What does CC mean to YOU!!! Open to Post anytime!!!

Talk about anything and everything that is on that little mind of yours!
Noctis
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: ccNoctis

Re: What does CC mean to YOU!!! Open to Post anytime!!!

Post by Noctis » January 12th, 2016, 10:36 am

[quote="Globalkoas"][color=#BFFF00]After some very good discussion among 5/6 of us tonight in ts a few questions come to mind that we need and very much want your opinion on..

1. CC was placed in my life at a moment when I needed a Christian community most. I had moved to college, it was a well-known party town, and I was concerned that my new found faith would be compromised. I stumbled onto a FISH server for CS:S and was stunned by the level of mature Christ-centered conversation, and that they welcomed non-Christians with the expectation that they were polite and mature as well, encouraging conversations so that we could help them understand our faith more. I began playing on the FISH servers exclusively for quite a while after that.

2. I used to be very involved. TS bible studies every week, gaming with several CC friends, praying over one another, PMs on the forum, etc. I have been practically non-existent lately. I struggle with potential game addiction now and didn't manage my time well. I had to step away, and I'm trying to refocus my life on Christ. If I'm going to game in the future, it has to be with the intention of serving Jesus through the medium, and I'm hoping to become more involved in CC as a way of keeping me grounded and accountable with my spare time (not always gaming).

3. Not sure, more interaction on the next-gen consoles would be great!

4. They do wonderfully. I think the new council members could step up a little more and reach out to the members who aren't as active, helping bridge that awkward, "Where do I fit in here?" theme that can often plague newcomers or long time absentees.

5. More active console presence. There are plenty of Christian gamers who don't play PC games. Our presence (possibly a server or two) would help make the new consoles a haven for gamers who enjoy a clean and positive community of like-minded individuals who put their faith first.

Thanks!

N0c†iS/Kris
Last edited by Noctis on January 21st, 2016, 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 361
"As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend."
Proverbs 27:17 NLT

PeekABoo
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: STEAM_0:1:24936882

Post by PeekABoo » January 12th, 2016, 4:13 pm

I LOVE being part of a clan that strives for Fellowship, Spiritual Growth, and A Clean Environment! No Clan is perfect - just as none of us is perfect as it's individuals. We all have different Upbringings, different Experiences, different amounts of Time available, and different Levels of Spiritual Maturity. But regardless of our Differences, we are different parts of one body. We have different ideas to try, different ways of responding to conflict, different styles and types of games we enjoy, different experiences we've been through but we all share this one body of the CC Clan.

I'm reminded of 1 Corinthians 12:14-27 when Paul is speaking to the Church.

14 So the body is not made up of just one part. It has many parts. 15 Suppose the foot says, “I am not a hand. So I don’t belong to the body.” By saying this, it cannot stop being part of the body. 16 And suppose the ear says, “I am not an eye. So I don’t belong to the body.” By saying this, it cannot stop being part of the body. 17 If the whole body were an eye, how could it hear? If the whole body were an ear, how could it smell? 18 God has placed each part in the body just as he wanted it to be. 19 If all the parts were the same, how could there be a body? 20 As it is, there are many parts. But there is only one body.

21 The eye can’t say to the hand, “I don’t need you!” The head can’t say to the feet, “I don’t need you!” 22 In fact, it is just the opposite. The parts of the body that seem to be weaker are the ones we can’t do without. 23 The parts that we think are less important we treat with special honor. The private parts aren’t shown. But they are treated with special care. 24 The parts that can be shown don’t need special care. But God has put together all the parts of the body. And he has given more honor to the parts that didn’t have any. 25 In that way, the parts of the body will not take sides. All of them will take care of one another. 26 If one part suffers, every part suffers with it. If one part is honored, every part shares in its joy. 27 You are the body of Christ. Each one of you is a part of it.

I LOVE this Body of Members! We should strive to share in each others' Triumphs and Failures, Joys and Pain. Let God's Love and Grace guide our responses to each other. We're all on this Journey of Life and it's nice to have others willing to help each other to make it a little better. No, we're not perfect or the same - but I wouldn't have it any other way! ^_^

word count: 508
If God is for us, then who can stand against us?

Kixxter

Post by Kixxter » February 10th, 2016, 1:21 am

Like others have stated, I have been a member of a few online Christian Gaming Communities, most of which(if not all) have disbanded, and while I may not be on, often, I do appreciate the group. I'm not on often enough to answer most of the other questions;however, I do know one thing for a suggestion(at least to help me, please), trying to find real life Christian groups(OR online) that play DND?
word count: 77