What does CC mean to YOU!!! Open to Post anytime!!!

Talk about anything and everything that is on that little mind of yours!
Ongurth
Council Advisor
Council Advisor
Steam Profile: ongurth
Location: doing fun and exciting things, such as praying, writing, shooting, or Krav Maga

Re: What does CC mean to YOU!!!

Post by Ongurth » November 8th, 2015, 10:45 pm

1.What does CC mean to you personally??

When I first joined CC 9 years ago, I never would have guessed that it would still be part of my life. It has been the cause of so much more joy, pain, growth, fellowship, relaxation, and gaming than I could have possibly imagined. CC is not a church, but it has always been what I think of when the Bible speaks of the church. It's not always pretty, but it's always real. It's a place I can talk, laugh, pray, play, and share with other Christians.

I love you guys!

2. How involved do you feel you are in CC?? ie how invested are you? is it just a place to game or is something more for you??

I would say I'm less involved than I was over the summer (especially since I can't attend meetings lately), but am still plugged in. I spend several hours a week putting together the Bible studies, and at least a couple hours in ts playing either Elite or Insurgency. My activity level will taper off a bit more in January - March (marriage), but I will likely step back to a CA position during that time.

3. What would you like to see different around here??? please be honest!!

I'd like to see more Elite players in the flight division. :P No, but really, having a flight division was a dream of mine since I joined the clan back in 06. Flying with them boys this year has been one of the coolest things ever for me.

AttolloDeus
Steam Profile: AttolloDeus

Post by AttolloDeus » November 10th, 2015, 12:01 am

1. What does CC mean to you personally?

Gaming, faith, and relationships are three things I include very intentionally in my life. Having all 3 of them manifest in the same group of people has drawn me in and shaped my development in very meaningful ways over the last 8-9 years. I have discovered so much about myself, about God, about dealing with people, and about managing entertainment rather than indulging in it. Personally, it has been a life-changing experience to grow and learn alongside like-minded Christians, some which I may never have gotten to know if I had met them at a coffee shop or bumped into them at church.

2. How involved do you feel you are in CC?

A couple of months ago would be a different story, but today I think I'm pretty involved again, back in the mix. I measure my personal involvement with how widely I participate in CC, not because I need to be involved in everything, but because my goal is to understand a bit of everything so I can help tie all the pieces together. I'm a mediator/diplomat by preference and personality, so bringing together is a core part of how I act out my faith. There are ways I can be more intentional with my involvement, though, and I look forward to exploring that as this year finishes up.

3. What would you like to see different around here?

Unity among "Divisions", and Leadership + Membership on the same page.

It has come up a few times in previous responses, but it doesn't hurt to rehash. The subcommunities in CC should not take away from the community as a whole, and I want to help empower our DLs to be aware of those dynamics and to build bridges from their games back to the forums and Teamspeak.

It can sometimes be overlooked that leadership are part of "membership". They aren't 2 separate groups. One is part of the other, and both are accountable to the whole. Leadership needs to participate, at least somewhat, amidst the everyday happenings of the clan. Unlike a company where the C-level staff sit far away in their leadership seminars and their penthouse business meetings, having people bring them the information to simplify the process, the leadership here are volunteers, and the membership will simply leave if they don't have any primary benefits keeping them here. That's a tough dynamic.

This whole plan requires an active involvement from the Council (see #4), but it also requires the CC members to give back as they become integrated into the community. It doesn't take just leaders, or just tagged members. Also, I am aware that some people don't even know how to get plugged in, and I am also interested in exploring ways to make that more accessible for people to help out (not just in titled positions).

4. Do you think the council members spend enough time interacting with the community?

The key part is "interacting with the community", and no, not as a whole. Some of us spend more than enough time helping out behind the scenes, participating in the forums, doing a great job at a particular area/division/Teamspeak channel, but we do need to be careful when "specializing" becomes "isolating". Then the leadership team becomes "one or two leaders that I know in this area, plus the rest of them that help out somehow." The community needs to know the leaders that are acting on their behalf.
word count: 596

MandieLouWho
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: mandielouwho

Post by MandieLouWho » November 12th, 2015, 9:45 pm

I apologize for my late response to this post. 1. CC is a new means of Christian communication / cabin fever outlet for me during the day while I'm doing my housewife homeschooling thang. 2. I am not as involved with CC as I could be. I feel like no one is really on during "my" time slot, which might be a good thing...maybe I can be here for the few who are on, or vice versa. 3. I do not feel that I know enough about the CC and TS community to say how things should change other than everyone needs to get back on D3 where I am :P I am usually too judgmental and quick to anger to be of any real use at this point, so let me come back to this question at another point in time. As of now, no news is good news. 4. As I have not been on during peak hours, I really cannot say. I can say that I have enjoyed meeting a few people on here. And I hope to make some lasting friendships. Let me know if there is anything else ya need to know!
word count: 197
Those who seek the Lord lack no good thing.

EvoWarrior5
Steam Profile: STEAM_0:1:35486052

Post by EvoWarrior5 » November 13th, 2015, 8:44 pm

Globalkoas wrote:After some very good discussion among 5/6 of us tonight in ts a few questions come to mind that we need and very much want your opinion on..

Only saw the PM and this thread now. This is a post from someone who is not very involved at all, though; but I thought you'd want representation from all sides.

1. What does CC mean to you personally??

It is a place where I can casually learn about Christianity through the Bible Studies. It is filled with friendly people who are willing to answer any questions I have.

2. How involved do you feel you are in CC?? ie how invested are you? is it just a place to game or is something more for you??

I join Bible Studies whenever I can, but it is difficult as I am a European so attending one means staying up until 3:30 AM at least. Unfortunately my connection here isn't very good so I can't play on the servers. I would join them more often if I had the option, though.

I have barely used the forums at all but I may want to explore it more soon. I know there are some places where I could read interesting stuff.

4. Do you think the council members spend enough time interacting with the community???
forums/ingame/ts??? What could they do different to help you to get to personally know them better??

5. Idea's??? anything that you can think of.. good or bad..

Wish I could answer these, but due to my lack of involvement I have no clue.

It is not much but I hope you wanted these kinds of posts as well :)
word count: 302

AttolloDeus
Steam Profile: AttolloDeus

Post by AttolloDeus » November 14th, 2015, 10:04 am

All of the posts are helpful, Evo! Thanks for taking the time to participate, even with the time difference that can be tough to the European CC community.
word count: 28

Tonywryip
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: Tonywryip
Battle.net Profile: Tonywryip #11658

Post by Tonywryip » November 18th, 2015, 2:29 am

This is going to be super honest, I think .-.
keep in mind that I am mainly talking about the teamspeak server because that's where I have the most experience with.

CC is always a place I could go to play games with friendly people, and i guess because of my personality I just haven't talked that much to people that I don't play games with. (I should get on that...)

I don't feel as involved as I feel like I should, this is mainly (I think) because that we play different games and I am really only known to league of legends people.
I wish very much to be not JUST a place to play games but a place where we share God with other non-christian gamers to show them who God is and how God's people have amazing love for everyone even when things aren't going well (I just got home from an intense bible camp :P )

The bare minimum I want to see this place is a place of happiness, or joy. I want CCGaming to be a place where when people feel down and had a bunch of horrible games to come here and have fun even when they have another terrible game. One of the strongest things I have felt in the last few weeks in the league of legends part of CC is that people are being salty, that word really doesn't describe what's going on. People are treating each other nicely, BUT they are cursing the other team (cursing does not mean profanity) and generally putting down the other team. I am NOT saying that I did not participate in this, but I feel like another rule that is much harder to follow (that we should enforce) is not profanity, but putting people down and wishing them bad things, because in the very end, isn't that why we don't say profanity, is that they condemn others. I know everyone have bad days and it's difficult to not be mad trying to finally play a game of league after tiresome homework. I find myself in that position all the time, but instead of trying to go around the rules trying to express out anger, can we just let go of the anger and ask God for patience. Finally, I believe the superb situation of CC is when we invite other gamers who aren't christian that they would be intrigued by how Godly gamers can be and be curious and believe in Jesus.

4. Do you think the council members spend enough time interacting with the community???
forums/ingame/ts??? What could they do different to help you to get to personally know them better??
I believe they are trying to interact with everyone in the community. (also I personally think that 1 question mark is suffice ;)
but when everyone is in a game communicating to each other about in-game strategy & stuff it's hard to bud in and not get frowned upon
I personally think that if we could have more time to talk to each other, (now that I am saying this I feel like a hypocrite because I also participate in the action of jumping straight into another game when one game is finished)
and just longer chat sessions in between games would be awesome.

5. Ideas
if we could invite some pastors in here for a sermon every few month would be SUPER awesome
Also if we can somehow lead a worship team in ts is cool too
I want to think CC as Christ first, Games second
(i will repeat again that I just came back from Bible camp)
:D
word count: 666
Imagesomeone teach me how to use dis... plox

Fallen Leaves
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: themajesticreindeer

Post by Fallen Leaves » November 19th, 2015, 12:03 am

Might seem kind of weird saying this but CC is like a safe haven of sorts to me. I started online gaming in 2007 with Wolfenstein Enemy Territory, put at least a thousand hours into that game and made countless friends, sadly though the game has died and I left it in 2011 when TF2 went free to play. Like wise I've put a thousand hours into TF2, made some good friends and found a community that I've been a part of since late 2011. Why exactly is CC a safe haven? Well, this is the only Christian server/community that I've come across in all my years of gaming, it's also the friendliest and most welcoming place I've been a part of. I have grown tired of the insults, immaturity and abuse that goes on in this other community so I decided one day to type 'Christian' into the server search bar and CCG showed up. Curious, I joined the server and was blown away by how polite and warm of an atmosphere there was - only a few hours in and I wanted to get to know as many people as I could... start a clean slate if you will. The regulars on TS have also been welcoming, my first time getting on I was very nervous because again of past experiences with the other community; I was greeted the second I entered and come back weekly for the bible study which has helped me through some tough times. Being able to have actual conversations, laugh and enjoy myself without feeling judged feels amazing on both the TF2 and TS server.

I feel like I could be more involved with CC but college has limited the amount of time that I can spend online. I hope that once my second year is done that I'm able to get to know people better, at this point I'm just people watching and scoping the place out still (even though I'm a member and have been around for a few months). CC is a place for me to have a good time, challenge and grow my faith with God and many other things.

Honestly I don't think I've been around long enough to fully give my two cents into what could be different - once I've been here for a year or more I would probably feel that I would be able to express my thoughts and opinions

From what I've experienced, yes the council members do a good job of interacting with people in the community. Like I said earlier I was greeted instantly by almost everyone in TS because they knew I was someone new, which made me feel very welcomed. I don't know exactly what they could do, I think having the newsletter every month with various members is a good start to get to know them better.

word count: 583
I am vengeance. I am the night. I am CATMAN.

xXDarkst0rmXx
CC Member
CC Member

Post by xXDarkst0rmXx » December 5th, 2015, 1:33 pm

1. What does CC mean to you personally?? CC means to me personally is a good sense of friendship having great people you are able to play games and able to gain great conversations with others has always been a great thing in my opinion

2. How involved do you feel you are in CC?? ie how invested are you? is it just a place to game or is something more for you?? Cc is more then a place to game in my opinion i fell it is a place where you can learn about other people and where you can do many great things to help the community and make it grow and expand even larger .

3. What would you like to see different around here??? please be honest!! I like it the way it is honestly i was in this community last year i found it really great that everyone was sticking to a idea and more into a broad spectrum of things

forums/ingame/ts??? What could they do different to help you to get to personally know them better?? the council members do a fantastic job of what they have to do . in my opinion real life first since we all have things we need to get done and completed .

5. Idea's??? anything that you can think of.. good or bad.. maybe a minecraft group build would be call but that would have to be a unanimous decision

I encourage you to post what your heart feels. Good or bad this will help with things moving forward. If you do not feel comfortable posting something please pm me and I will make a post for you.. You can stay out of the lime light :biggrin: .. Growth will not come without new ideas and some discussion about things that don't sit well with you..

I will be blasting this link out on steam for the next few days to the CC group to remind you to post on it.. Again if you don't want something with your name on it pm me and I will make the post for you..

Thank You all,
God Bless Global
word count: 375

dolphinsushi

Post by dolphinsushi » December 11th, 2015, 5:58 pm

cc to me is a great place for fun and safe gaming. don't have to worry to much about negative people and problems.

Right now it's a place to game with good influence. but i hope to make it more

yeah i like it how it is

i'm sure the they do spend a lot of time interacting but i think something needs to be set up to help them make a better effort to involve new people to the site

no other ideas
word count: 86

Samtron101
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: xvheartattack

Re: What does CC mean to YOU!!! Open to Post anytime!!!

Post by Samtron101 » December 17th, 2015, 3:02 pm

I haven't been around in a while due to a mixture of a new job and some fun court stuff that's dragged out over a year at this point, but is suppose to be ending very soon. I am excited to be back around though. Obviously I am unaware of how things have been going for a while, so if something I suggest has been done, my bad haha

Family. I started playing with CC June 2008 and have no plans of ever leaving here. Through the good and bad times, this place to me is much more than that. God fearing family of gamers. I tried to leave to SoC and other groups years back, but nothing compares, even in the rough times.

I hope to get back to my previous involvement level as things are getting better at home. Through good and bad, I am fully invested here.

More community involved. At times it has appeared as if the majority of activity comes from staff and not do much the community.
A more streamlined process for deciding on things. People find reasons to criticize anything, anyone old enough knows this, but an easier way to get stuff decided or processes implemented without having to wait for months for enough votes. If it doesn't go as planned, ok we learn and move on.

From a couple nights of jumping on TS and popping in everyday on the forums, the council looks pretty involved if you ask me.

Job board!!! Over the years I have seen so many talented people come through he and have fun, but never really get involved. What's bad about creating positions for random little things we need done around here? Delegation would give council even more time to focus on bigger things. At one point I submitted a list of ok IIke 30 things we could involve people with. When I was younger, offering to do little odds and ends around here made me feel more like a piece of the community.
I think we have always focused on staffing for what we have vs staffing for where we want to be, which brings up my second point, where do we want to be? Small or large gaming community (we have been both over the years), small or large Christian community? Again, I brought up this point before going afk, so apologies if this was touched already.

Overall, I love this place and because of that I hope see not only see it, but help it move forward.
Love you guys,
Sam
word count: 523
Proverbs 14:30 -A heart at peace gives life to the body,
but envy rots the bones.