Looking for books

Talk about clean shows, videos, music, pictures, books, etc.
Gidget
CC Member
CC Member

Re: Looking for books

Post by Gidget » July 10th, 2016, 8:54 am

Ted Deckers books.
word count: 3

The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few;
therefore beseech the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest.
Luke 10:2

http://www.lifeofkilo.blogspot.com

Hudbus
Steam Profile: Hudbus101

Post by Hudbus » July 10th, 2016, 10:40 pm

Have you read some of C.S. Lewis's other works? Such as The Screwtape Letters and the Space Trilogy? (Starting with Out of the Silent Planet.) The latter series was written on a dare/challenge in between Tolkien and Lewis.
word count: 41
Be Excellent to Each Other

Check out my Blog: http://theikim.com/

Kesarahk
Council Member
Council Member

Post by Kesarahk » July 11th, 2016, 2:49 pm

Have you read "Howl's Moving Castle" by Diane Wynne Jones? If you've seen the movie -- need I say it -- they're quite different.

https://www.amazon.com/Howls-Moving-Castle-Diana-Wynne/dp/0061478784/

It's basically one long, suppressed laugh. A lady I know started blogging her way through it to mine all the references someone like me hardly notices ( https://elcrain.wordpress.com/2010/12/ ) ... she never finished, but what there is, is interesting. Worth a look if you like the book.

(Jones wrote many other books during her lifetime but I can't recommend them without reservation as many have occultic themes; HMC has possibly the least of the ones I've read.)
word count: 118

Disench4nted
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: Disench4nted

Post by Disench4nted » July 11th, 2016, 3:10 pm

Some of my favorite sci-fi books of all time in no particular order.

The Forever War - Joe Haldeman
The Foundation Trilogy - Isaac Asimov (There are actually more than 3 books in the series, and the later ones are also good.)
The Dune series - Frank Herbert

These are all classics and are an absolute necessity for any sci-fi fan.
word count: 59

Cat9
CC Member
CC Member
Battle.net Profile: Cat9#11122

Post by Cat9 » July 29th, 2016, 9:35 pm

You got Genesis • Exodus • Leviticus • Numbers • Deuteronomy • Joshua • Judges • Ruth • 1 Samuel • 2 Samuel • 1 Kings • 2 Kings • 1 Chronicles • 2 Chronicles
• Ezra • Nehemiah • Esther • Job • Psalms • Proverbs • Ecclesiastes • Song of Solomon • Isaiah • Jeremiah • Lamentations • Ezekiel • Daniel • Hosea
• Joel • Amos • Obadiah • Jonah • Micah • Nahum • Habakkuk • Zephaniah • Haggai • Zechariah • Malachi • Matthew • Mark • Luke
• John • Acts • Romans • 1 Corinthians • 2 Corinthians • Galatians • Ephesians • Philippians • Colossians • 1 Thessalonians • 2 Thessalonians • 1 Timothy • 2 Timothy • Titus
• Philemon • Hebrews • James • 1 Peter • 2 Peter • 1 John • 2 John • 3 John • Jude • Revelation
Sorry had to.
word count: 89

Dark
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: STEAM_0:1:1711680

Post by Dark » August 2nd, 2016, 10:50 pm

Systematic Theology.
word count: 2
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Romans 6:23 -

1petet315
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: 1peter315
Battle.net Profile: 1peter315

Post by 1petet315 » September 3rd, 2016, 2:15 pm

I would recommend Dawn of Wonder by Johnathan Renshaw. He is a new author and I loved this first book. I have not found anything that says he is a Chistian but he has a Christian message in the story which blew me away!
word count: 44
1peter315
"Set Christ apart in your heart and always be prepared to have a reason for the hope that you have but do it with gentleness and respect".

tk3soj
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: 0:1:38195806

Post by tk3soj » September 3rd, 2016, 11:54 pm

A few short and interesting books by Ravi Zacharias. I've only read a couple so far, but I like his voice in the books. He has many out, but the ones I am thinking of are where he sets up hypothetical situations where Jesus and other people from history have conversations. The one I read first and it's memorable is "The Lotus and the Cross," where Jesus and Buddha have a conversation. Its really good insight into worldviews and how Jesus relates to them. I am also gonna restart reading "Jesus Among Other Gods." IDK if they are your style, but they are sort of fiction and entertaining to the imagination in a way.
word count: 116
<><

nomercy093
CC Member
CC Member
Battle.net Profile: OverKill93#1745

Post by nomercy093 » November 20th, 2016, 2:15 pm

Here Is a book I will be getting soon its highly rated I don't know much about it other than its suppose to be good https://www.amazon.com/Book-Mysteries-Jonathan-Cahn/dp/162998941X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1479669238&sr=8-1&keywords=the+book+of+mysteries+by+jonathan+cahn
word count: 55