and treats us and others.. look no further that Jesus Christ.
word count: 66
Be the kind of man that puts his feet on the floor first thing in the morning and the devil says.. " Oh crap, he's up"

Fa7h3r Mik3
CC Member
CC Member

Post by Fa7h3r Mik3 » August 5th, 2012, 7:03 am

My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

2 Chronicles 7:14 if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was reading the first vs in an email about marraige ministry and the second on a search for more about humbling ourselves before God and allowing His work and His will to guide our lives. It is in the times that seem the dimmest, when things turn against us from all sides... the times that we humble ourselves and rely on God's guidance that he will pull us through. But remember God does not always give us the easy way out in these times but our ability to obey and humbly accept that He is in charge teaches us and strenghtnes us for future trails.
word count: 216
Be the kind of man that puts his feet on the floor first thing in the morning and the devil says.. " Oh crap, he's up"

ForDemLulz

Post by ForDemLulz » August 6th, 2012, 10:45 am

The verse above of boasting in weakness has always shown truth in my life. Being able to honestly share with others when I am struggling always yields powerful results in my life and theirs. When you genuinely open yourself up to share everything with someone.. the connections and discussions that take place accordingly are fantastic. For example, after one week of VBS at church and logging many 12 hour work days... I began asking people for prayer in youth and also talking with others. After a day of rest and mindless TF2 and summer reading on saturday... I was waiting for God to do big things Sunday. Our Pastor delivered an encouraging challenge to press on in our tough times... and youth's free worship provided such an amazing experience. This is why I often times pray for brokenness. God can mold and mend our hearts and build us up past our own expectations when we come before the throne broken and praying for God to do big things. That is why in the tough times and in all times, we can trust that God has a plan. As His servants I believe we must be praying for brokenness, new visions, and new passions. Just as Elevation Worship's song "Give Me Faith" says "I may be weak, but Your Spirit's strong in me. My flesh may fail, but My God you never will!".

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 was exactly what I needed to add to my devotions today. Thank you!
word count: 253
Exodus 15:2 "The Lord is my strength and my song,
and has become my salvation.
He is my God, and I will praise Him.
My Father's God and I will exalt Him."

Fa7h3r Mik3
CC Member
CC Member

Post by Fa7h3r Mik3 » August 9th, 2012, 6:28 pm

" This is why I often times pray for brokenness. God can mold and mend our hearts and build us up past our own expectations when we come before the throne broken and praying for God to do big things"

God always does his best work when we are at our weakest point. I often have the same prayer. Thanks for posting.

Todays Biblegateway Verse of the day:

“Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.” Luke 12:6-7 NIV

Great verse when we are worried about where are next (insert need here) is going to come from.
word count: 127