A nice little forums addition!

Talk about anything and everything that is on that little mind of yours!
NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations
Articles: 0

A nice little forums addition!

Post by NeoJabez » May 15th, 2018, 10:08 am

Everyone,

It's my pleasure to announce a small upgrade to our forums system that I think people (especially new registrants) will like!

If you were to register for the very first time today, you would see the choice to connect using one of the Social Links listed:

These same services can also be used to 'one-click' log-in to the forums.

Most of us, that are already registered users or even members, can still link our existing social media accounts to our existing logins through our User Control Panel.

Click on this tab:

For reference: Your Battle.net, or Steam, or similar account will login, but if it's not linked to your account, then it will have "Registered Member" status, and will not be linked to your existing post count or your access level or whatever groups you might be a part of.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

I will be removing the Facebook connection probably sometime in July. Facebook has changed their practices related to the use of their API, which forces people using things like this social login to 'jump through hoops' in order to continue using the services. Also, most people here don't particularly want to login with their real (Facebook) name, and would prefer the drama here and in Facebook do not mingle together.

I *CAN* connect other networks and website accounts, but I think the initial ones you see are plenty for now. The point of this action is to make registration and logging in a breeze. From now on, if someone comes into our Discord, having found us on Twitch, Youtube, or even from a Google search, they will be able to register and log-in to our system with that very same login, in essentially one click.

Hope you like it and try it out! Please, as always, send me any bug reports, or questions, or anything like that. Enjoy!

P.S. If, for any reason, the login doesn't appear to do anything, you should hold CTRL+SHIFT and press DEL. When the box pops up, please choose to clear your cache, offline website data, and cookies. This will clear all of your existing logins, including those at CC, so understand you will be logging in at all of your favorite sites again. Once your cookies have been cleared, it should work perfectly.
word count: 390
If serving is below you, leadership is beyond you. - Anonymous

Coram Deo, Soli Deo Gloria

Kesarahk
Council Member
Council Member

Re: A nice little forums addition!

Post by Kesarahk » May 15th, 2018, 11:42 am

Worth a Discord announcement?

Edit: because the majority of those people will never see it here...
word count: 16

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Re: A nice little forums addition!

Post by NeoJabez » May 15th, 2018, 3:37 pm

I will be putting that up in a bit, yes.
word count: 10
If serving is below you, leadership is beyond you. - Anonymous

Coram Deo, Soli Deo Gloria