The proposed WALT topic...

Talk about clean shows, videos, music, pictures, books, etc.
NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

The proposed WALT topic...

Post by NeoJabez » August 6th, 2017, 2:54 am

Okay folks, as mentioned in the meeting 8/6/17, Dynamite Tiger proposed a "What Are You Listening To?" topic....(WALT, we'll leave out the "Y" for ease of remembering the acronym).

Anyway, here's how this works...Our playlist will feature Christian specific music.

A 'playlist collaborator' or two, (or more, depending) will be given a link which allows them to add to a playlist on our YouTube channel, or take away, or otherwise manipulate which music videos will be on this shared playlist.

This collaborator will have access to this playlist only, and not general access to our channel. This person will take member's suggestions for music videos to be placed in the playlist (and thus in the playlist thread this person will curate) and the collaborator will make sure to vet all videos and music, to make sure they fit our criteria...

Our criteria will obviously be Christian music, but we'll go ahead and say the obvious: No cussing, nothing sexually explicit, nothing that expresses hate for anyone or anything, etc.

What's the point? What's the goal?

Well, we will have a thread as a resource for people...Where they can start the playlist we've created and grown through our YouTube, and they can have it playing behind their game as they play, while they are doing homework, visiting our forums, or whatever. We're hoping that those who have never really gotten into Christian music might find some they like, that those who do like Christian music will come across some they haven't heard before, and this could also be a great new way for people to find our Youtube channel, and thus our website/forums, and other social media outlets. It's a win/win.

THIS thread is to inform you a little more on the idea, expand on what DT already explained, and to see what sort of interest this idea really has.

I would also be interested to hear a few suggestions for music videos we might start the playlist with, keeping in mind that Tiger pointed out that we should always use the most official videos we can find, so that we know the videos won't be taken down, and our links broken. So, if somebody has shared an unofficial 'lyrics' video, it's not as official as perhaps someone's Vevo video, for example. I think the exception to that rule might be if the video to said music was ACTUALLY CREATED by a CC Member, we might look the other way, as we can actually HOST that video on our channel. (Better have permission for copyright reasons!)

If you like this idea, and want to see it go somewhere...You don't have to answer a poll, or anything like that...Just post a video/song you really like in this thread, and we'll see what sort of response we can generate!

Go for it!

I'll start the ball rolling with an interesting rap song Oxy shared with us a few years ago...I'm not the biggest hip-hop/rap fan because the stuff they do today isn't the kind of quality that used to exist...

Having said that, check out this video:

LeCrae - Prayin' For You

Then, of course, there's the more pop-leaning Mercy Me with an upbeat song from 2010:

MercyMe - Move

Again, if you support this idea, and want to see this playlist get off the ground, start submitting now!

We'll fill everybody in on the officlal collaborators and such if this idea even gets off the ground, it's up to you! And, if you're just plain bored, we already have a video playlist page right on our website, which has 8 different playlists with everything from Member Slideshows to Bible Studies! https://www.ccgaming.com/media/youtube-playlists/

After our playlist has become established, and our 'official' thread has begun, it has been suggested we limit submissions to 2 songs per person per day. First, certain people will be very genre-specific, and we want a nice variety. This helps keep the topic active also, because, if you have more than a couple of suggestions, you can make another post tomorrow. This brings people back again and again. Also, please remember to add the artist and title of the song in text before or after your video link. This insures we can find the video in the case that the link doesn't work. In some cases, some videos are not available in some countries or the vid may get moved or deleted at a later date. We can then go back to see what song was posted.
word count: 789
If serving is below you, leadership is beyond you. - Anonymous

Coram Deo, Soli Deo Gloria

Grizz Gallant
Steam Profile: †<CC>< Grizz Gallant
Origin Profile: GrizzGallant
Battle.net Profile: GrizzGallant#1761

Re: The proposed WALT topic...

Post by Grizz Gallant » August 6th, 2017, 6:24 am

So some of my favortites:

The W's "The Devil Is Bad"

Joy Electric - "Children Of The Lord"

Gasoline by Skillet

Ember by Fold Zandura
word count: 25

DynamiteTiger
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: DynamiteTiger
Origin Profile: DynamiteTiger
UPlay Player: DynamiteTiger

Post by DynamiteTiger » August 6th, 2017, 12:49 pm

Id suggest when its official there be a limitation on entries. Some music lovers can post a couple dozen songs at a time but that doesnt give the playlist diversity. In the WALT topics Ive admin'd in the past it was limited to 2 songs per person per day. This helps keep the topic active also cause if you have more than a couple suggestions, you can make another post tomorrow.

One of my favs right now:

Mercy Me - Even If

..and an old classic just for fun:

Carmen - Satan Bite the dust
word count: 94

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Post by NeoJabez » August 6th, 2017, 12:59 pm

DT...If you don't mind, I will add your thoughts about submissions per day to the main post. Thank you.
word count: 21

DynamiteTiger
CC Member
CC Member

Post by DynamiteTiger » August 6th, 2017, 5:14 pm

NeoJabez wrote:DT...If you don't mind, I will add your thoughts about submissions per day to the main post. Thank you.
Thats cool with me. :thup: Please remember to add the artist and title of the song in text before or after your video link. This insures we can find the video in the case that the link doesn't work. In some cases, some videos are not available in some countries or the vid may get moved or deleted at a later date. We can then go back to see what song was posted.
word count: 96

Dagradon
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: dagradon74

Post by Dagradon » August 9th, 2017, 12:05 am

Red-Breathe Into Me

Skillet-Feel Invincible

Matthew West-Grace Wins
word count: 11

Dark
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: STEAM_0:1:1711680

Post by Dark » August 9th, 2017, 12:59 am

It's time to get things a little heavier in here.

August Burns Red - Invisible Enemy

Silent Planet - Panic Room
word count: 20
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Romans 6:23 -

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Post by NeoJabez » August 9th, 2017, 1:09 am

ALL of these videos have been added, and I will post an official WALT topic in just a bit.

Thank you, everyone, for getting us started strong!

Grace Wins was pretty good, Dagradon! (I'm making my way down the list as I put together the official topic.)

:)
word count: 48

DynamiteTiger
CC Member
CC Member

Post by DynamiteTiger » August 9th, 2017, 8:54 am

Something I forgot to add to the guidelines:

Videos posted should only consist of one song and should not have excessive talking like interviews or be long in length. (Unless of course it's one of those rare super long songs.)
word count: 41

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Post by NeoJabez » August 9th, 2017, 12:32 pm

Added, and I'm also adding:
If you have any sort of story to tell about the song(s) you are submitting, or if they helped you through a particularly bad spot, anything like that, you're welcome to share that as well.
word count: 43