A verse a day before you play

Serious and MATURE conversations about Christianity
Fa7h3r Mik3
CC Member
CC Member

Re: A verse a day before you play

Post by Fa7h3r Mik3 » August 11th, 2012, 6:46 am

Ephesians 5:18b-20
be filled with the Spirit, 19 speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord, 20 giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, 21 submitting to one another in the fear of God

Most of the discussions we have here are about holding each other accountable, confessing our sin to one another, ect.. here Paul talks about worshiping and praising together. A completely different look at how we should spend our time together as believers... in song.

The NKJV MacArthur Study Bible says, "making melody Lit. means to pluck a stringed insturment so it could refer primarily to instumental music while including vocal also."
word count: 130
Be the kind of man that puts his feet on the floor first thing in the morning and the devil says.. " Oh crap, he's up"

Fa7h3r Mik3
CC Member
CC Member

Post by Fa7h3r Mik3 » August 12th, 2012, 6:53 am

Two days in a row, two different studies, same theme
Colossians 3:16

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

"To teach and admonish one another. This would contribute very much to our furtherance in all grace; for we sharpen ourselves by quickening others, and improve our knowledge by communicating it for their edification. We must admonish one another in psalms and hymns. Observe, Singing of psalms is a gospel ordinance: psalmois kai hymnois kai oµdais—the Psalms of David, and spiritual hymns and odes, collected out of the scripture, and suited to special occasions, instead of their lewd and profane songs in their idolatrous worship. Religious poesy seems countenanced by these expressions and is capable of great edification. But, when we sing psalms, we make no melody unless we sing with grace in our hearts, unless we are suitably affected with what we sing and go along in it with true devotion and understanding. Singing of psalms is a teaching ordinance as well as a praising ordinance; and we are not only to quicken and encourage ourselves, but to teach and admonish one another, mutually excite our affections, and convey instructions." Matthew Henry
word count: 219
Be the kind of man that puts his feet on the floor first thing in the morning and the devil says.. " Oh crap, he's up"

Fa7h3r Mik3
CC Member
CC Member

Post by Fa7h3r Mik3 » August 16th, 2012, 4:39 pm

18 “Therefore you shall lay up these words of mine in your heart and in your soul, and bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. 19 You shall teach them to your children, speaking of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. 20 And you shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates, 21 that your days and the days of your children may be multiplied in the land of which the Lord swore to your fathers to give them, like the days of the heavens above the earth" Deut 11:18-21

Some friends of ours recently celebrated the birth of their first grandchild. One of our gift to them was a toddlers bible and this is the verse we used in the inscription.
We bought the same bible for when our own grandchild is born in a few weeks.
word count: 170

Fa7h3r Mik3
CC Member
CC Member

Post by Fa7h3r Mik3 » August 25th, 2012, 6:39 am

Ive been reading the Book of Acts. My wife and I are trying to get through a movie off of a site called "Lion and Lamb Ministeries". It has a section with a bunch of older movies from the Old and New Testiments. With my schedule as of late with remodeling at work we dont get to see each other to much durring the week so we are trying to get through it 15-30 min at a time. Aside from that..

Eccleesiastes 5:8-20
8 If you see the poor oppressed in a district, and justice and rights denied, do not be surprised at such things; for one official is eyed by a higher one, and over them both are others higher still. 9 The increase from the land is taken by all; the king himself profits from the fields.

10 Whoever loves money never has enough;
whoever loves wealth is never satisfied with their income.
This too is meaningless.

11 As goods increase,
so do those who consume them.
And what benefit are they to the owners
except to feast their eyes on them?

12 The sleep of a laborer is sweet,
whether they eat little or much,
but as for the rich, their abundance
permits them no sleep.
13 I have seen a grievous evil under the sun:
wealth hoarded to the harm of its owners,
14 or wealth lost through some misfortune,
so that when they have children
there is nothing left for them to inherit.
15 Everyone comes naked from their mother’s womb,
and as everyone comes, so they depart.
They take nothing from their toil
that they can carry in their hands.
16 This too is a grievous evil:

As everyone comes, so they depart,
and what do they gain,
since they toil for the wind?
17 All their days they eat in darkness,
with great frustration, affliction and anger.

18 This is what I have observed to be good: that it is appropriate for a person to eat, to drink and to find satisfaction in their toilsome labor under the sun during the few days of life God has given them—for this is their lot. 19 Moreover, when God gives someone wealth and possessions, and the ability to enjoy them, to accept their lot and be happy in their toil—this is a gift of God. 20 They seldom reflect on the days of their life, because God keeps them occupied with gladness of heart.
word count: 414

Fa7h3r Mik3
CC Member
CC Member

Post by Fa7h3r Mik3 » November 10th, 2012, 1:51 pm

Over the last 24 hours or so this vs has been on verses of the day, devotionals and today on three different tv shows that I have been watching or listening to in the background.

Matthew 6:19-34

Spoiler! :
19 “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; 20 but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
The Lamp of the Body

22 “The lamp of the body is the eye. If therefore your eye is good, your whole body will be full of light. 23 But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in you is darkness, how great is that darkness!
You Cannot Serve God and Riches

24 “No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.
Do Not Worry

25 “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?

28 “So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; 29 and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?

31 “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

I sat down in prayer over this and read and reread this and am just going to mediate throughout my day and see what God wants me to learn or prepare for what He has in store for me.
word count: 484

Fa7h3r Mik3
CC Member
CC Member

Post by Fa7h3r Mik3 » February 11th, 2014, 4:34 am

Matthew 11. More specific the last 3 verses over the last couple of days.
28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

My wife has told me that this has become her favorite verse(s).
word count: 81

Cephas
CC Member
CC Member
Formerly Known As: Wlolf, then Quirkid, Knet

Post by Cephas » February 11th, 2014, 8:35 am

Fa7h3r Mik3 wrote:Matthew 11. More specific the last 3 verses over the last couple of days.
28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

My wife has told me that this has become her favorite verse(s).

That verse always reminds me of this song!

[youtube]http://youtu.be/OLy-B9LuqMo[/youtube]
word count: 99

Fa7h3r Mik3
CC Member
CC Member

Post by Fa7h3r Mik3 » February 17th, 2014, 4:39 am

I love that song. Thanks for the link!

1 Corinthians 1

From 18-31 not only reminds teaches me this morning not only wisdom of this world will fade but my pride and ego are futile.
word count: 35

BloodBought
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: BloodBought91

Post by BloodBought » February 23rd, 2015, 4:20 pm

Nice!
word count: 1
"The one who looks at me is seeing the one who sent me." -Jesus Christ
John12:45