Splinter Cell: Conviction.

Discuss games other than CC Divisions here; web based, pc, or console
Bond
CC Member
CC Member

Splinter Cell: Conviction.

Post by Bond » January 3rd, 2011, 1:36 am

Ok so I was looking at a bunch of reviews and it looks like a really good game with an 8-9 point average. Only problems I've found is A: VERY strong language. Though for realism if I was a guard for some of these guys and a spy was sniping my buddies I would probably say some of the things they do. And B: I've never played any of the other Splinter games so I can't really judge if it would be a good game for me or not.

So what do you guys think? Is it a good game and is it worth the money/putting up with the language or not?
word count: 117

Blacko

Re: Splinter Cell: Conviction.

Post by Blacko » January 3rd, 2011, 6:20 am

RENT.

That's my advice, the game is too short overall.
The only problem with it, as stated was the language is VERY heavy throughout it, every guy you shoot at will throw out a F!@# or S#!&. You probably won't get most of the story having not played the previous in the series, but it won't stop you from enjoying it.. probably.

The game is great for co-op though, me and a friend played through it, lasted about 5 hours I think, it was very fun, one of th best co-op games I've played in a while. Co-op is a different campaign to SP though.

And Conviction is definately not like the others in the series, this is more fast paced, and less stealth, it's huge departure from the original gameplay, but it's fun in it's own way, more of a 3rd person shooter now.

Overall, I'd recommend it as a rent. Buying would just be a waste of money, unless you only have a PC, then try and get it on sale
word count: 184

noname875
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: noname875

Post by noname875 » January 3rd, 2011, 9:18 am

Blacko wrote:every guy you shoot at will throw out a F!@# or S#!&.

They throw fudge and soup at you?! :D

Anyways... i have heard that the language is actually on an unrealistic level, since these "highly trained soldiers" are cussing like gangsters. but other then that, seems like a good game :)
word count: 52

Bond
CC Member
CC Member

Post by Bond » January 3rd, 2011, 11:55 am

Blacko: The short single-player was one of the things that seems to be the biggest minus in every review I've seen. But I think mixed with the multiplayer/co-op/going through the single-player again may make it worth the money. And no I'm a proud 95% PC gamer and don't have any of the new more "online". Only one I got is a PS2 and I don't play it too much. Guess I'll try to aim for it when a sales going.

Noname: Lol that's probably a better way to discribe the heavy language.
word count: 103

SARGE
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: sgtsarge

Post by SARGE » January 3rd, 2011, 11:58 am

[tab]15[/tab]Its a fairly good game.[tab]5[/tab] I forget how frequently they use foul language in it since I'm usually more focused on getting the guy than listening to what he's blabbering on about.[tab]5[/tab] The enemies do have a tendency to talk an unnecessary amount once you've been noticed.[tab]5[/tab] I presume you're thinking of getting it for PC, which means you can't rent it, like Blacko is suggesting, due to the DRM.[tab]5[/tab] Unless you know someone who you'll be able to co-op it with the game does wind up feeling a bit short.

If this version ever goes on sale it's worth it since you get a lot of the other Splinter Cell games. http://store.steampowered.com/sub/4158/
For the next hour the pack and conviction it self will be on sale one Steam.
word count: 157

Bond
CC Member
CC Member

Post by Bond » January 3rd, 2011, 1:06 pm

Cool thanks Sarge for posting that. I didn't notice the pack and missed the deal but it's still looks like a good deal.
word count: 25