Not sure if there is already a thread...

Discuss games other than CC Divisions here; web based, pc, or console
Kratos
Council Member
Council Member
Steam Profile: joshfitz08

Not sure if there is already a thread...

Post by Kratos » November 9th, 2011, 11:35 pm

If so, feel free to lock/delete this.

But, Modern Warfare Three came out a couple days ago and I'm really considering buying it off of steam. I don't much like console fps games.

Is anyone else planning on buying it, or already bought it? I hate playing games by myself, and don't want to buy it unless I'll have others to play with...lol.

So yea, what ya think?

Elvis...you know you wanna. xD
word count: 80

Mickey Mouse
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: Quiten

Re: Not sure if there is already a thread...

Post by Mickey Mouse » November 10th, 2011, 12:30 am

Im debating weather to get it on 360 or PC... Ill probably end up getting both... lol
word count: 17

Seraph21

Post by Seraph21 » November 10th, 2011, 2:14 am

I would get it, but Ive already played it. *begins playing CoD4*
word count: 12

KustomElvis

Post by KustomElvis » November 10th, 2011, 2:14 am

Uh... What... I really messed up with the blops stuff and that game was such a horrible port and it did not get any better for a long time. I am sure it is fine now, but day one was pure junk. I will get this game when they have some kind of deep sale. It really does not bring a whole lot of new content, so it feels like an ending to the story and an over priced expansion to CoD4.

Sorry that I cannot get it now, but no one is really getting it other than yourself, plus I have fallen in love with BF3. The good thing though is that mw3 does not need a beast computer to run.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
word count: 126

Blacko

Post by Blacko » November 10th, 2011, 7:06 am

Everything I've heard is pretty much negative. It's the same old formula and for those expecting something new are going to be disappointed. Which for the fans of recent COD releases means you're bound to enjoy it.

At my local game shop an employee described it as a very expensive map pack for Modern Warfare 2 and at $100 (AUD) it wasn't worth it, he returned his copy instantly. That they they apparently didn't even bother updating the sounds for it. But really every COD release after MW1 has been criticized so everyone's complaining is getting rather tiresome. Truth is if you've liked everyone in the series so far, go ahead and get it, though you might be more financially well off hiring it for the single player and playing the previous games for MP.
word count: 142

shadowsbane
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: STEAM_0:0:9248565

Post by shadowsbane » November 10th, 2011, 8:20 am

The modern combat games are starting to get old to people. MW, BF etc. Just like WWII games got old to people before them. Next they'll try a different genre and squeeze it for everything it's worth and the cycle continues.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
word count: 47

KingSteve1337
Steam Profile: KingSteve032

Post by KingSteve1337 » November 10th, 2011, 9:21 am

ElvisGent68 wrote:Uh... What... I really messed up with the blops stuff and that game was such a horrible port and it did not get any better for a long time. I am sure it is fine now, but day one was pure junk. I will get this game when they have some kind of deep sale. It really does not bring a whole lot of new content, so it feels like an ending to the story and an over priced expansion to CoD4.

Sorry that I cannot get it now, but no one is really getting it other than yourself, plus I have fallen in love with BF3. The good thing though is that mw3 does not need a beast computer to run.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Agreed.
word count: 129
He said to them,“...if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one."
Luke 22:36

Wolfeman

Post by Wolfeman » November 10th, 2011, 9:28 am

Limited finances means I haven't played a COD or BF game in a while. I played BF2142 for a long time. They did a great job with the game. Vehicles were fairly intuitive and not so overpowered they made the foot soldier obsolete. Weapons and gameplay were also really nice. Maps were limited but well put together so play on them was great. Eventually Dice moved on and the cheaters moved in so I bought and played COD4 for a while. Gameplay on COD4 was not as much fun. Problems like nade spam were frustrating and there seemed to be a lot more cheaters from day 1. No vehicles was also a big downer.

Personally, from past experience, I'd buy (on sale) a BF series game before I would a COD series. But that's based solely upon BF2142 and COD4.

And I don't play console games.
word count: 150

Seraph21

Post by Seraph21 » November 10th, 2011, 12:41 pm

Well lets see, we've already soaked up the WW2 Hero, the Grizzled Space Marine, the Modern Combat Soldier, and the Young Teen with a Magical Sword.

Whats next?
word count: 29

Mickey Mouse
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: Quiten

Post by Mickey Mouse » November 10th, 2011, 1:11 pm

Wolfeman wrote:Limited finances means I haven't played a COD or BF game in a while. I played BF2142 for a long time. They did a great job with the game. Vehicles were fairly intuitive and not so overpowered they made the foot soldier obsolete. Weapons and gameplay were also really nice. Maps were limited but well put together so play on them was great. Eventually Dice moved on and the cheaters moved in so I bought and played COD4 for a while. Gameplay on COD4 was not as much fun. Problems like nade spam were frustrating and there seemed to be a lot more cheaters from day 1. No vehicles was also a big downer.

Personally, from past experience, I'd buy (on sale) a BF series game before I would a COD series. But that's based solely upon BF2142 and COD4.

And I don't play console games.

w00t w00t! BF2142 was pretty awesome I thought.

everyone knows that ever since COD4 they have just been reskinning the game and adding new guns and little features. MW3 has the biggest change Id say with the new style of "point streaks" and custom class, which is probably the only reason Im really interested in it at all.
word count: 210