Wanted Adventurers! (PT 3)

Discuss games other than CC Divisions here; web based, pc, or console

What campaign setting

Poll ended at April 15th, 2018, 6:49 pm

Homebrew (meaning custom setting will take me about 3 to 4 weeks to prepare)
33%
Official (meaning coming from official books will take me about a week to prepare)
No votes
No Preference
67%

Total votes: 6

cappiman
Steam Profile: STEAM_0:1:32234823

Wanted Adventurers! (PT 3)

Post by cappiman » April 1st, 2018, 6:49 pm

Alright! So this is the third part of this post series. since it has been about two weeks since the last post and the poll has ended, and the results are in. We will be using Roll20, now you will need to create an account but that is it. I do recommend signing up for dndbeyond as it has an official character sheet generator and also every spell and weapon to boot, this you will need to sign up for, and this is also free, unless you want to access additional content. If we do original content some of the adventure modules will contain events that will be borderline R rating however nothing too extreme, but will take a lot less time on my end to prep. IF we go home-brew it will take me an additional 3 to 4 weeks to set everything up.

PS. Voting it open for 2 weeks from post date and time, think about it before you vote.

[Links for websites mention]
http://www.roll20.net
http://www.dndbeyond.com
word count: 176

mario
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: marioeknecht
Origin Profile: marioeknecht
UPlay Player: marioeknecht
Battle.net Profile: marioeknecht

Re: Wanted Adventurers! (PT 3)

Post by mario » April 4th, 2018, 8:20 pm

okay then ... here's my reply ... since you mentioned people can reply as well ; )

I have absolutely no idea what either way would result in but I guess creating your own story could maybe give all of us more freedom, freedom we may need ... I've never played any game like that before so if you're still okay with me joining you I'd ask you to please also be patient with me ; ) ... apart from that I would say that currently it'd probably be a good idea if we'd meet on weekends - everyone should have enough time then or am I mistaken? thanks for reading through my ramble : )
word count: 111

cappiman
Steam Profile: STEAM_0:1:32234823

Post by cappiman » April 5th, 2018, 9:07 pm

mario wrote:okay then ... here's my reply ... since you mentioned people can reply as well ; )

I have absolutely no idea what either way would result in but I guess creating your own story could maybe give all of us more freedom, freedom we may need ...
Ok I should have clarified, what adventure modules are, is like a campaign in a video game. You go from Point A to B aka a Hallway. These are published by Wizards of The Coast(tm) and are officially supported by them, or are authorized from the 5e Source Reference Document (SRD for short).

Homebrew is a Home Campaign made up by the DM (Dungeon Master Aka the person who runs the game) and can contain anything from high/Low action, mysteries, better backstory integrations, ect. This will take me the longest. More than likely at first we will be doing an adventure module, not sure which one yet, still reading them over to make sure that it is OK for me to run in CC. More than likely from the looks of it will be "Hoard of the Dragon Queen" Adventure module for now until I can get time or the energy to make an adventure module.
mario wrote: I've never played any game like that before so if you're still okay with me joining you I'd ask you to please also be patient with me ; ) ... apart from that I would say that currently it'd probably be a good idea if we'd meet on weekends - everyone should have enough time then or am I mistaken? thanks for reading through my ramble : )
We will have a session 0 for those who have not touched Dungeons and Dragons at all. I will run down the basics of the game, and what is needed. Also help you guys create character sheets, so on and so forth.
word count: 315

mario
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: marioeknecht
Origin Profile: marioeknecht
UPlay Player: marioeknecht
Battle.net Profile: marioeknecht

Post by mario » April 7th, 2018, 12:01 pm

thank you very much for explaining it some more ... I'm looking forward to checking the whole thing out : )
word count: 19