What does CC mean to YOU!!! Open to Post anytime!!!

Talk about anything and everything that is on that little mind of yours!
Deg
Steam Profile: Deg

Re: What does CC mean to YOU!!!

Post by Deg » October 28th, 2015, 7:27 pm

1. I consider CC a safe place to play; I tend to avoid unmoderated public servers. I've made a few friends here as well.
2. I'm considering starting up a CC small group book club or some other way to deepen my involvement, but lately I haven't had much time in online communities.
3. I'd love to see a CC Slack channel to chat with people throughout the day. :)

All the best,
Deg
word count: 77

Aaronander
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: Aaronander
Origin Profile: Aaronanders
Battle.net Profile: Aaronander

Post by Aaronander » October 28th, 2015, 9:35 pm

I've posted my thoughts on this before but CC was definitely a chance for me to branch out and meet new people. I have met many many fine people on this site and I have learned I don't necessarily HAVE to just have friends that agree with me or my viewpoints. So to me, CC should = friendships.

Not as involved as I have been but I have since learned a lot about myself. I'm a supporter and a friend, I don't want to be in the 'leader' category.

Drastic measure would be to do away with all titles, but I've come to understand that we do need people who are willing to lead. Lead by example, not by a title. You should be more active than anyone else.
I also feel like we take things a bit too seriously around here. Things get blown out of proportion and big long, ranty, posts get put up about this tragedy and that tragedy. Let's get back to the roots... Christians who like to play games. I truly believe it can be that easy.

This hits close to home and I have lots of friends on Council so I won't call any of you out. However, no, not by a long shot. I would rather they show up for none of the 'meetings' and just show up to play with people. I respect leading by example, nothing else. You want the community to be active, then be active.

We have serious problems if non-Christian communities can have less drama than a Christian one. Stop enabling, supporting, or giving any credence to drama.

Hope this didn't come off too harsh! Love you all and I'm proud to be a member :)
word count: 301

Globalkoas
Council Advisor
Council Advisor

Post by Globalkoas » October 28th, 2015, 10:10 pm

3/4/5 ... Well said... Thanks Aaron
word count: 7
#RomansMissYa!
https://youtu.be/ea5A8wEIwIg

GAKINACTION
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: GamemanAdvKid

Post by GAKINACTION » October 29th, 2015, 4:54 pm

1. What does CC mean to you personally??

A community of Christian Gamers placing god first and gaming second. A place where i can socially network with others.

2. How involved do you feel you are in CC?? ie how invested are you? is it just a place to game or is something more for you??

I feel like i have stopped investing loads of time into CC and just little. I used to go to bible meetings but now my job has me busy on most thursdays (other times i just feel like i have no energy to get on).

I remember i used to play battlefield with a few people here who have now gone off to play other games i really do not like because league of legends and a couple of others are not interesting to me at all. I like counter strike 1.6, quake, battlefield, half life deathmatch, and so on, but RTS is just not my style. im kind of a more...fast paced? gamer.

I remember when i was driving home and first time i started up teamspeak while i was on the road, i met two people in there that i had a good time being with (we were talking about you tube videos and where my location was). Then i come in a few more times and i ended up interrupting peoples "teamspeaking" or "teamwork speak" so i just stopped.

3. What would you like to see different around here??? please be honest!!

you wanted honesty, you got it coming. dont go crying to mama about it.

I want to play games with other christians in here that i actaully like playing. such as sven co-op, half life deathmatch, quake, battlefield, speed chess (chess.com), multiwinia, sanctum, or games like the ones i listed above.

I know that we are to place but god first in this community but does it really have to be so boring with these lame games like league of legends? i dont want to watch my character running around, i want to BE that character running around in fast paced action! i want to be mashing my left mouse button like crazy instead of clicking the attack button!

or am i becoming a dying breed?

4. Do you think the council members spend enough time interacting with the community???
forums/ingame/ts??? What could they do different to help you to get to personally know them better??

not sure, i am rarely here. i would respond to some posts, but the number i know i can try responding to is so small.

5. Idea's??? anything that you can think of.. good or bad..

i dont care if you like playing league or not. but it really sucks when i am the only man in the room with people who like to play games that i dont like it play. ill read the bible with you (when i can), but you wont see me playing slow paced games like league of legends with you.

and i wish i could join in more discussions in team speak instead of listening to team work.i dont mind hearing both, but if that cant be done, i will just leave you alone with your game.

i know i sound harsh, but this is me expressing through a keyboard how i feel. if i could voice it out, im sure it may sound a little better and more clear with that my intentions are being here. but just to be extra clear,

I like the fact that this is a christian gaming community. i like (again when i can) reading the bible with you guys, but those slow paced games you play now are not so interesting to me. if we cant come to an agreement about these games, then i will continue on in peace until something happens.
word count: 651

Mouse
ACC Member
ACC Member

Post by Mouse » October 29th, 2015, 5:59 pm

A lot of things. CC means playing in the Big, banning cheaters, banning any one of the on-again-off-again troublemakers, changing my name all the time to embarass admins who didn't use sm_who regularly. A lot of Counter-Strike. Ya'll, I had to make up hours my senior year of high school (I didn't, really though, because the choir teacher and I were bros) because I missed a significant amount of that semester in order to play more CS. My wife, then my girlfriend, had to knock on my bedroom window (my phone was dead or on silent who knows) because my parents were out of town and I had missed the fact a hurricane (Ike) was about to go all Kool-Aid man on us. It means lots of forum posts, lots of rambling. And all of it matters because this is a community that I trust. I share things with some of you individually, and sometimes with the whole internet (that comes to read these forums) because I trust this place. I enjoy the time I spend here - in TS, on the forums, or in game - differently than I enjoy the same time spent elsewhere. We can disagree about things in great length and detail, but mostly it's gonna be done with love and respect. So, yeah. I trust you guys, and you trust me, even when I'm a jerk sometimes. Pretty sweeeet, ya'll.

2. How involved do you feel you are in CC?? ie how invested are you? is it just a place to game or is something more for you??
Involved? I check the forums pretty much every day after work, but I rarely post. Just thinking more before I post, I guess, and most of the times I proofread, I don't post it. I'm either arguing (its fun don't hate), ranting (for more examples, I'm pretty sure you can just keep scrolling through this undoubtedly long post) or not really adding anything more than the "I'm a special snowflake and these are my feelings" rant that's tangentially related to the topic. I've got at least two drafts for the Kim Davis thread in my drafts. I would love to game more with you guys, but I work weird hours, and I'm moody, and there isn't a CC CS:GO server. I wasn't able to start one. I think it would be epic, and I could finally stop joining teams to play with the same people two nights in a row. I mean, I pretty much play CS and single player games.

Seriously, ditch your current games, play CS:GO. Other than that, I'm not in touch enough to know. I'm honestly kind of considering making that investment of time, I miss this place. But, I work long and unpredictable days in the burrito mines, so getting the laundry done and getting in two meals a day is what I'm managing right now. And I really need to do laundry. So, we'll see?

4. Do you think the council members spend enough time interacting with the community???
forums/ingame/ts??? What could they do different to help you to get to personally know them better??

Again, I'm not up to date enough to know, but you're asking the right questions, amigo.

Okay, so, you've asked for ideas, good or bad, anything I can think of. Clearly, I'm going to exploit this.
Good Ideas
-Auto-pilot on a riding mower. It's like a hay ride for adults who like to keep the neighborhood looking sharp. Must include cup holder.
-Resting your steak before you cut it - give it at least 2 minutes if you can. Tender and juicy. Trust Mouse on this.
-A gaming mouse that's actually heavy. I want a tonka truck with buttons.
Bad Ideas
-Adding sentience to any of the good ideas.
word count: 700

Stargater59
Steam Profile: Stargater59

Post by Stargater59 » October 30th, 2015, 12:19 am

I joined the Christian Crew in 2007. I was always more of a homebody, and having moved a lot while growing up I never had many friends. I started playing TF2 when it came out and knew pretty much off the bat that I wanted to join a clan (something I had never done before). I never knew that "Christian" clans existed until a stumbled onto one of CC's servers.

Since then, I've never looked back or have considered going anywhere else. I've made some really great friends here and have always enjoyed the fellowship that we as a community have. I believe CC is, at its core, a community of Christian believers and gamers. It's a place where people can feel comfortable and free, relax, hang out with familiar and friendly people, and enjoy playing games, talking, and getting to know each other.

I believe that CC's mission is a tall task: Being committed to the ministry and growth of our community for the Kingdom of God, presenting the Gospel of Jesus Christ as the fundamental truth of God.

There has been many members, both past and present, who I have a great admiration of because of the wisdom and guidance they either have offered or do offer to the community. Spiritual growth ought to be at the top of our priority list and this used to be a big draw to CC for me as well.

Ugh.

That's how I feel.

The majority of my time in CC has either been serving on Council or in Tech Support, so my focused has rarely been on CC being just a place to game but rather making CC a better place to game.

I love being a part of this community and giving back to it. Life's circumstances, however, has taken over for the past several years. It's funny Global, because you once told me back in a day when I was VERY active that it would all change someday when I'd start a job and start chasing after a girl... That's exactly what happened!!

I jump on the forums pretty much every day, but very rarely ever post anything and I hardly play video games at all.

I miss the people who I used to interact with regularly. I desperately miss being involved like I used to be. I'd really like to find ways in my personal life to change that, not completely, but to an extent that would get me back into the swing of things a bit more again.

First, it's interesting to read the comments on the titles. Although I was at a time a proponent for them, I have to agree with ditching them. I've gone from working for a company that was very flat in structure (i.e. no titles) to a company that's very corporate (i.e. lots of titles). Here's the problem: It creates a sense of an "us vs. them" type environment and it's not beneficial to anybody.

Secondly, simplify the leadership structure. I agree with Oxy's point on unneeded titles/groups. Here's my honest feedback: Be on Council or don't be. Remove all other groups (with the exception of Tech Support and possibly Division Leaders which serves very specific functions). If someone isn't on Council because they don't have the time to commit, showing up as a regular member on the forums shouldn't prevent that person (or anyone else for that matter) from contributing in whatever capacity they can/want.

Third, if everyone in leadership today were to get struck by lightening and die, would CC continue to run as it does today? Would it be better or worse? We talked a long time ago about bringing the CC constitution back. The purpose was that there'd be a code of conduct, or governing rules, that the Council/leadership (and community!) would be held accountable to. We need to set CC up today to succeed in the future, with or without any of the existing leadership and membership.

Fourth, a challenge to everyone in CC: Really take to heart the CC mission:

We, the members of “The Christian Crew”, stand united in our effort to provide the online gaming community with a clean environment, of fellowship and exciting game play.

Our members will conduct themselves with integrity and decency, reflecting true Christian Character, in order that our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ might be honored and glorified.

We are committed to the ministry and growth of our community for the Kingdom of God, presenting the Gospel of Jesus Christ as the fundamental truth of God. Finally, we pledge to never forget that we are Christians first, and fellow gamers second.

I put the mission statement front and center on the home page purposely because I think it captures perfectly everything that CC needs to be. I believe the mission statement needs to be CC's "true north" and every decision we make needs to be surrounded by whether or not it fits within this mission.

I wouldn't know. :)

See question #3.
word count: 957

Michael Fedora
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: MikeFed
Origin Profile: MichaelFedorai
UPlay Player: MichaelFedora
Battle.net Profile: MikeFed#1151

Post by Michael Fedora » October 30th, 2015, 1:36 pm

1) What does CC mean to you?
A place to hangout with other awesome Christian (or nice ACC/R members :P) gamers/digital artists. I love -=ACE=- and would love it see spike back up again. Clean gaming environments and bible studies(!), as well as discussions. Love the opportunity to do all of these things.

2) How involed are you in CC? Just a place to game or something more?
*cough*, uh, pretty involved nowadays.

See 1

3) What would you like to see different around here?
I want to see Tykur back on the council.
I want upside down names banned.
I think everything looks really quite well right now, visual wise.
I want <insert already pending user here> to get on the Council.
I also want <insert other good friend of mine> to become an official CC member (and get 'officially' saved if that hasn't happened yet.)

I also want to talk to Clarence some day. Seems like I've missed something quite historically important in this group with him.

4) Do you think the Council Members spend enough time interacting with the Community?
No, especially that Deadlier D guy. Too quiet, never on TS. (Silly homework. Doesn't explain the muteness though :ninja:)
Globy watches too much football, but he hangs out.
A.D. plays RL a good amount, and hangs out in the hangout sometimes, so that's good.
Fedora does too much homework these days.
Ongurth is pretty decent, I know he's getting married soon and so I won't joke about that.
Ginger spends too much time in TF2 and not enough on TS. :tongue:
Goatman spends too much time in the LoL channel (but I guess someone has to do it..). He does also hangs out from time to time, so that's good too.
Shadowsbane I actually... don't see much at all. Though I think there was a reason.

5) Ideas?
I'd love to see a group project in -=ACE=-, though I'd have to get a round up of people involved. Maybe a short film? Small game? These are kinda huge, maybe more like an art exhibit or album, I dunno.

TF2 events are always fun!
word count: 365
[quote="Arca Jeth (SW Legends)"]"The enemy has found me, Ulic, but the enemy knows only darkness. I know something that enemy does not… I know the Light."[/quote]
On the Kingdom

"I didn't even know we had an army!" ~ Hunter, UK

Abyss

Post by Abyss » October 30th, 2015, 10:37 pm

iam not actually in CC but i consider you guys my brothers and sisters in Christ.
word count: 16

Jahwarrior
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: DrJahwarrior

Post by Jahwarrior » October 31st, 2015, 9:40 am

It's a collection of Christian gamers that I sometimes join for gameplay

Not at all invested, only a place to game, I don't fit in here. I don't feel like I belong here, I don't feel welcome.

Not sure.

I don't know that it would matter if these "council members" are spending time with the masses or interacting...
this question feels to me like an invitation from upon high to come and mingle with the low and unwashed, no thanks.

I have not any ideas - but I will leave a statement.
I'm a grown man. a retired Paratrooper of the US Army. a veteran christian gamer from multiple gaming fellowships. and I have never felt more disconnected from a group in my life. Do I spend a lot of time in TS getting to know people? No. because interacting in TS with you all is uncomfortable. It doesn't come across to me as a fellowship.
And as I am thinking on this while I type this, I have come to realize that I am not really a member of CC, so let's make that official, I think I am done here.
I'd say thanks to all the friends I've made here, but I haven't any.
I've attempted to game in TS, but the attitude there isn't what I want in a fellowship, but therein lies the problem I think...its not a fellowship, its a gaming group.
anyway, thanks for your time.
I'm done. Bye.
word count: 351

Crosser
Steam Profile: crosser222

Post by Crosser » October 31st, 2015, 11:35 am

Jahwarrior wrote:Do I spend a lot of time in TS getting to know people? No. because interacting in TS with you all is uncomfortable. It doesn't come across to me as a fellowship.
And as I am thinking on this while I type this, I have come to realize that I am not really a member of CC, so let's make that official, I think I am done here.
I'd say thanks to all the friends I've made here, but I haven't any.
I've attempted to game in TS, but the attitude there isn't what I want in a fellowship, but therein lies the problem I think...its not a fellowship, its a gaming group.
anyway, thanks for your time.
I'm done. Bye.

I don't want to derail this thread from what it's intention was, but I just wanted to make a couple of follow up comments to you Jahwarrior, with the best intentions at heart. (also, FYI, I plan to actually respond to this thread and answer all the questions as well very soon).

Jahwarrior-- Part of having fellowship with other Christians is making small sacrifices to have that fellowship and allow relationships to form over time. (an example of that would be playing certain games that you may not particularly like, but doing so to give an opportunity to rub shoulders with other people). I think a lot of Christians join believing churches and groups and expect them all to make these wonderful friendships within a few weeks....I call this attempt trying to "microwave relationships". This just doesn't work. Microwaving relationships rarely (if ever) works if you want to experience a deeper friendship or fellowship with other people.

You see, I guess I disagree with you in regards to this place not having genuine relationships and fellowship. I'm simply basing this assessment on what you have already said-- "Do I spend a lot of time in TS getting to know people? No." I've been here for 5 years, and I'm a regular on TeamSpeak, forums and gaming with our community....and this isn't to toot my own horn, but rather, to say that it's taken a while to form some of these deeper friendships, resulting in a much deeper fellowship amongst this community.

Now, do I have a close friendship with everyone in CC....no, I don't. But that's expected to a degree. Why? Because some people you're going to click better with than other people based on your personality and interests.

I wish you the best my friend. But I want to remind you that relationships and close brotherhood takes a lot of time to form. And I'm sorry if I'm preaching to the choir here a bit....but as Oxy put it to me once, "Sometimes the choir needs some good preachin' too."

Much love man. God bless. :)

EDIT: Just so you know, I really do appreciate your honesty.
word count: 506
I look at the world from a different angle;
People change; even Satan used to be an angel..