What does CC mean to YOU!!! Open to Post anytime!!!

Talk about anything and everything that is on that little mind of yours!
ShaddaShk
Council Member
Council Member
Steam Profile: ShaddaShk

Re: What does CC mean to YOU!!!

Post by ShaddaShk » October 31st, 2015, 12:24 pm

Well, after giving a few hours of my life to thinking over the questions, here's my answers. I honestly saw this way earlier but wanted to give the questions some thought and it was always interesting to see other people's answers. Even then I feel like I've ended up saying a whole lot of nothing. But with the CCG group I am at least comfortable posting this anyway. :thup:

1. What does CC mean to you personally??
It's a place where I can recover my sanity after a crazy day or week. It's a place where I get to hang out on TS and hear some really interesting conversations from the other CCGers that I've never heard in my life. It's a place where I get to socialize with others who have a common belief and goal in life. It's a place where I can join others in studying the Bible and actually be accepted and involved instead of snickered into silence. It's a place where I can game with others who won't turn on me just because I happen to be (fill in the blank).

Bottom line, CCG is becoming a place for me to be able to socialize with other Christians and have some clean fun without having to be so 100% on guard for any jabs/cussing/sexual innuendos. Yes I have bonked heads with a CCGer or two, and I may not agree with several others about gaming choices or style of playing. But, a bit to my shock sometimes, I can still be online friends with them and have a blast gaming! Yes, there are struggles but my overall experience has been to listen in surprise as two CCGers politely, maturely, discuss their differences and agree to disagree and still play games with each other.

2. How involved do you feel you are in CC?? ie how invested are you? is it just a place to game or is something more for you??
I would say it's a place mainly for gaming as I haven't gotten to the point of having many spontanious or casual conversations with many of the CCGers. This is mainly me, as it's hard for me to game and chat without dropping/hearing sentences (think packet loss!) especially during Rocket League. :D I am starting to talk more on TS as I get to know the gamers and hopefully this will change.

Second though, I absolutely love, love, love, love, going to the Bible Study on Thursday evenings. I really appreciate Ongurth and Winged Scribe for keeping this going.

I always check the forums and while I don't post much (I don't feel I can always add to the conversations) I enjoy reading many of the posts. I try to at least be involved and greet the newcomers who come on the forums and I'm looking for other ways to get involved without pushing myself off the edge. :)

3. What would you like to see different around here??? please be honest!!
I keep getting stuck on this one. Maybe it's because I haven't been around long enough to form more then vague ideas but I can't find anything solid to say here. I'm enjoying myself but some times it does seem like things are getting sluggish but at the same time I'm not sure what else I would want to have different around here. If I want to get this post out before the end of the day, I'm going to have to leave it at this and just sit on it until I have an answer and then PM someone.

4. Do you think the council members spend enough time interacting with the community???
forums/ingame/ts??? What could they do different to help you to get to personally know them better??

I'm not sure how to answer this one... I don't know that many of them, or I haven't noticed who are Council Members unless I show up for the Council Meetings. Council Members are human too, they probably have jobs for the most part and if they have family those should come first before CCG timewise or otherwise. I don't think it would be right of me to demand more time from other members when I myself am not putting forth more time and involvement into the community. Plus, I myself get irked when more time of me is demanded and yet the masses are still cranky.

At the same time, if these are leaders of the community yes I would like to see them more often. Either on the forums or games, even if it isn't games I play. Keep up to date of games that are being played, help encourage group plays, make sure casual players that don't play for competition aren't being excluded (unintentional or otherwise) because they're not uber. Or, try to spread the workload among the active community more, don't throw it all at the Council Members to deal with. These active members should not have to be made Council Members or even Division Leaders to help keep the community from growing stagnant.

5. Idea's??? anything that you can think of.. good or bad..
-Someone mentioned earlier about making a list of forum users and the games they played/want to play with others. This is nice idea, anyway we can get a little section in the "Profile" part of the forum for users to fill in? Say, around five games or so, that way it doesn't get overly full. Any more and people can go check out their Steam account.
-Group events that don't always have to be games like TogetherTube or FlockDraw. Or if a game, something quite silly/non-serious like Worms Armagedon (except I'm not sure that one is a possible choice) or Dillo Hills2 from Armor Games. Have a thread up that people can just throw event ideas into. Basically a place where the goal is to get people talking and laughing and the game/event is just a way to help draw people together.
-More of a suggestion/advice then an idea. Don't always try too hard. Sometimes if you try and try and force an idea/issue that is great in itself, it'll flop. Don't forget to breath love into it.

Aaaand... that's it from me at the moment.

EDIT: To go under #5... Make the TS more visible! Even I have heard people saying they had trouble finding if we had a TS server or not. It needs to be more obvious then the "Divisions" tab.
Last edited by ShaddaShk on November 1st, 2015, 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 1128
"We've just put a hit on the man that just got married." ~Winged
"Get a Sunder and run people over. That always makes you happy." ~Kes

Thorfinn
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: Thorfinn

Post by Thorfinn » October 31st, 2015, 10:16 pm

After some very good discussion among 5/6 of us tonight in ts a few questions come to mind that we need and very much want your opinion on..

CC is a place where I can fellowship with like minded indivduals and feel free to game with or have serious conversations with other believers.

2. How involved do you feel you are in CC?? ie how invested are you? is it just a place to game or is something more for you??

I am not very involved at this point but in the past I had been very involved. Currently I am borrowing a computer because mine broke. also my internet where I live currently is garbage.

I want to see more fellowship, less separation of players, more hangout participation on teamspeak and more teamspeak participation all around.

4. Do you think the council members spend enough time interacting with the community???
forums/ingame/ts??? What could they do different to help you to get to personally know them better??

First I will say that I love seeing council members in game and on teamspeak. members, especially younger ones tend to flock to the council members and there is a great time to be had during those times.

more cowbell?
word count: 243

Globalkoas
Council Advisor
Council Advisor

Post by Globalkoas » October 31st, 2015, 11:32 pm

Jahwarrior I appreciate your honesty.. I also respect your choice that this may not be the place for you. I'm also sorry to hear that. With that said one thing stood out in your post that caused puzzlement for myself.

you wrote
I don't know that it would matter if these "council members" are spending time with the masses or interacting...
this question feels to me like an invitation from upon high to come and mingle with the low and unwashed, no thanks.

I myself was on the council from 2005 thru 2010 then stepped away because of real life demands. I have just recently rejoined the council and was wondering if you could be more specific as why/what makes you feel this way. As I stated in my post I would like everyone to be honest about their experiences good or bad.

Again thank you for taking time to post. Things good or bad will help this community move forward in the future.

God Bless and Thank You for your service..
Global aka Aaron
word count: 177
#RomansMissYa!
https://youtu.be/ea5A8wEIwIg

Tykur
CC Member
CC Member

Post by Tykur » November 1st, 2015, 7:32 pm

1. CC means a great community of people, flawed as they are, that I can hang out with and game with. This community has spoiled me with what a great environment we have.

2. I haven’t been involved as much as I would like due to things going on in my life and just not having the desire to game lately. As far as invested goes, I do care very much about the people here and continuing to help out here to keep this place a good place for anyone looking for a clean safe environment for ANYONE to come to.

3. The main difference I would like to see is more activity in TeamSpeak witch would lead to more people around here for others to game with.

4. No I do not think there is enough interaction between the Council Members and the rest of the community. I don’t think all the Council Members need to have a lot of interaction but there should be a handful that are around a good amount so people can see what the leadership around here is all about. They should be around so people have a real connection with people that are making the rules and enforcing them. They could help people get to know them better by being in game and being very outgoing to get to know others members and non-members as this will help CC grow and keep our servers full. Also more active in TeamSpeak and be outgoing, friendly, and welcoming towards everyone that comes in.

5. It would be good to see everyone be more welcoming to EVERYONE in any of our servers. People coming in can feel very out of place when everyone is interacting with the people they know and don’t reach out to the new people. CC can look very “clicky” and we miss out on some great people that just don’t feel comfortable and don’t come back. You will win people over and keep them coming back or even joining our community.

I would also like to see people remember we are ALL human and flawed and show more grace and forgiveness to each other we make mistakes. This includes members, non-members, and Council Members <--- all human and all make mistakes.

This is an Awesome community and we are all blessed this place is still around for anyone to hangout in, Thanks to everyone here for making this place Great and Thanks to God for allowing us to have this place!
word count: 425

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Post by NeoJabez » November 2nd, 2015, 1:53 pm

The Christian Crew has been a rich part of my life for more than the last 10 years. I've made friends, discovered new hobbies, and bettered myself in so many ways just being around our fellowship and members. My belief truly CAUGHT FIRE after joining CC, and becoming part of a strong group of true believing, no joking around, cool but God-seeking people. I have learned heretofore undiscovered amounts of patience in my fellow man, learned to tolerate the differences between people and their opinions much more, and have learned A LOT about what God wants for our lives!

You know you're invested in CC when you put your 10+ years there on your resume as volunteer work! The CC grew into many things for me, including founding [-=ACE=-] and learning all of the cool art stuff I do now, which led to my amateur and part-time photography work. At various times, I've written for our site, designed for our site, coded things into our site, and much more. It's far more than a place to game for me. I rarely game now, and still check the forums daily, and try to be around as much as possible to keep up with everything, new and not so new.

I truly wish we could return to the days of one or two core games, rather than the plethora of titles we play now. There's not enough unity when you water down and dilute the population of the community.

4. Do you think the council members spend enough time interacting with the community??? forums/ingame/ts??? What could they do different to help you to get to personally know them better??

I think they're fine. Some CM's are better suited to be forum warriors, and some to TS. Everyone has their strengths, and knowing what those are help you lead people better.

A) Hire someone to get an audio clip of Deadlier D talking...So we can confirm things like: DD is a human, DD is male, DD isn't mute, or that DD is a mute alien female, whichever.
B) Get CC into profit-bearing enterprises for the betterment of the community. For example, we should have a CC Goat Farm...We have AT LEAST TWO MEMBERS who could run a goat farm pretty much single-handedly, and I have to ask, why aren't we already doing this? (Are we waiting for DeadlierD to vote vocally? --Don't hold your breath.)
C) Wait for NeoJ to be as actually funny as he thinks he is:

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ Crickets chirping ..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Okay, maybe we'll hold off on that one, too...
word count: 507
If serving is below you, leadership is beyond you. - Anonymous

Coram Deo, Soli Deo Gloria

Crosser
Steam Profile: crosser222

Post by Crosser » November 2nd, 2015, 9:19 pm

1. What does CC mean to you personally?

CC started as a place where I could play online games in a clean environment. But, as time has gone on, it's become a place where I have formed close friendships with a handful of people here. And, going further, a couple of them have even become, what I consider, mentors in my life...people I go to bounce ideas off of and seek council, advice and prayer. These core group of friends have truly changed and affected my life in a profound way. And I have forever grateful for you guys. (You know who you are). And ever since, I've been inspired to want to do the same for other people (whether that would be within the CC community or in the Youth ministry I'm apart of).

2. How involved do you feel you are in CC? ie how invested are you? is it just a place to game or is something more for you?

I'm a fairly regular CC member. I'm typically not online daily, but probably more than half of the week I'm around. For the other half of this question, see the answer in Question 1.

3. What would you like to see different around here? Please be honest!

It would be nice to see more of community "members" choosing to lead by example than simply complain about the community like a critic. Those of you who profess Christ as Lord, we are all on the same team. None of us can simply have a seat on the sidelines and choose not to participate when Jesus has given us different talents, passions and desires to further His kingdom. And if you are unable to help with the weaknesses that CC has, then please don't be so harsh with your comments. It's easy to sit back and be a critic. It's hard to lead or aspire to help.

4. Do you think the council members spend enough time interacting with the community?? Forums/ingame/ts? What could they do different to help you to get to personally know them better?

Council Members-- If you are unable to actively lead in the position you are for long and extended periods of time, then please consider stepping down for a season. Honestly, I didn't want Joshfitz to step down from Council because I felt like, overall, he did a really solid job and I liked him on Council! But I also truly respect him for stepping down for a season while he prioritizes other things in his life (God/Family). If you're on Council and you have the time to actively lead, then please consider being more active on TeamSpeak (to those who aren't). Sure, being active on the forums and ingame is good (and neccessary), but I do feel like TS stands out as the best form of communication. Why? Because it's a lot more personal to hear someones voice...to hear their tone of voice....to hear the delay in their response....and to hear how they are in a candid environment. And since this is the Internet, TS, in my opinion, is one of the better ways to be able to have that kind of fellowship.

5. Idea's? Anything that you can think of.. good or bad..

The more transparency between Council and it's community, the better. The meeting minutes for both the public and private meetings are a good start. I understand that some things need to be kept private to reduce the already drama-proned aspect of any online community. But still, generally speaking, the more transparency that 'can' occur, the better.

And finally, I do want to send my thanks, appreciation and gratitude to everyone in this community who is active and serving in any way, regardless if you have an official title within the community or not. Seriously, I cannot thank everyone enough for putting in the time and energy into this community....I know a lot of people only speak critizisms, but just know that there are also a handful of people who also see all of the effort being put into this place. So thank you all for those who are stepping up and using your talents.

Much love fam.
-Crosser

EDIT: For those who are curious, this was my welcome post nearly 6 years ago. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5379
word count: 744
I look at the world from a different angle;
People change; even Satan used to be an angel..

Globalkoas
Council Advisor
Council Advisor

Post by Globalkoas » November 3rd, 2015, 3:11 pm

Spoiler! :
Honestly CC is part of me. So many good things have happened here. Alot of things in the background that people will never know about happen all the time. People are uplifted daily from friendships made around here. We are all a work in progress and it excites that I'm part of something that can help others and myself grow. CC has strengthened my walk 10 fold since finding it. I have made mistakes over the years and have grown from them. I have a couple people here that I know I can message with anything/problem and get the advice or kick in the butt I need. That means so much. Even when I stepped away for a few years I still kept in contact with a few and never stopped worrying about CC, I just couldn't give the time that this community deserves. I call those my "under a rock" years. O.o
Below I is a little run down of how I found CC and why I wanted to join this community... :ninja:

From the very start when I found CC I couldn't believe what it was compared to rest of online gaming that I had run across in my short pc gaming career. I bought HL2 and CSS was packaged with it. I finished HL2 and loaded CSS. Jumped in not knowing anything about it. Never gaming online more than like hearts/etc.. Jumped in a server got yelled at/cussed at/kicked for not knowing how to plant the bomb/ kicked for not knowing how to defuse the bomb..

Hmm this is what online gaming is about?? Played like this for about 4 nights in a row.. Thought this isn't for me.. This was right before Christmas 2004.. I then tried it again New Years Eve and some how come across a laggy little 16 man server called "TheFish".. Tykur/Agent and others were playing.. Had no idea it was run by Christians. Started playing and noticed no one yelling/cussing/kicking/me. Still being a noob playing. These guys started helping me. I was in shock.. Played everyday for the next 10 days and never looked back.

From that point on I knew something good could come from something like this. In talking with Tykur/Agent I wanted to help make a safe place for people to come and hangout. The stuff I had come across before finding CC showed me that there was a need for a safe place to hangout and game.

I was joined CC officially in Feb.2005 and came on council a few months later. Honestly I was all in from the start. I was so excited about making this place all it could be. I have never had any expectations that this place could replace a Church, but it could be a great place to come hangout/learn/interact with other Christians online/have a weekly Bible study/uplift others/hold each other accountable/etc.

So many good things have come from this community being here. For me knowing that people have been helped because of the effort of so many in this community is what it is all about. Sure drama happens, mistakes are made/feelings have been hurt/ but good has out weighed that all.

No matter if this community is small or large the message is the same!!! For me personally if drama/etc means CC helps 1 more person find God then the headache was worth it!!!

Spoiler! :
As I said above I have been all in from the start. 2005-2010 before stepping away for real life stuff I probably spent to much time here looking back on it. The only time I wasn't around was when I was at work. Looking back I was probably too involved, but at the time I feel it was best for me. I was growing from the experience and that was important to me. As things changed in my life in 2007 I sold my business and went to work at Caterpillar in late 2007. I was stuck on 2nd shift and that made it tuff for me to be around here and even more important it was tuff on my personal life.(marriage)

I spent as much time as I could here, but it was hard to keep track of things not being around of an evening.. By 2010 it was time to step away from here for awhile and address my personal life issue's with my marriage. I basically went under a rock. I kept in contact with a few and Romans would text me to see how I was doing. He would always ask about my wife and how things were going. It always shocked me that some kid in California that I had never met in real life would worry about me and my life. I never really got to tell Romans how much that meant to me. I can only hope he knew!?

I never stopped thinking about CC and would watch the forums only posting on something that really push a button with me. I talked and emailed a few and kinda kept up on things from a distance, but my under the rock yrs were just that.

With my marriage fixed and issue's resolved I came back around in Dec. 2014 to feel the waters out again. What I found was fairly stagnant CC.. Just kinda floating along looking for some direction. For the first few months I just hungout and talked. Honestly I was trying to figure out what God's plan was for me here in round 2 so to speak..

By March of this yr I expressed interest to the cm's that I was ready to help out again and would like to get my feet wet again stepping in as a ca.. The biggest issue to me was to try to repair some of the bad feelings with Romans/Elvis/MjCaboose and the council.. Oxy also hung out with these guys and was in limbo also..

3 of those 4 are back around with some common ground found. Nothing will be perfect, but this is so far ahead of where things 10 months ago.

The 4th I spoke of was Romans. His untimely passing was a hard pill for many to swallow. But it did bring some people together that most likely would have taken more time to do that. Maybe it was God's plan. I really don't have that answer I can only go from what happened after..

Me personally I was deeply saddened by his passing. I was pissed at myself for not being able to help him. I had talked with him a good deal on the phone in the weeks before his passing. I knew he was having a ruff time, but I didn't know how ruff.. I was planning on going out in July and spending 10 days hanging out. The thing that I'm most pissed over is that by me messing up my marriage that I took basically 3/4 yrs away that I could have enjoyed hanging out with Romans. Is that selfish on my part, sure it is.. A few weeks back I deleted the last couple messages and voicemails I had from Romans.. I just felt it was time..

I built a new gaming comp right before Romans passed away. After his passing I was looking thru thumb drives for stuff and come across some Romans related. Since that I haven't been able to sitdown and game. Every time I try I just think about Romans and really have no desire to game. That's something I have to get past and will.

About a month ago I woke up and after talking with Elvis one night. I don't know how it come up the night before, but Elvis was talking about what CC really meant to Romans. Regardless of the troubles between leadership and him, he did really want CC to succeed.. I knew it was time for me to make an effort instead of sitting on the sidelines as a "ca" and knowing the problem, but not really jumping in to try to help with moving CC along. NOT only is CC important to those who are not with us anymore its important to those that are here now. So this is why I wanted to comeback on the council to help.

I have never thought of CC as a Church or will, but I do believe some that come here find the only involvement with a Christian based anything. Whether or not your here to game or hangout really doesn't matter to me.. As long are your here and having fun/hanging with friends/in ts not in ts/play this game or that game/goto Bible study or not/ post alot/ don't post much... the point being is that your here and that means something. Grand scale or small scale if this community gives someone a place to hangout and possibly grow what more can I personally ask for. I know people have come to know God from here. Have mistakes been made.. SURE.. Have good things happened.. Heck Yess!! ... While not perfect CC does something right or God would have shut it down a long time ago..

Spoiler! :
One word..... UNITY....... I realize no one will ever agree 100%, but fighting over small things is sad. No one is perfect and we ALL have struggles... We are all works in progress.. As Christians we need to put the petty stuff aside and help and lift each other up instead of tearing into someone because they stumbled.. More than anything else the lack of that over the yrs around here bothers me more than anything..

With UNITY the sky is the limit. If the foundation of anything is strong then everything else comes much more easy.. Fighting among Christians defeats the purpose.. only makes the community shaky!!!

Spoiler! :
The "old days" is used alot. I'm guilty of it myself. Could the leadership spend more time hanging out.. Sure.. Life/jobs/kids/husband/wife/school/etc do impact leadership just like anyone around here.

Now my personal feelings are that more effort should be made by those of us in leadership roles to be more "visible" to the community. Not everyone uses forums so just watching and posting there or not everyone uses ts so just hanging there could cause some issues.. No one person plays all the games being played so I think that expectation of leadership play each game is crazy..

I believe being at the meetings is important. Answering questions asked in a prompt time frame. Now with that said this all comes into play: Life/jobs/kids/husband/wife/school/etc..

Honestly to me if you can't find at least a little time during the week to come around and hangout, then making choices for what goes on around here isn't what really is needed.. If "rl" is that busy then it is time to step away until time allows you to be involved..

Absent leadership causes issue..

I have some ideas about getting to know the leadership better.. I know I'm not really answering this question, but I was hoping to get some help from members on this before I move forward with it.. more to come.. :ninja:

Spoiler! :
Unity is a top on my list. With unity the foundation is strong.. Whatever is in front of this community then becomes so much easier.. :thup: Making sure membership is NOT kept in the dark.. Projects move along instead of being kept in limbo.. Just helping this place grow. No matter how big this place is, we try to make sure to provide a place where someone can feel comfortable. Making sure the council isn't looked at like just something that make choices they want no matter what the community wants.. Thus UNITY........

I know personally things have come a long way in the last 10 months. Things are moving forward and thats a good sign. Look for more things coming in the weeks ahead. If you made it this far thanks for reading.. :thup: O.o

A Big Thanks to all that have posted. Hang in there CC is still here and moving forward. This community can be a great steward in moving forward if we all strive for UNITY.. I'm sure mistakes will be made, but God will lead the way when gloomy days come so that sunny ones out number the other..

God Bless
Global
Aka... Aaron
word count: 2230
#RomansMissYa!
https://youtu.be/ea5A8wEIwIg

3nails4you
CC Member
CC Member

Post by 3nails4you » November 6th, 2015, 4:03 pm

I feel invested in CC beyond the point of just "a place to play" - this place means a lot to me, and I do my best to get here as often as I can.

But, especially since I started working, time hasn't been on my side as much. Between my marriage, my job, my church, my small group, exercise, and my friends living close by, free time just seems to get away from me. When I do find myself with it, it's often easy to want to just kick back on the couch, read, or play my guitar. And I know this has led to my involvement being sporadic over the last few years.

But this place holds a lot of meaning for me. This is a place where God helped me to grow spiritually in ways that I can't possibly express my gratitude for. CC, to me, means fond memories, and a place that I can always return to to find friends that I can pray with, study God's Word with, and play with. It is a place that helped me to grow up, to have examples of Godly men and women to look up to, friends that I could just have a good time with or spend time praying and reading God's Word with. It's a place where I learned a lot about responsibility, and will always be grateful for the tasks entrusted to me in my time on the council as a goofy teenager. In short, to me, CC helped me become who I am, and I cannot imagine the last 10 years of my life without the people that God provided me with in this place (those still here and those I haven't seen in a while).

If I'm ever absent for a good while, it's not for lack of desire to be here, and I sometimes kick myself for the amount of time I have spent away over the last few years. I'd like to take this opportunity to say THANK YOU to everyone who is or has been involved here - you do mean a lot to me.

My goal is to be available to hang out in TS or in-game more frequently, as I've attempted to keep doing over the last several months. Regardless, though, I'm constantly logging into the forums and just keeping caught up on things as much as I can. I love you guys, and hopefully, I'll see you around soon! Peace,

Nails
word count: 426

Good Ole Bill
ACC Member
ACC Member

Post by Good Ole Bill » November 7th, 2015, 11:10 am

This has been a really good post. There have been lots of heart-felt and meaningful comments and it has been a pleasure to read. There have also been many though-out and constructive suggestions, many of which I agree with. I'm not sure if any of those suggestions will be implemented but it's been nice to see what people think.

Sorry for being late to the show with my own reply. I had intended to post earlier after giving my answers some thought, but then my skills as a procrastinator took over. Regardless of any excuses, here you go:

To me, Christian Crew represents friendship and camaraderie. The vast majority of my online gaming friends are people that I have met by playing on CC gaming servers, especially through TF2. Despite some initial reservations, I decided to join CC as a way of supporting the community that has given me these friends. I am not a christian, nor do I have any other kind of faith, so the religious aspect means very little to me. Instead, my membership is all about supporting the CC community and the organization that made my friendships happen.

Christian Crew is mostly a place for me to game but I would like to be more active in the organization itself. I am not able to play games as much as I used to, but I am still fairly active on TF2 as a player and a server admin. I don't post on the forums very much but I do check them every few days to see if anything pops up that concerns me. My posts are mostly on administrative topics dealing with TF2. I am definitely a 20% talking, 80% listening kind of person in that respect. Other people have suggested that they would like to see members be more active in the forums and on TS so, in the future, I will try to be a better member by making more posts and popping into TS to engage in some conversation.

There have been a lot of good suggestions in this thread, many of which I support. Additionally, a couple of points where made that I wholeheartedly agree with and wanted to post myself. Because I want to acknowledge the people that made these points before me, I'm going to quote them and then add my own thoughts:

oxygencube wrote:Get rid of the unneeded titles/groups/tags (Shieldmaidens/Old men ect..) it comes across as though if you are 'in with the council then you get some special treatment or a unique tag on the forums. This doesn't promote unity and is not needed.

There are a lot of fluff titles in this organization and I agree that they are not needed and promote separation among the membership. Unity good, separation and alienation bad.

Clarence wrote:I would like to see a more varied representation on the council to more reflect the community and that would include a ACC rep and another female member of the council.

Yes! When I first started being involved with this community (long before membership), the council seemed to be a good ole boys club. I agree with Clarence that the leadership should be more inclusive for women (which has happened now with the addition of Ginger on the council) and also that an ACC member should have a seat on the council. As it stands, secular members and players on CC servers do not have anyone to represent their world-view in a community dominated by christians. Adding an ACC member to the council would mean that these people would have someone to represent their interests as well as showing that CC is an inclusive and accepting organization.

4. Do you think the council members spend enough time interacting with the community??? forums/ingame/ts??? What could they do different to help you to get to personally know them better??

It seems that a lot of people have some strong feelings about the council and how they conduct themselves in the community. I myself don't see those problems and maybe that's because I'm not as involved as I could be. Of the council members, I personally only know Deadlier and Ginger. I have never interacted with any of the other folks so maybe that says something. However, I want to point out that it's not necessarily the best thing for leaders to be buddy buddy with the people under them. This can create cliques (see comment on titles above) and biased decision making. Would we benefit from interacting with the council members more? Absolutely! Just be aware that those interactions can also have negative effects.

Also, since people have been making a lot of comments about the lack of council member activity, I want to acknowledge Ginger for doing a great job as a DL and now a CM. I know for a fact that Ginger is on the TF2 server playing with the filthy masses on a nightly basis as well as posting on the forums quite a lot. I can't imagine anyone would question her activity level but I wanted to give her a kudos all the same. Good job Ginger!

I feel like this question has a lot of overlap with question #3 so I will refrain from making any more comments. Implementing some of the commonly suggested ideas in this thread will go a long way to making improvements in CC as an organization and I really hope they are looked at seriously. I implore the leadership to evaluate all the suggestions made in this thread, however critical they may be, and use them to make some positive change.

On a final note, leave Deadlier alone! Don't you know he's vocally impaired!?
word count: 1033

Goatman

Post by Goatman » November 8th, 2015, 6:43 pm

CC means a great deal to me. I have been a part of this community since I was a sophomore in High School, less than a year after I became a Christian. I've invested a great deal of time, passion, and energy into this community. I've seen CC explode and shrink in numbers several times, and made many great friendships, and even met my fiance on CC.

CC is family to me, and always will be.

I wish I were more involved than I am. I'm more around frequently in Teamspeak and amongst the community now that I'm working a more normal work schedule, but if I'm honest, there are times, occasionally, when questions are raised about a topic and I've lost track of the conversation or have missed it entirely. I'm not quite sure what to do about this, things just happen quickly sometimes.

I'd love to see CC expand again, to where we have a dozen or so leaders around constantly and many more members. I'd love to see us able to interact both online and in the real world, the same as when we used to have the annual gathering. I'd also love to see a little more cross-traffic between divisions. They seem a little isolated from each other at present, or at least, the people who play in each rarely interact with those in others these days.

Personally, I don't. I'm not sure if it's just a saturation thing, e.g. more council members mean more people can be in more places, but I feel like myself and maybe one or two others are really present in Teamspeak, and the rest really aren't. And I know, as I described above, I myself have been falling behind on the forums a bit.

Rather than having leaders who have their hands in everything, we seem to be becoming a little more isolated and "specialized" in our roles. I'm almost always on TS, but have been neglecting the forums, whereas Shadow, for example, is almost never in TS yet is probably our main presence on the forums. I wish this were different. There are a number of natural leaders which are active throughout many segments of our community, who I would like to see on the Council, but I also feel like there is more the present team could be doing to get involved, myself included.

5. Ideas???

Tell your friends about CC. Invite people you game with to Teamspeak. Point them to the forums. If you think CC is great, or could be great, if you think we have a valid and living ministry here, you should be talking about it. Don't leave it to the leaders to make CC great. You wanna know the criteria we use to pick the leaders? The first thing we look at is the person's relationship with God, and 100% of the rest is asking, essentially, "are they essentially doing the job already?"

Let's all work to make CC the place we'd want to tell people about once more.
word count: 608
"Reason and faith go together. Reason is itself is a matter of faith. It is an act of faith to assert that our thoughts have any relation to reality at all."
-GK Chesterton