What does CC mean to YOU!!! Open to Post anytime!!!

Talk about anything and everything that is on that little mind of yours!
Globalkoas
Council Advisor
Council Advisor

What does CC mean to YOU!!! Open to Post anytime!!!

Post by Globalkoas » October 27th, 2015, 3:40 am

After some very good discussion among 5/6 of us tonight in ts a few questions come to mind that we need and very much want your opinion on..

1. What does CC mean to you personally??

2. How involved do you feel you are in CC?? ie how invested are you? is it just a place to game or is something more for you??

3. What would you like to see different around here??? please be honest!!

4. Do you think the council members spend enough time interacting with the community???
forums/ingame/ts??? What could they do different to help you to get to personally know them better??

5. Idea's??? anything that you can think of.. good or bad..

I encourage you to post what your heart feels. Good or bad this will help with things moving forward. If you do not feel comfortable posting something please pm me and I will make a post for you.. You can stay out of the lime light :biggrin: .. Growth will not come without new ideas and some discussion about things that don't sit well with you..

I will be blasting this link out on steam for the next few days to the CC group to remind you to post on it.. Again if you don't want something with your name on it pm me and I will make the post for you..

Thank You all,
God Bless Global
word count: 240
#RomansMissYa!
https://youtu.be/ea5A8wEIwIg

Matirum
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: Matirum

Re: What does CC mean to YOU!!!

Post by Matirum » October 27th, 2015, 9:34 am

I have been a part of a variety of online clans over the years, and 2 or 3 were Christian clans. For me I clan with CC for two reasons. The first reason is the community of players that play the same games I play(league of legends). everyone here knows it is much more fun to be able to play with groups of people you can interact with more then you would with randoms you are pared with match to match. the second reason is the forums. I like being able to see view points and discuss ideas and I also like to be able to conduct conversations game related in a forum style.

2. How involved do you feel you are in CC?? ie how invested are you? is it just a place to game or is something more for you??

I'm not sure how to answer this one, I wouldn't say I'm invested because that would mean there is expectations expected of me from the community, but I stay active on the forums, and I am actually pretty active on ts, but I play in the mornings mostly so many don't see me. If it was all about gaming for me then I would be apart of a different clan that focuses on the game alone or simply no clan at all.

Morning league players ;). I would like to see more players be involved in the game forums. the league forums is pretty dead and has been for some time. I think there are division leaders for league but I'm not sure who they are or what they do as far as organization. I have been with the clan for almost 2 years now and I have seen several failed attempts at organizing some event for league. so to sum up I would like to see the leaders of the league group be more vocal, even if its just making themselves known to the regular members.

4. Do you think the council members spend enough time interacting with the community???
forums/ingame/ts??? What could they do different to help you to get to personally know them better??

I commend the council for how active they are on the forums, and I feel I know them as well as can be expected simply from forum activity. like I mentioned earlier I play in the mornings so I don't see too many people on ts when I'm on. I don't think there is anything the council could do differently for my case due to my online times.

I would like to see more league activity on the forums. because of my game times I'm not on when most of our league players and because there are not updates on the forums I'm out of the loop if something is going on. there was also talk of changing Sunday meeting day. for me it interferes with my Sunday night church, and I'm surprised it doesn't for more people.
word count: 544

Cal-Hobbes
Steam Profile: Cal-Hobbes
Battle.net Profile: CalHobbes#1941

Post by Cal-Hobbes » October 27th, 2015, 11:39 am

1. I've been around CC for almost a year now, you guys have been good friends and gaming buddies. I honestly can't stand the attitudes from most non-christian servers/groups, so you guys have been answer to prayer and this is a safe haven so to speak.

2. Welp, I feel pretty involved. Considering I've invested my time/money/awesome sense of humor into this group I'd say CC means a something to me. Like I said before, it's nice to have brothers and sisters in Christ to game with and enjoy their company.

3. I would like to see more "CC"s in TS, it seems like we'll have 6 admins, a council member, and a regular in a channel and no "CC"s. Idk if that's because all the regular CCs got promoted or if the CC population is dwindling. Just a thought I've had recently. I also feel like having that many admins in a channel can be intimidating for regulars and new-comers.

4. I'm always happy to see a council member around, everyone has a real life here and I'm glad they take what time they can out of their schedule to hangout/play games :thup:

5. I'm wondering if it would beneficial to have a list of active members and the games they play. A list like this could help DLs to organize events and make sure people know about it. Also, I think the CC steam group should send out an announcement for events like LoL night, RL night, TF2 night to remind everyone about them.
word count: 274

KustomElvis

Post by KustomElvis » October 27th, 2015, 3:35 pm

I have already spoken many times of these things in teamspeak through council and through admins, but for me above all of these things that I have spoken through the years is the desire for the COMMUNITY to be involved. The council, admins, DLs, and what have you can only do so much. This place is dead in the water without proper community communication, so please do not stand by lurking or thinking if you should or should not speak up your voice for these matters and anything else you wish to communicate.

No one here will call you an idiot for any ideas you may have, concerns, opinions, questions, or anything you wish to share on the forums, ts, or the proper time during game time. DO NOT BE SHY!
word count: 131

watermage856

Post by watermage856 » October 27th, 2015, 5:35 pm

Globalkoas wrote:After some very good discussion among 5/6 of us tonight in ts a few questions come to mind that we need and very much want your opinion on..

a place to hang out with some of the ppl to play mutual games we have.

Now that more ppl have been influenced to go to other places to communicate... Im not... So just games :D

Here we come to the only reason I am posting on this, because the rest is just filler. This question made me think of Darty's post in Serious Talk "Converting Atheists" In the article it mentions a lot about how to approach a situation and person/s about the issue without being over bearing. Try not demoralizing them or asserting your self the greater. Try appealing more to reason and rational ideas. Consider you might be wrong and they might be right as a approach. Small things like this can make immense changes in everyone's conduct because it actually makes you a more caring person towards others and they will sense it.

I think we just need a general grounding of authorities in general. Most of them are pretty good but some are very off set and take things way to personally. The abuse of power is what makes this place constantly go through this rough draft of issues all the time. On that note as well the sharing of power seems to be very inconsistent and questionable only causing more issues. It would be great if you took the above tactics and put them into play. Dont get me wrong there are a lot of good admins, and DL leaders.. However my limited interactions with Council have not been good and when I ask I usually get the "he doesn't mean to be.." or "Yea we know ..." Grant it I have had some good experiences with 1, maybe 2, but the bad seems be out weigh the good. If summary of things doesn't help or work then I leave u with this thought "If you have to ask, then you will never know." -IDK

Try being consistent :D

I encourage you to post what your heart feels. Good or bad this will help with things moving forward. If you do not feel comfortable posting something please pm me and I will make a post for you.. You can stay out of the lime light :biggrin: .. Growth will not come without new ideas and some discussion about things that don't sit well with you..

I will be blasting this link out on steam for the next few days to the CC group to remind you to post on it.. Again if you don't want something with your name on it pm me and I will make the post for you..

Thank You all,
God Bless Global
word count: 568

oxygencube

Post by oxygencube » October 28th, 2015, 1:36 pm

First off... Thx for posting this Global!

121 views and only 4 responses... It has become really clear to me that there really is a core group that views this place a bit differently then the vast majority.

It means a lot mainly because of the friendships that have formed over the 7+ years I have been around. Those relationships coupled with my love of gaming are the reasons I am invested in this place. I want others to experience the same great relationships I have over the years.... Also, this is a great place to share the good news with others that haven't heard it or need to hear it in a new way.

Pretty involved.. Check the forums daily, managed TF2 and Insurgency servers, redesigned logo/website, been admin and served as tech support, currently working on overhauling the branding and managing social media...Game 2/3 nights a week and am on TS about 5-10 hrs a week.

Unity in vision and direction. Core group that plays together often. Increased humility/serventhood attitude from council v/s 'I run this place' attitude (seen some improvements recently but not there yet).

Recent improvements should help, mainly AD as he is really the only CM I play games with, wish I played with others but they are either MIA or play other games.

[*] Develop/maintain a chart that maps our current community and sub groups, numbers, activity, involvement.
[*] Host an 'Open CC vision meeting' that is required to attend by all CMs and DLs (tech support not required but desired)
[*]Email a questionnaire like this to every email in our forums database with a $20 steam card to a random winner who completed the survey.
[*]Record/post meetings weekly
[*]Explore the idea of only bringing on DL's that are bought in the the larger vision, (invite people to F2P or community events, push people to cross pollinate to other games)
[*]Make attendance to 3/4 meetings a requirement for all CMs.
[*]Make CA's votes count for 1/2 or 1/4 of a full vote on issues... If they aren't around as much then don't carry as much weight.
[*]Develop roadmap for the next 3 months 6 months or year. Do we have a long term goal(s) or vision or do we go with the flow and see what happens?
[*]Get rid of the unneeded titles/groups/tags (Shieldmaidens/Old men ect..) it comes across as though if you are 'in with the council then you get some special treatment or a unique tag on the forums. This doesn't promote unity and is not needed. If you don't get rid of them then I request 'Super Awesome Artist' With a bright red tag.
[*]Be strategic with our server space which games coming up will allow for self-hosted servers? One I have in mind: joinsquad.com
[*]Competitions, Monthly group event, Free to play game of the month...

I could go on but gotta get back to work.

Once again, thanks Global!
word count: 604

Globalkoas
Council Advisor
Council Advisor

Post by Globalkoas » October 28th, 2015, 3:13 pm

Oxy np.. Everyone in the CC steam group will get a steam event announcement for the next few days around 6pm and I just mass pm'd the registered user on the forums.. :biggrin: That one should wake a few hiding under a rock..

Honestly I was hoping to get 8/10 post per day thru sat.. maybe that's setting the bar a little high?? We shall see.. Any info is good info, so the more the better..

OUt!
word count: 79
#RomansMissYa!
https://youtu.be/ea5A8wEIwIg

Imagine Wagons
Steam Profile: STEAM_0:1:32234823

Post by Imagine Wagons » October 28th, 2015, 3:21 pm

CC to me means a place where I can be a Christian, and witness to others while playing video games! Both things that I love to do.

Do I need to answer this one? *laughs* But in all honesty, I am really invested into CC not just by being tech support but rather as a person who just simply just hangs around in the forums I feel quite involved.

I think that more synergy between CMs/CAs/Tech/Members would be appreciated. I know this goes both ways but it would be nice to see. Also, free coffee, that would be a plus....just kidding I had to put a witty comment down.

Honestly? No, the only few people that I have seen in-game and on TS are Goatman, AD, Ongurth, and Global. Out of those they are the most active ones when it comes to activity. It would be nice to see them on more often, but I understand that most people have jobs, and other responsibilities. The others could be on but not sure most of the time as they are more than likely playing LoL.

Going to what I said before about the Synergy between the leaders, and the community members. It would be nice if there were more events dealing with the leaders of the group vs. Community members, or have more challenges like before. Those were fun.

As for getting this place out there, I know a few Christian Stations that do advertisements relatively cheap, and helps support them as they grow. But let the community handle the Advertisements but give them permission first.
word count: 363

GingerAvenger
Council Advisor
Council Advisor
Steam Profile: ccGingerAvenger
Origin Profile: ccGingerAvenger
Battle.net Profile: GingerAvenge#1819

Post by GingerAvenger » October 28th, 2015, 4:29 pm

CC means family for me. After my second kid, I was stressed, playing referee, etc. at home and desperately needed an outlet for my mind (a little more than just a hamster in a wheel). Ryvaldus encouraged me to try online gaming. I told him I wanted to play something fun/funny/silly. He suggested tf2. I actually taught myself at first while Ryvaldus was at work so I could figure out how I play the game - not how others play the game. You see, that was the first "game" I've ever played since the original Atari... yeah. My cousin used to play on stock1 and told me about it. I joined the server and was immediately massacred. Repeatedly. I had never even used the wasd keys for such, so i was learning that, too. I played and began to listen to people, tho didn't start talking until well after I'd played for a while. I loved my time with this group. No matter how bad I was, they encouraged me, gave me tips and they were almost always loving about it. lol I decided to apply. I literally checked the forums daily to see if there was any news if I'd be accepted. I am an all or nothing type person, so when I joined - it was on. :) What time isn't given to my family, goes to CC. I dearly love my server, my regs and all my CC people and you are all prayed for daily. What started as an outlet grew into family. I hope CC lives on long enough for my littles to join. :)

I'm all in, baby! lol

A snack bar would be nice... Perhaps a drink machine. Also, more inter-gaming people (playing more than just one or two games). I hear they've got a jam up TF2 server! ;)

I probably should spend more time there, but so much of my time is on the forums and the tf2 server. I will try to bounce on more. I need to do better at that. :)

More event nights for all games, both F2P and some that are not. Get folks involved. Have an idea? bring it!!! Let's talk! (As long as you don't mention the word Hydro - not happenin... lol)
word count: 477

Clarence
Council Advisor
Council Advisor

Post by Clarence » October 28th, 2015, 5:00 pm

I have been around CC for a long time, checking the forums out 5 or 6 times everyday since 2005 and posted almost every day. So I guess it has become very much a part of my life. I enjoy reading the posts and the fellowship that comes with being around like minded people. So it means a great deal to me being a part of this community even though I have actually met just three members in all that time, I feel like I know many of you personally.

Like I said I have posted nearly every day for the last ten years, however, I don't feel that it was a very arduous task. I was a long time member of the council. I don't game online anymore so this is my place to go.

I would like to see a more varied representation on the council to more reflect the community and that would include a ACC rep and another female member of the council

I don't believe there was any council member on TS less than me, when I do look at TS I don't see many ppl on except in AFK.

None really.

NB 'Old men' is not a title it is a fact for me :tongue:
word count: 306