Christian EDM?

Talk about clean shows, videos, music, pictures, books, etc.
Dandreas
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: Dandreas

Christian EDM?

Post by Dandreas » January 14th, 2016, 1:33 pm

Has anyone heard of a Christian EDM DJ/Artist? I know it sounds super weird, but just hear me out on this one!

Thanks all! Sorry for so many topics, I just like to talk! :)
word count: 35
"My scars are not to be hidden from the world, they are my story to the world, that God is greater than everything this world can throw at me."
-Louie Giglio

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Re: Christian EDM?

Post by NeoJabez » January 14th, 2016, 2:02 pm

Attollo? I bet you can weigh in here...
word count: 8
If serving is below you, leadership is beyond you. - Anonymous

Coram Deo, Soli Deo Gloria

Imagine Wagons
Steam Profile: STEAM_0:1:32234823

Post by Imagine Wagons » January 19th, 2016, 5:48 pm

Swedish Revolution, Capital Kings, Solomon Olds (Soul Glow Activatur), Cloud2Ground, and much more.

word count: 13

AttolloDeus
Steam Profile: AttolloDeus

Post by AttolloDeus » January 20th, 2016, 11:41 am

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Neo :) I think Cappi is going to have this one covered, though.

Aside from actual worship music (I prefer hymns over CCM) I really only listen to Christian music groups that aren't Christian (e.g., Switchfoot) and I have not found a lot of quality on the Christian EDM scene, either in the lyrics or the musicality. It's tough, because a lot of mainstream EDM is made for clubs and the dancing therein, the morality of which really doesn't lend itself to Christian EDM. One of my favourites was actually Owl City, who some people didn't know is a Christian. His music changed a couple of years back, though, so I'd recommend his earlier stuff for more intentional lyrics and style.

I'm sure I could come up with B-level stuff, but I don't have any good recommendations off the top of my head. I also have never heard of any of the ones Cappiman suggested, so I will be checking them out later.
word count: 177

Paranoid-Glitch

Post by Paranoid-Glitch » August 27th, 2016, 7:07 pm

I don't know if this would help or anyway relates to the topic being discussed, but most EDM artists (Christian or Non Christian) actually convey moral stories through their songs. Take Alesso's song "Heroes" or Swedish House Mafia's "Don't You Worry Child" or Sebasian Ingrosso's "Reload". Whether these artists declare themselves as followers of Christ or not, there are usually moral stories contained within the songs that actually coincide with positive moral behavior and some biblical principles.
word count: 82